03 CGL 4.7 Cruise Control Not Working - The Lights On But Nobody Home - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 03 CGL 4.7 Cruise Control Not Working - The Lights On But Nobody Home

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Shop Stuff to Complete the Job!

Unread 08-31-2014, 06:37 AM   #16
asatxj
2001 WJ 

The switch might be bad? the "on" side works but not the "set"? If you have no vac leaks.

ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #17
dhasch16
2002 WJ 

Vaccuum reservoir under the front right headlight. A small crack means no cruise and your vent position won't change off defrost
Unread 09-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #18
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Did you fix it?

Sent from my iPad using Electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #19
sdarc

Ok been reading this and I have no cruise but my vents do change. If there was a vacuum leak would it not run rough? Mine smooth as silk. Haven't really dug into this yet as most of drive is on congested roads.
sdarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #20
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdarc View Post
Ok been reading this and I have no cruise but my vents do change. If there was a vacuum leak would it not run rough? Mine smooth as silk. Haven't really dug into this yet as most of drive is on congested roads.
If you have the AZC dual climate, then the mode door is run by electric motor.
I have had a vacuum line fall off of my throttle body and it idled perfectly normal. More than likely, you have a vacuum leak, but it's not the only problem that can cause cruise control to stop working.
We just start with the easiest.

Sent from my iPad using Electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.