02 Grand Overland 4.7 HO Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 02 Grand Overland 4.7 HO Questions

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Valkyre
2002 WJ 

Wj 02 Grand Overland 4.7 HO Questions

I bought an 02 Grand Cherokee Overland and it has the 4.7L HO engine but i was told its the J model not the N model....I have no idea what the difference is other than that the airfilters are not the same can anyone explain to me what the difference is and if i am going to run into problems later im trying to put an Cold air intake and exuast on it is there ones that are great etc any tips/advice would help!?!?! thanks

Valkyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
funkduck
2002 WJ 

You can learn about the HO engine here -
http://www.wjjeeps.com/ho_engine.htm

My opinion is an aftermarket intake is a complete waste of time and money, and an unnecessary complication on these engines.

Do a search on here for "Kolak Exhaust" for everything you could want to know about the exhaust everyone loves for these things.
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
Valkyre
2002 WJ 

my question was mostly whats the difference between the n and j models
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
funkduck
2002 WJ 

The J just means you have the HO engine, the N means you have the non-HO 4.7

See the 8th digit

http://www.wjjeeps.com/vin.htm
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Valkyre
2002 WJ 

oh your my hero thanks man
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Darnice
2004 WJ 

I thought J and N engines referred to the PCM required, J for J-tec which was 2002 and earlier. N was 2003 and 2004.
J and N have different crank sensor rings, N having more teeth and mor information on crank position.
Darnice is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.