01 grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 01 grand cherokee

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 11-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
jonpar84

01 grand cherokee

Have an 01 grand cherokee 4.7. It runs good in park but once i put it in gear the speedometer jumps all over the place then goes up to about 120 and shuts off the jeep. No codes show up for the engine or the transmission. Any idea?

jonpar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
new2site
2002 WJ 

Check for broken vacuum lines and pvc hose... spray starting-fluid around while the engines running/ or do smoke test.
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
jonpar84

I couldnt find any leakes and its still doing the same thing.
jonpar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
link375
2001 WJ 

possible TCM fault.

before my TCM completely died my speedometer would jump up and down all over the place then go back to 0

you may want to take it to the dealer and have them re-flash the TCM
link375 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.