Your thoughts and any real world pictures of the Deep Auburn Pearl Coat? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Your thoughts and any real world pictures of the Deep Auburn Pearl Coat?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Cajun_Mike

Your thoughts and any real world pictures of the Deep Auburn Pearl Coat?

I can only find a handful of photos of that color around the net and most of them arent in bright sunlight.

If insurance company total's my 2012 or if i go ahead and decide to trade it in after repair, that color has me very curious. It's the only color i might choose over the Granite.

Anyone here seen it in person? Thoughts?

I bet it looks mighty fine with the Sienna Brown interior.

Cajun_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
hemispin
2014 WK 

I think it looks great. But what I think shouldn't matter. It's your car and it only matters what you like.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #3
TJSport97
2014 WK 

Thought that color was only on the Summit but not sure. I have seen it.
Unread 10-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
kryogen
2011 WK 

I love that color on the summit, and also I love the granite crystal. Both are nice.

I think I would get the auburn just because it would be more rare and more exclusive, with a tan interior or something, would look really nice.

but you know what, I also love black... :P
kryogen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSport97 View Post
Thought that color was only on the Summit but not sure.
That's correct and in addition to that, the color will be discontinued in the near future.
Overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

October is the last month to order Auburn...it's discontinued. No replacement has been noted yet. The Deep Cherry Red and Cashmire are also discontinued with no replacements noted yet. Same time period.
Unread 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
pwrdbym

I have the Auburn. I specifically searched for it and I'm satisfied to have a "color" on my Jeep. Color pallets are so bland these days with black, white, gray, & silver being the prominent choices.
The Auburn looks great in the sun with the metal flake, lots of colors coming through. People refer to it as "root beer". I also have the brown interior.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
esimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA
October is the last month to order Auburn...it's discontinued. No replacement has been noted yet. The Deep Cherry Red and Cashmire are also discontinued with no replacements noted yet. Same time period.
Funny, my three favorite colors for the GC are Auburn, Deep Cherry Red and Cashmere in that order.

Guess my taste has been discontinued.

My last car was black; or should I say, if I washed it every day it would be actually black. Otherwise it was salt colored whitish black or dust colored tan-ish black or pollen colored yellowish black.
esimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #9
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

There will undoubtedly be another red in the mix...red is a popular color and they are likely just refreshing to a different shade. The other two are colors that while attractive to some percentage of folks, they are not loved by the masses. I suspect they will be replaced by other colors that have similar properties...appeal to a certain percentage of buyers, but different than the current ones. The Winter Chill color I have is like that...not a huge seller, but appealed to enough folks to make it worthwhile for a couple of years.

I personally would like them to offer a more "aggressive" color or two for JGC like they do for Wrangler, etc. Like the orange that was on the teaser "Trailhawk II" concept, etc.
Unread 10-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #10
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbym View Post
I have the Auburn. I specifically searched for it and I'm satisfied to have a "color" on my Jeep. Color pallets are so bland these days with black, white, gray, & silver being the prominent choices.
The Auburn looks great in the sun with the metal flake, lots of colors coming through. People refer to it as "root beer". I also have the brown interior.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Good choice. I've only seen one & thought it was pretty sweet. It would certainly be my choice if it was available.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
pwrdbym

Here you go:

pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #12
gbakes

Man, that is just stunning. I keep waffling between white and the auburn. The white just seems like it would be easier to keep clean and have more longevity but the brown is different. But maybe I would regret the brown. I wonder what it looks like at night?

I'm currently in a silver FJ Cruiser and really had buyers remorse over not getting the bright yellow FJ. But 7 years later I'm glad I got the silver.

I finally convinced myself to just get the white and be done, but every time I see a pic of the Auburn I think that might be the one.

I wish I could make up my effin' mind!

Thanks for posting the pic.
gbakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #13
BigNunz6
2015 WK 

I've seen it at my dealer while shopping for my newest GC and I'll tell you, it is very nice. Very rich and classy looking. I just wasn't a fan of all the chrome trim, looked a little too bling for my taste.
Definitely an eye catcher!!
Unread 10-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #14
Cajun_Mike

that is so nice.. I am going to check it out in person.. no doubt! Is it right when some people refer to it as "root beer" color?
Cajun_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #15
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbakes View Post
Man, that is just stunning. I keep waffling between white and the auburn. The white just seems like it would be easier to keep clean and have more longevity but the brown is different. But maybe I would regret the brown. I wonder what it looks like at night?

I'm currently in a silver FJ Cruiser and really had buyers remorse over not getting the bright yellow FJ. But 7 years later I'm glad I got the silver.

I finally convinced myself to just get the white and be done, but every time I see a pic of the Auburn I think that might be the one.

I wish I could make up my effin' mind!

Thanks for posting the pic.

Frankly, I can't believe they're discontinuing Auburn. White cars are everywhere. Get the Auburn...you won't regret it. There, I decided for you.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.