Wrong to add trail badge? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wrong to add trail badge?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
kkreit01

Hey -- my "Lattitudes" were listed as an "On/Off Road Tire" option on my window sticker, and cost me $150+ extra -- since they can go off road. The White Letters must make them off road capable. (lol)

Seriously though....add the badge. You could even add 3 of them on your front fender -- so they look like porthole vents. I added a "Hemi" badge to the rear of my 09 Aspen (when I had it). 2009 must have been when they started to get scared of advertising power vs. ecomomy.

I'd like to add the front tow hooks and skid plates to mine as well. I might then think of a "badge".

kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #17
scottfehr
2012 WK 

What's moderately embarrassing for me is that the only reason my wife's Overland has the offroad II pack and trail badge is because it happened to be the only one matching her color and interior choice. The most intense trail it will probably ever see is a slushy parking lot.
scottfehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfehr
my overland has the trail badge but i wish they had put some kind of hemi badge on the back. How the hell am i s'pposed to let people know i have a hemi?
mopar.com

forumrunner_20120306_112452.jpg

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
NotNowChief
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro307 View Post
Have a 11' Laredo 4x4 with QT1. I have added tow hooks up front and the full Mopar skid plate package. I'm guessing Jeeps that came with those things got the "Trail Rated Badge". Mine did not.
Perhaps a waste of money just for it, but I'm wondering input on whether it's wrong to do?
Do they get that base because they went through some special Jeep off road testing ground

Thanks!
Would you put an "SS396" badge on a V6 Camaro?
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
camaro307
2011 WK 

Thanks for the input. Since I've basically added everything (tow hooks, skid plates) they put on their models to put the badge on them I really don't see how I'm wrong. I'm sorry I hope I don't get people mad - but Jeeps claim of "off road/on road" tires is baloney. They are street tires optimized for fuel economy. 17"'s are what I have and I think they are just as capable as the 18's if not more. Wouldn't they also give me more room for tire travel in my wheel well?
As far as the SS396 badge on a V6 Camaro post..... I'm not putting a Hemi badge on my V6 Jeep so what's wrong with trail rated badge if I have skid plates and tow hooks?

My JGC has been on about 8 off road trips- several where I scraped skid plates- wish I had more clearance- and one jeep jamboree in Arizona where I kept up with all the lifted wranglers.

I think it's earned the damn little badge an if nothing else but looks- perhaps it could add re-sale value down the road.

Thanks again Gents-
camaro307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
steveinaz
2011 WK 

The problem with something like this is, anyone who would know what trail rated means, would know you're posing; everybody else wouldn't even know what trail rated means....so why bother? Sounds like a lose/lose scenario.
Tow package
steveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
JMP8562

IMO when they come out with a front winch bumper and i put on the rock sliders then i will badge mine but to each their own.. just because they slap a trail rated badge on a VW don't mean its trail rated AGAIN IMO when they start putting the trail rated badges on every JeeP that they make it starts becoming one of them "YA-WHATEVER" Things if you do a lot of mall cruising and hit a few deep pot holes and maybe do some rock crawling over a curb or two do you really need it or will it take away from what they were intended for, to let people know this is off road rated and ready!!
The bottom line is what you have done to it definitely made it trail rated go for it
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #23
penzly
2012 WK 

I thought it also required 4Lo to qualify. Do you have 4Lo on QT1?
penzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
mike76CJ5

1976 CJ5 

I find this thread a complete joke. ....discussing a badge and whether or not to add one... WK2 problems. haha.

1976 CJ5 Renedade Levis Edition
2012 WK2 Overland
mike76CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #25
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Dont you have to have QT2 or QD to be trail rated? At least the low range transfer case.
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #26
mistadobalina
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro307 View Post
Thanks for the input. Since I've basically added everything (tow hooks, skid plates) they put on their models to put the badge on them I really don't see how I'm wrong. I'm sorry I hope I don't get people mad - but Jeeps claim of "off road/on road" tires is baloney. They are street tires optimized for fuel economy. 17"'s are what I have and I think they are just as capable as the 18's if not more. Wouldn't they also give me more room for tire travel in my wheel well?
As far as the SS396 badge on a V6 Camaro post..... I'm not putting a Hemi badge on my V6 Jeep so what's wrong with trail rated badge if I have skid plates and tow hooks?

My JGC has been on about 8 off road trips- several where I scraped skid plates- wish I had more clearance- and one jeep jamboree in Arizona where I kept up with all the lifted wranglers.

I think it's earned the damn little badge an if nothing else but looks- perhaps it could add re-sale value down the road.

Thanks again Gents-
The badge is put on the WK if it has a real 4wd/Low Range system.
Tow Group
mistadobalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
airec13
2012 WK 

not to beat a dead horse, but you don't get the badge with 20" wheels (even with a 4WD system w/ Lo-Range T-Case)
airec13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #28
2MchFun
2011 WK 

We don't need no stinkin' badges!
Certainly putting trail rated badges on your GC is much better than putting a Hemi badge on a 6 cyl (now THAT is the true definition of a poser/ricer).
Not sure what the trail rated badges will do for you, but it is your Jeep so do whatever you want.
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #29
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

The worst thing I ever saw badge wise was a guy with an old Acura Integra with Cadillac badges on it. It was awful.
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #30
dientesfuertes
2012 WK 

Funny about the Acura. I saw a Mazda Miata that had BMW X5 badges. Who were they kidding?
dientesfuertes is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.