wondering about the functionality of the Mopar heated seat kit.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > wondering about the functionality of the Mopar heated seat kit....

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
Gerrard155

wondering about the functionality of the Mopar heated seat kit....

I am looking at buying a Grand Cherokee and I am wondering about the functionality of the mopar heated seat kit. If I were to buy the autp hvac module would I be able to use the switches on there to operate the heated seats? Also, if the vehicle is equipped with the factory auto start as well, would it turn the seats on when auto started? Thanks for any feedback!

Gerrard155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
eibyer

If they have ironed out the bugs in the new uconnect software then the heated seats/steering wheel will turn on when the auto-comfort features are turned on. Also, there's a temp threshold before it kicks in.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
2kg4u
2014 WK 

The OP is talking about adding an aftermarket seat heater. I am not sure what the answer is, but would suggest you contact the company selling the product to get answers to your questions.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
XJ2WK2
2011 WK 

OP- what year?
XJ2WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I think the OP means installing something like this accessory kit but using a HVAC panel to control it instead of the kit switches:

http://www.amazon.com/DODGE-HEATED-F.../dp/B004O9UBWU

or

http://allmoparparts.com/jeep-grand-...ats-p-853.html

I don't know of anyone that has installed them.

The installation and instructions leave a bit to be desired, but It looks like there is a power tap and two switches glued onto the console to control the heat. I dunno if the switches on the HVAC panel can be adapted to work.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

According to the service manual, The factory installed two front heated seat switches are momentary, push button-type switches, that provide a request signal to the Heated Seat Module (HSM) (also know as the comfort seat wheel module), over the Controller Area Network (CAN) bus, signaling the HSM to energize the heating element for the selected seat. Light Emitting Diodes (LED) in each switch indicate the level of heat in use. The front seat switch LEDs are controlled by the HSM.

The factory installed Heated Seat Module (HSM) is located under the front passenger seat. The HSM is a microprocessor designed to use the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus messages from the A/C-heater control to operate the front heated seats. When equipped with rear heated seats, the HSM receives request signals from the rear heated seat switches over hard-wired circuits.

Doesn't look like you can use the dash switches without also installing a HSM and perhaps a vehicle computer update.
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
According to the service manual, The factory installed two front heated seat switches are momentary, push button-type switches, that provide a request signal to the Heated Seat Module (HSM) (also know as the comfort seat wheel module), over the Controller Area Network (CAN) bus, signaling the HSM to energize the heating element for the selected seat. Light Emitting Diodes (LED) in each switch indicate the level of heat in use. The front seat switch LEDs are controlled by the HSM.

The factory installed Heated Seat Module (HSM) is located under the front passenger seat. The HSM is a microprocessor designed to use the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus messages from the A/C-heater control to operate the front heated seats. When equipped with rear heated seats, the HSM receives request signals from the rear heated seat switches over hard-wired circuits.

Doesn't look like you can use the dash switches without also installing a HSM and perhaps a vehicle computer update.
And we wonder why current vehicles have software and other issues. A seater heater used to be relatively simple but so where suspensions on cars.
I went over to a friends and he had his 2011 Z06 on the lift. I looked the suspension front and rear and just went oh the days of tuning by turning a shock a couple of clicks, swapping springs and moving anti roll bar to a different hole or swapping it for a thinner one are long gone.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.