WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #76
webspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo51 View Post
Does anybody know will these tires fit on my non QL Laredo?
Search for rolexjake on this forum, he has this isze on some kmc addicts on a non QL with no issues. On stock wheels I am not sure, I think have seen one post on that combo working.

Unread 12-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #77
Richard338
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Guess I better check back in here with more info....

so I ended up buying a set of the JK Wrangler Sahara 18" stock wheels with 255/70/18 Bridgestone Dueler tires.
Tires are 32" dia. (815mm). The wheels are offset 46mm, 7.5" width instead of stock 18" WK2 at 56mm and 8" width. I'm giving up about 0.4" of tire width, but in my opinion the 32" tire size looks great on the WK2. I have no issues with clearance (have QL. checked on all settings). I don't think I'd have issues with a 275/65/18 either (don't quote me on that though....)
Have you tried the 275/65/18s yet? I have a set of these wheels and am thinking of trying the bigger tires.
Richard338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #78
DJK555
2012 WK 

Winter wheels & Tires

Hello all. First post for me. Looks like a great forum.
Just picked up a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited in BC. As I travel through mountain passes on a regular basis and need 4 wheel drive to get up my 750 meter driveway for four months of the year, I would like to get a set of winter wheels and tires to replace the stock Michelin Latitude Tour. I'm finding that aftermarket wheels are hard to come by due to the new bolt patern/size and offset. Any suggestions? Has anyone had experience with the Latitude Tour in winter condidtions? Thanks in advance.
David
DJK555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #79
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

I drove in a 8" snowstorm here in Denver with the Latitude Tours and they worked just fine, but I wasn't going up any extreme grades on hills. The snow mode really helps it seems. You might want to give them a shot and if they aren't cutting it, then change them out.
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #80
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Tire rack, you put your vehicle in and it picks the wheels and tires that fit.
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #81
Justal13
2012 WK 

I see several sets of the 18" Laredo X painted version of the Limited Wheels on e-Bay and our local Craigslist. That is the direction I would go personally, and keep it looking nice and stock even in the winter. The factory wheels will hold up to salt and road chemicals better than any steel or aftermarket alloys, in my opinion. I would also spring for adding TPMS sensors if you are going to have a winter set and a summer set of wheels & tires. Otherwise, you will have to look at a TPMS error code on the EVIC all winter long. For tires, I always find the best prices at Discount Tire for all brands.

My Latitudes are working fine for Minnesota/Wisconsin ice and snow for me. Not planning to get a 2nd set for winter and not planning on off-roading. But your needs seem quite a bit more extreme. Best luck.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #82
BioCRD
2012 WK 

I travel mountain passes regularly, through long winters with heavy snow. Bridgestone Blizzaks have been terrific for me, have had 'em on two Subarus and a previous Jeep. I get them from Tire Rack, shipped to my door. For the Grand Cherokee, I ordered the package, of tires, wheels, and TPMS sensors all mounted and balanced, just had to put them on.

I would bet that any of the major brands' "studless" winter tires would be good. I'll keep the OEM Latitudes on the factory wheels for summer use.
BioCRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #83
MI_Limited
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK555 View Post
I'm finding that aftermarket wheels are hard to come by due to the new bolt patern/size and offset. David
The bolt pattern is the same as the previous WK's, it's just the width and offset you may have to consider. Has anyone tested the fitment of the 18" Wrangler wheels on the WK2's? Those would look pretty sharp for winter wheels and even have the JEEP center cap.
MI_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #84
Busina
2011 WK 

I ordered a set of rims and winter tires from TireRack, didnt have any issues. When they were delivered, all i had to do was unwrap and bolt them on.
Busina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #85
JABEACHFANZ
2012 WK 

Cool Tire Size

Hello everyone.

I have a Bright Silver 4x4 Laredo with ORC1, Security and Conv group, and the laredo e group (So no QL for me!)

. I have 17x8 wheels and really like the looks of the stock wheels. I was looking into going from the 245 75 16's which is 29.50 in to 265 75 on the same stock wheels. The tire i'm looking at is the Treadwright Guard Dogs which is 32.2 in tires. Does anyone know if these would rub? Or should I try and go to the 245 75 16's.

I don't really want to put spacers or a lift on at this point, just looking for a beefier tire that I can use with the stock 17x8 wheels.
JABEACHFANZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #86
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEACHFANZ View Post
Hello everyone.

I have a Bright Silver 4x4 Laredo with ORC1, Security and Conv group, and the laredo e group (So no QL for me!)

. I have 17x8 wheels and really like the looks of the stock wheels. I was looking into going from the 245 75 16's which is 29.50 in to 265 75 on the same stock wheels. The tire i'm looking at is the Treadwright Guard Dogs which is 32.2 in tires. Does anyone know if these would rub? Or should I try and go to the 245 75 16's.

I don't really want to put spacers or a lift on at this point, just looking for a beefier tire that I can use with the stock 17x8 wheels.
I'm confused. You keep referencing tires that are for a 16 inch wheel but you say you have a 17 inch wheel.
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #87
WeBeCinYa

I just put the 275/55/20 on my Laredo with the stock 20in wheels. I decided on the Pirelli Scorpion ATR with no rubbing issues and no change in power on my V6.

Unread 03-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #88
JABEACHFANZ
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo

I'm confused. You keep referencing tires that are for a 16 inch wheel but you say you have a 17 inch wheel.
Was a typo. I meant 17 not 16's.
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #89
JABEACHFANZ
2012 WK 

Actually. I did make a mistake for some reason I was looking at tires for a 16'' wheel. (I just traded up from an 06 trailblazer which had 16'' wheels). The tires i'm looking at are Treadwright Guard dog 265 70 17 load range E. They run $125 each before shipping and have a nice all terrain tread. The outer diameter according to their website is 32.25''. I have seen alot of really good reviews for these tires so the fact that they are retreads doesn't bother me.
JABEACHFANZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #90
WJMex

Question 285/60/18 -- Cooper Zeon LTZ or Terra Grapplers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webspoke View Post
If you mean the 285/60/18's - it works fine with my QL at it's normal and highway setting (1/2" lower). There is another jeep on here without QL with the same tire on XD wheels also who has not mentioned any issues (see page 5 of this thread)
Webspoke is running 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with apparently no rubbing in the various QL settings..... Is anyone running 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ?

How can I choose a rim that in combination with the Zeon LTZ will fit the K2 without rubs?

Sr. Webspoke, Do you have any rubbing on the trail or at highway mode with your 285/65/18s?

Last edited by WJMex; 04-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: No responses... Come on guys!
WJMex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.