WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 05-20-2014, 06:24 AM   #541
91crxdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSushi View Post
Correct, no rubbing at the lowest setting. They feel good and sound good. I did notice on rougher concrete they are louder, but I like them.
Awesome, that seals the deal for me. I'm going to order a set this week.

Thanks again.

91crxdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #542
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

Rubicon take offs?

I searched but didn't find it, will 2013 Rubicon take offs 255/75/17 work on a stock laredo?

I love the wheels and may buy the set even if the tires do not fit, I am guessing no issue with the wheel?
dtrkyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #543
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrkyman View Post
I searched but didn't find it, will 2013 Rubicon take offs 255/75/17 work on a stock laredo?

I love the wheels and may buy the set even if the tires do not fit, I am guessing no issue with the wheel?
A member posted a few months back in the wheel and tire thread that he was able to fit them with no problem.
img_0088.jpg

Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #544
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

Trail hawk make a difference?
Unread 05-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #545
XJ2WK2
2011 WK 

Quote:
Trail hawk make a difference?
Decals will not make a difference in tire fitment.
XJ2WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #546
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

Love those wheels, do you know what members rig that is! I still didn't find it in a search? Decals wont but running it with quad lift will!

Will I need lug nuts? I think I am going to pick these rims and tires up, if they do not work out I will sell the set of tires, new tires cost as much as this whole set and it is a set of 5!
Unread 05-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #547
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Quote:
Love those wheels, do you know what members rig that is! I still didn't find it in a search? Decals wont but running it with quad lift will!

Will I need lug nuts? I think I am going to pick these rims and tires up, if they do not work out I will sell the set of tires, new tires cost as much as this whole set and it is a set of 5!
Found the original post. Guess it wasn't in the tire wheel thread.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...i-wk2-2031233/
Unread 05-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #548
Alaska-HWY JK

Rubicon wheels are 17", meaning they won't work with a Hemi equipped WK2 because of the bigger front brakes.
Alaska-HWY JK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2014, 04:26 AM   #549
polizei

He stated he had a Laredo.
Unread 05-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #550
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

What is a fair offer for used rubicon wheels like the ones pictured above?
Unread 05-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #551
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Quote:
What is a fair offer for used rubicon wheels like the ones pictured above?
Probably depends on you area. In Phoenix, I was looking at Craigslist for a few months and found that you could pick up a brand new (take off) set from $900-$1300. That's actually a really good value. That price alone would only buy you just the tires (retail). And that was for a set of 5 wheels/tires with TPMS.
Unread 05-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #552
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

I am finding a lot of used sets with plenty of rubber, some as cheap as 850, but I drive highway a bunch and am not sure I want the mt tires, have a guy on cl now possibly selling me just the wheel? Do I need different lugs than my stock laredo wheels have?
Unread 05-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #553
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

Anyone see an issue with running a 235/80/17? 31.8 x 9.3, seems like it may be a great size being narrower to help avoid rubbing. Only good t0 7.5 inch rim according to description. Stock laredo rims are 7.5 I believe, however some of the take offs I have been thing about are 8.
Unread 06-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #554
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

255/75/17 fit in spare well?
Unread 06-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #555
jimb0JP

Hi all,

Is there one thread posted on this forum that summarizes the largest tire that will fit on any given size wheel? I have read through probably half the posts in this thread and have not seen one that addresses the largest tire that would fit on a WK2 4 x 2 vehicle with 20" wheels. I have a 2012 Jeep GC Altitude 4 x 2 with the 5.7 engine and the factory black 10-spoke 20 x 8" wheel. Looking at the tire charts at tirerack.com, it tells me that a 295/45/R20 tire will fit on that wheel, and that tire has a diameter of 30.45". The tire that came on the vehicle is a 265/50/R20, which has a diameter of 30.43", so they are very close in height. The 295 is 11.6" wide, and the 265 is 10.4" wide, so there is a 1.2" difference there. Given this, I would not believe that there would be any tire rubbing issues as far as the height goes, but the tire would protrude back into the wheel well approximately .6" more that the stock tire. With just turning the front wheels in the static position there does not seem to be an issue with front tire clearance, however I'm aware that this clearance can be less when turning the wheel into the stop while underway. Is anyone here running this size tire on their WK2?

One of the main reasons I want to go to this sized tire is that I have had excellent luck running General Grabber UHP tires on both my previous 2001 Blazer ZR2 and my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited vehicles, and the V-tread pattern is excellent here in Florida for running through standing water on the highway. It is a reasonably priced tire, it has a nice looking tread pattern, and I have been able to get over 40K miles of each set I've had. This tire is not available in the 265/50/R20 size.

Once again, I apologize if this information is posted somewhere here and I missed it. This site has a wealth of great information for Jeep owners, and I did a lot of research here before purchasing my Corsa catback exhaust system, K&N FIPF and sharkfin antenna, and I have been very pleased with all three of those purchases.

Thanks in advance.
jimb0JP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.