WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #466
Aquaforest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Not sure why you are going to that size??

Spend the bucks and go with the Michelin LTX M/S2
Well in addition to tire choices, that size will also give you extra height and rubber around the rim so there would be several reason for one to go to that size if that's what they're looking for without having to buy new rims (18").

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #467
MichiganState88
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post

Look at discounttiredirect or other on-line retailers.

If you want a tire made in Japan you need to look at Toyo brand. Otherwise most tires are made in the USA regardless of brand. .
Pay attention to this....I bought BFG because I wanted American made. Shortly after I bought (years ago, old JEEP) I was talking to a JEEP dealer about tires for my girl's JEEP. He told me that BFG isn't 'American made', it is 'assembled in America', meaning that the core is made overseas and the treads (I don't know if these can be made overseas) are applied in America. I assume this means they inject the BFG tread over the blanks but I am no tire expert. I did some checking and confirmed that BFG advertises 'assembled in America, but the cool thing is you can check the serial numbers on the tire and see which plant they are assembled in (not all are even in USA) but mine were assembled in Tuscaloosa.
Unread 02-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #468
MichiganState88
2011 WK 

I just bought my 3rd set of BFG and have been more than happy with the quality. I am not saying they are inexpensive but they have delivered for me. The KM2s were first on my WK, but I only got about 32k miles (could have gotten a few more but winter was coming) and the WK is not aggressive enough to really get proper use out of the KM2 other than just some looks. For those reasons I bought KOs to replace the KM2 on my WK and just bolted on shiny new KOs on my WK2. After 35k miles on the WK I still had plenty of winter tread left and were indestructible in my use, as were the KM2s (I admit I didn't abuse as bad as some, but I rode moderate trails in Moab a few times a year and drove to my construction sites every day for 6 years with not one puncture/flat or even a nail that could penetrate the BFGs [my cooper M+S still have a nail embedded in the tread without leaking]). I totaled my WK by sliding into a rock and hitting the side of my rim at 25mph, bending it, snapping the lower control arm, folding my tire back into my QP, literally breaking/bending everything attached to that wheel hub including cracking my differential housing. The rim was scratched to hell but the tire was hardly scuffed and held air for the 2 weeks it took to get insurance settled and totaled. Maybe not the best selling point on traction but you let me know when you find a tire that grabs on a road covered with ice at -10 degrees in the dark in the mountains while I admit driving too fast for the conditions around a curve. I liked the BFG KOs better than my Cooper M+S in the snow.

The factory goodyears that came on my WK with 40k miles blew.....yes blew. They slid all over the place when I arrived in the winter mountains, they were dangerous. The factory Michelins that came on my WK2 with 21k miles blew worse, ****ing hated them with 21k miles! Drove them from MI where I bought it to CO where I live and they again were slippery and tracked ****ty on the road - felt like a wind gust blew me sideways when actually it was just tracking back and forth in the road lanes. In the last 7 days I was waiting for my KOs to get ordered and arrive, we had a huge snowstorm and I got stuck 5 ****ing times in stuff that was embarrassing for a JEEP, literally one was a 1" rut where I parked but with no traction all I could do was spin until someone pushed me out by hand. After 2k miles with the KOs on my WK2 there is an enormous difference in handling, lane tracking and smoothness, and I have yet to slide unintentionally or get stuck.

I still would appreciate some input on my earlier post about driving on my factory spare that has a smaller OD than my new tires.
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #469
billybob123
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Have you tried full turns, going over bumps, etc to check for rubbing?
Anybody know if there is more room in the wheel wells on the 2014's
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #470
billybob123
2011 WK 

Who has Am.Eagle 050 series & RR Lift

Wondering who has these and what offset/ backspace they got
Thanks
Unread 03-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #471
ndundiz
2014 WK 

17" wheel

Lookn to mount:

JK Savegre Wheels: Black

...wondering what is the widest I can go with the tire?

285 too wide regardless?

can I go with 70% height ratio with the 17" wheel?
ndundiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #472
ndundiz
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewbunton View Post
I have 255/70/r17 on mine. They are on JK 17s. I had to grind on the calipers a little bit to make the front two fit. I think I have the HD claipers on mine, but with a little bit of Plastic dip they look great. What do you all think?
How did you get that matte finish to the hood and was that process done to the grill as well?

I ask because recently, I "plastidipped" a few parts on my jeep, including my grill and the result resembles the look of a rhino liner, which I love! I wanted to do the same to my hood but didn't want a thick masking line...might look cheap!
ndundiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #473
JABEACHFANZ
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndundiz View Post
Lookn to mount:

JK Savegre Wheels: Black

...wondering what is the widest I can go with the tire?

285 too wide regardless?

can I go with 70% height ratio with the 17" wheel?
I think that might be too high of a ratio for that width. That size will generally be 32.70861" tall but tread pattern will be different from tire to tire. I would either go slightly narrower and shorter because that wide of a tire on a WK2 might cause some rubbing when turning. I think 32 is the tallest you can go on a stock wk2 but I havn't been keeping track of what works and what doesn't.
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #474
moncadaj
2012 WK 

I'm looking to change the tires on my WK2, i only have a leveling kit. I don't like the Michelin Latitudes it came with and I'm looking for a more aggressive look. I'm thinking of the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac or the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO in 275/65R18. Any suggestions?
moncadaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #475
MichiganState88
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncadaj View Post
I'm looking to change the tires on my WK2, i only have a leveling kit. I don't like the Michelin Latitudes it came with and I'm looking for a more aggressive look. I'm thinking of the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac or the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO in 275/65R18. Any suggestions?
See previous posts by me, I like the BFG KOs
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #476
billybob123
2011 WK 

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Right. I know 32s fit on certain models and it depends on the width, too.
Certain models ?
Must have missed that..... Same brand/size/rim/lift but rubbed on some ??
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #477
jeepinmax23
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Max tire size on stock 2011 WK2 without QL

Hey guys, I'm helping out my brother in law here that wants to upgrade his tire size. He has a stock 2011 grand cherokee laredo with no quadralift. I was wondering if you could tell me the max tire sizes with no QL without rubbing. Thanks a ton!
jeepinmax23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #478
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmax23 View Post
Hey guys, I'm helping out my brother in law here that wants to upgrade his tire size. He has a stock 2011 grand cherokee laredo with no quadralift. I was wondering if you could tell me the max tire sizes with no QL without rubbing. Thanks a ton!
There are multiple threads dedicated to wheel and tires including tire size.

Merged with the correct thread.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #479
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsled View Post
Certain models ?
Must have missed that..... Same brand/size/rim/lift but rubbed on some ??
Yea. Some larger sizes that fit on non QL will not fit on QL (in park mode) because Park mode drops to a point lower than a stock non QL thus a size may not fit.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #480
lleslie9

New here with a tire question

I recently got a 2011 GC Laredo.. I want to put Overland wheels on it and the tires it calls for on those wheels are 265/50/20.. My question is I just want to double check that it will fit my Jeep without modification or any problems.. I dont off road and will not be adding an modifications to it.. Thanks!!
lleslie9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.