WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #31
webspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc01 View Post
What is the offset of your rim? Does the tire stick side the guard at all?
Looks like 18x8 38et maybe from googling the wheel model? I am still planning an 18x8.5 or 9 with around 18-25mm offset for the 285/60/18. That should create plenty of inner fender clearance needed for the width, and the 31.5" height should keep other clearances reasonable.

The rear wheels stock are tucked into the fender by almost 1.5" the front is around 1-1.25" . It will take a significant offset change or width change to get the wheel tire pkg flush or slightly outside of the fender stance.

webspoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #32
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do, but I think I may be leaning toward the Yokohama Geolander AT/S tires. I had them once on a Tahoe I owned a couple of years ago and they seemed to do a pretty good job. Besides, they look to be one of the few AT tires you can get in that size that carry an H speed rating to help improve on-road manners while retaining off-road capability. Not that I expect my GC to handle like a slot car, but I ran a similar configuration on my Tahoe and was reasonably impressed with how the ride and handling improved over the stick GY Wrangler AT's that came on it.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else run these?

Of course if I can manage to score a set up JK Sahara take-off's for a reasonable price I may go that route.
Unread 04-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #33
justhangin
2011 WK 

I'm also trying to decide. I want to find a nice black offroad wheel and possibly fit 275/65/18 Goodyear Duratracs on them as they come out to 32.1 diameter and 9" width. Anyone else try the Duratrac's yet? I know based on these discussions, the 275/65/18 might possibly rub with QL depending on the tire? Thoughts?
justhangin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #34
jared57

Chiming back in.... so... I ended up buying 5 of the 18x8" steel wheels on Mopar.com for my Overland with QL. These wheels are the same 18x8" full size spare wheel that comes stock. I think they look great with Mineral Gray Metallic... a little mad max, very serious. I decided on steel wheels because they are durable and if you bend them out in the middle of nowhere, they can be fixed with a hammer. Aluminum will not bend back without significant weakening.

I first did test fit of the Cooper STT - LT275/65R18 (32.32" diameter). These fit fine. Yes, their is only about .5" clearance between the tire and the fender well on the front, but nothing touches in park mode or at max lift. All good.

I ended up going with the Nitto Terra Grapplers as most of my off road adventures will involve SoCal deserts. They are also cheaper and will be just as durable, especially the LT version. I got the LT275/65R18 size (32.01" diameter). They feel a little different than the stock 20's on asphalt, but minor. They are also just as quiet.

The Nitto's barely fit the spare tire well. The with keeps the spare tire hatch from closing all the way, but I can live with it. Also, the center screw that holds the spare down is not long enough to attach now... but again, minor.

Pics below of Cooper STT test fitment, and also of the Nitto's I ended up with for the full set (pics are in reverse order)
photo-1-.jpg   photo-2-.jpg   photo-3-.jpg   photo-4-.jpg   photo-5-.jpg  

Last edited by jared57; 04-19-2011 at 01:42 AM..
jared57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #35
jared57

more pics...
photo-6-.jpg   photo-7-.jpg   photo-8-.jpg  
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #36
jared57

They are heavier than the stock 20's, by lifting them I guess by about 10-15lbs. The steel wheels are not too heavy, but being that the tires are the LT variant, they are def heavier than the stock tires. The sidewalls are about 3/4" thick!

I have the v6, drives the same as before... for power, I have an STI that I track/race when I feel like going fast. ;-)

As for the plastic bins, does not matter if the are in or out. Tire is just about 1/2" too tall to fit it flush. Not worried about it though. Once it it loaded up, wont make a difference.

And nope, dont need the 18's anymore! These steel wheels were cheap.

Headed to Death Valley next week, gonna go hit some trails. =)
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #37
webspoke

285/60/18 tires

285/60/18 Terra Grapplers do fit with these wheels and QL. Vision warrior 375 - 18x8.5 +25 offset. Tightest spot is back of the front wheel well, at almost full steering lock. There is 1/8" to the felt wheelwell liner at normal height, just touches it in park mode.

This widens the stance just over 1" per side (31mm) which really fleshes out the look of the WK2. Will need to drive and force the suspension through more travel to see if there are more rubs.

Side view

Last edited by webspoke; 06-01-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Unread 06-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #38
webspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhunkler View Post
I'm looking for a set of wheels to sit flush with the outside fender walls. From the look of webspoke's setup (looks nice, but a little too aggressive for me) - I'm thinking 18x9.5-10" with a 35-40mm offset would be perfect... does this sound right?
35mm should do the job. There are some pics here of Rhino wheels 20x9 +35 with 285/50/20 that sit nicely in the fenders.
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #39
webspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankster988 View Post
Webspoke, I don't have quadra lift, would your setup fit my jeep or would I have to get a smaller size tire? I really like the wide stance. It looks more aggressive which is what I want.
Rolexjake has the same size tire and similar wheel on his non QL and it fits without issues. You can see pics in the wheel and tire thread here. I think the non QL jeeps acutally ride a bit higher in the front, so you will be fine.
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #40
webspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Anyone know what the offset is on the stock 20" Overland wheels?
56mm
Unread 06-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #41
rolexjake
2011 WK 

285 60 18 nitto terra grapplers
18x9 addicts
photo.jpg  
Unread 06-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #42
swankster988

So when I put the 285 60 18 nittos on will this change my speedo
swankster988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #43
webspoke

Yes, your speedo will read low by 3%. It is about 2mph at 70mph (reads 70, actually running 72). I've checked mine against a GPS and that is pretty accurate.
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #44
boostedboxer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Anyone tried 275/65R18 goodyear duratracs on the stock wheels? Discoverer stt's are another option
boostedboxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #45
Cabbie
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexjake View Post
285 60 18 nitto terra grapplers
18x9 addicts
They Look Awesome..

No Rubbing At All>?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.