WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 06-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #256
sac01
2011 WK 

Updated pics

Sharing some update pics of my setup with 275/55r20's with RRO Leveling Kit installed. Gives needed clearance up front where tires would slightly rub on some big dips in the highway...it did fine over abrumpt bumps but those dips in the highway at speed would cause the outer edge of right tire to barely nip the felt liner just inside the black fender trim. All is well now...

wk2-level-side.jpg   wk2-level-front.jpg  
sac01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:45 AM   #257
Redline85338

Will 24x 9.5 with like a + 15 offset fit on a 2014 Overland with QL?
Redline85338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #258
Redline85338

whats the factory offset and width of the 2014 Overland with 18's

Hey guys,

Looking into new rims and wanted to know that the factory specs are on the 2014 Overland with OL and the 18's? Like whats the width and offset? Ive looked and couldnt find anything and i have asked a few questions about wheels but they keep putting me into a bulk tire/wheel thread and no one answers there because there are to many post and to hard to find anything out. So I hope this works and someone can help me out before they did it again and I dodn't get any help. Just the let the forum guys know, if you want paying customers, then dont bulk thread peoples questions....... just saying

Last edited by Jackal01; 06-23-2013 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Merged with the "bulk tire/wheel thread"
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:36 AM   #259
97HMCS
2012 WK 

8" Wide, 56.4 mm offset.
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #260
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The information is in that thread, you don't need to ask again for it. Questions like yours usually don't get a response here because its one of those that gets asked over and over again and it just seems like the requester is too lazy to look it up.

Just saying that most folks don't want the main forum cluttered with these questions when you can easily find the answer either by looking in that thread or looking at whats stamped on your OEM wheels (most reliable). Its a community thing not a mod thing. Perhaps its way too much effort for you to pull a wheel off and look?
Unread 06-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #261
Redline85338

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
The information is in that thread, you don't need to ask again for it. Questions like yours usually don't get a response here because its one of those that gets asked over and over again and it just seems like the requester is too lazy to look it up.

Just saying that most folks don't want the main forum cluttered with these questions when you can easily find the answer either by looking in that thread or looking at whats stamped on your OEM wheels (most reliable). Its a community thing not a mod thing. Perhaps its way too much effort for you to pull a wheel off and look?
Ok, I guess I understand about not CLUTTERING the main forum section. All my tools are packed and I can not just take a tire off and look, so I thought I would ask. As for looking in the tread, I look over all the posts and there is noting about 22's or 24's in this tread, so again by putting them all together no one can answer my question unless they go and find my post in the 100's of posts in this tread. So again the way you " CLUTTER " this tread with tons of posts is not efficient.......

But thanks for the person who actually answered my question and didn't write some useless info
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #262
Alaska-HWY JK

Friendly place, on a forum that averages about 10-15 posts a day I'd hardly call it cluttering. The stickys are OK if you're familiar with them, the search like on all forums sucks.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #263
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thread count doesn't matter unless those threads are inquiring about topics that have already been posted. If a person has a tire/wheel question...there are three (3) Stickys dedicated said topics. A user should first look through the threads already talking about the topic in general. If the question isn't answered by looking, then post it. There is absolutely no point in being lazy and not wanting to search. The search function actually works very well if you use broad search terms and look for a little bit. It isn't Google or Bing. A person does not need to be familiar with Stickys to use them...they are at the top of the page for a reason (they are one of the most common topics).

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #264
lysol
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Thread count doesn't matter unless those threads are inquiring about topics that have already been posted. If a person has a tire/wheel question...there are three (3) Stickys dedicated said topics. A user should first look through the threads already talking about the topic in general. If the question isn't answered by looking, then post it. There is absolutely no point in being lazy and not wanting to search. The search function actually works very well if you use broad search terms and look for a little bit. It isn't Google or Bing. A person does not need to be familiar with Stickys to use them...they are at the top of the page for a reason (they are one of the most common topics).
GET EM!!! lol. Most people just will never be "good" at the technical world we live in. Even worse, they are getting further behind in everything everyday because of it. I have used the search function on this forum and many others with great success...
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #265
boyvan
2012 WK 

I am getting "Michelin Latitude Tour 265/65R18" for $700. I am buying these mainly for the rims. I plan to spray/paint it black.

I think these are the original Laredo wheels. Is that correct? I shouldn't have any issues with rubbing etc.
What do you guys think of the price? Rims look new (almost) from the pictures. Thx.
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #266
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

$700 for wheels and tires? Nice find. I sold mine for $800. They will work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
GET EM!!! lol. Most people just will never be "good" at the technical world we live in. Even worse, they are getting further behind in everything everyday because of it. I have used the search function on this forum and many others with great success...
Dito. I am on other forums also and it works great, maybe it is just a coincidence but I have never had issues with search functions.

Unread 06-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #267
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
Friendly place, on a forum that averages about 10-15 posts a day I'd hardly call it cluttering. The stickys are OK if you're familiar with them, the search like on all forums sucks.
Its not a friendly thing. Its a common practice in all popular forums like this one. Experience has shown it helps the forum run smoother and makes answers to common questions and discussions easier to find, especially in a modification oriented forum. It helps the flow of information and ideas. It also keeps the interesting posts from dropping off the bottom of the page due to useless clutter. Those of us that frequent a lot of forums appreciate the structure. This is one of the friendliest forums I routinely peruse.
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #268
boyvan
2012 WK 

Thanks for replying. From some these earlier posts I can safely assume 18s would work even though I have 20s on my Overland. Is there any other mods I need to do or would it be plug and play pretty much?

I attached pics of the wheels....the guy says he used it for only 2 weeks but looking at the tread.....I think they have been used longer than that. I am more interested in rims only. Its Craigslist after all, so anything too good to be true often is not true. So thought to ask my trusted sources on this forum. Even $700 is lot of money for me at the moment but I think its a good deal so I will store it until Oct/Nov.

Quote:
Your pictures are tiny...make them larger.
Done.
tire1.jpg   tire3.jpg   tire2.jpg  
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #269
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Your pictures are tiny...make them larger.

Unread 06-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #270
97HMCS
2012 WK 

Quote:
While I agree 100% with what you're saying, I'm the one who answered the question. I too am on other forums and there will always be members who don't first search for answers. Some just don't understand the search feature and some are too lazy, etc. I have been on the HML since 1998 and the same topics are resurrected over and over again.

If it's a simple question, I will usually just go ahead and provide the answer if I know it off the top of my head. More often than not, the threads become even more cluttered by not providing an answer with the should of/could replies. I think about 6 or 7 replies were just added to this thread (including this one ).
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.