WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Tire and Wheel Sizes

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #151
NorCalArctic
2012 WK 

Your WK looks great Alaska-HWY JK, you have a slightly wider stance with those less backspaced wheels. I am a bit concerned with the UCA bolt hitting the larger tires with OEM 20s but it looks as others have done this already without issues. I checked at the dealership for smaller wheels and found that they cost a lot more then I thought. Thinking of just running the 20s with the 275/55/20 GYSAs for now. Have any of you tried the RRO level kit with this set up, over the top strut plates can cause problems if not engineered right from what I have learned with the KK?

Last edited by NorCalArctic; 11-27-2012 at 02:23 AM..
NorCalArctic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #152
NorCalArctic
2012 WK 

Just got five 2010 Sahara wheels and new 265/65/18 GYSA . The spare fits in the compartment aired up, I need to extend the lock down bolt. Foam tire jack holder trimmed to fit. I like the profile stance of these wheels and no rub at stock height, clears standard calipers by 1/4". Now I need to find someone local who wants to buy my 70th Anniversary 20s for thier street Jeep.

Last edited by NorCalArctic; 12-01-2012 at 07:35 PM..
NorCalArctic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #153
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalArctic View Post
Just got five 2010 Sahara wheels and new 265/65/18 GYSA . The spare fits in the compartment aired up, I need to extend the lock down bolt. Foam tire jack holder trimmed to fit. I like the profile stance of these wheels and no rub at stock height, clears standard calipers by 1/4". Now I need to find someone local who wants to buy my 70th Anniversary 20s for thier street Jeep.
Wheres the pics?
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #154
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Will a 275/55/20 on the stock 20s overland cause any long term damage to my powertrain? It's only a 5 mm increase...I don't think the width is that much of an issue. Anyone here try it on the 20s? any rubbing?

I recall seeing another member here get denied warranty coverage when his GC died while towing. The dealers claim that the added diameter of the wheels caused accelerated wear on the powertrain.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...ty-bs-1431110/

it sucks for the 20" wheels...all the good tires comes in a standard size of 275/55/20 but the OE tires are 265/50/20 Nothing A/T comes in this size...
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #155
thefewtheproud
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki View Post
Will a 275/55/20 on the stock 20s overland cause any long term damage to my powertrain? It's only a 5 mm increase...I don't think the width is that much of an issue. Anyone here try it on the 20s? any rubbing?

I recall seeing another member here get denied warranty coverage when his GC died while towing. The dealers claim that the added diameter of the wheels caused accelerated wear on the powertrain.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...ty-bs-1431110/

it sucks for the 20" wheels...all the good tires comes in a standard size of 275/55/20 but the OE tires are 265/50/20 Nothing A/T comes in this size...
Check out the Nitto Terra Grapplers. They fit the stock 20s. That's what I would put on a WK2.
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/terragrappler
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #156
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

thanks for the recommendation. Any comparisons between the nitto terra grapplers and the yoko geolander ats?

noise, wet-dry-snow-slow-ice traction, tread wear?
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #157
thefewtheproud
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmackin View Post
A few photos of my Jeep with new Mopar 18" Off Road rims and 275/65r18 Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn tires. I bolt these on when I go off road, then I switch back to the stock 20" wheels and tires when I get home. So far they have performed very well off road. I've encountered no rubbing in my 2012 Quadra-Lift equipped Overland, (i.e. park mode, aero mode, off road at full articulation, etc.). I'm taking a trip up to Fraser Island at the end of the month. That should provide an excellent test to see if they rub.

These were the only mud terrain tires I could find in Australia in this size. They were plenty of dual use and all terrain options, but this was the only mud terrain tire I could find. They are quite loud on the road, needed to turn the radio up a bit to drown them out. And I did notice a small loss in power. Since I only use them off road, and they perform great there, I don't mind too much.

The first photo is in Off Road 2. The next 2 photos are in Normal Ride Height. The off road photos were taken at the Glass House Mountains just north of Brisbane.
I think this is the best looking wheel and tire combo yet! Nicely done!
Unread 12-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #158
lysol
2013 WK 

So I didn't want to start a new thread because my question is on par with this one. Something I keep forgetting while on my tire search is will a full size spare of it fit without raising the trunk lid? Pretty much concerned about the width here. Like I saw someone had taken a picture of his 275/65r18 mud terrain mounted under the floor and the floor couldn't close all the way. Anyone else experiencing problems like this?
lysol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #159
beans2369

I bought my car like a girl - "Look at the pretty wheels, I'll take it"

beans2369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #160
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans2369
I bought my car like a girl - "Look at the pretty wheels, I'll take it"
Looks good did you get that at Morehart Murphy up here in Durango? They had one exactly like that.
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #161
beans2369

I heard they had one. I bought my one at Advantage in Farmington.
beans2369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #162
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
So I didn't want to start a new thread because my question is on par with this one. Something I keep forgetting while on my tire search is will a full size spare of it fit without raising the trunk lid? Pretty much concerned about the width here. Like I saw someone had taken a picture of his 275/65r18 mud terrain mounted under the floor and the floor couldn't close all the way. Anyone else experiencing problems like this?
Mine just fit if you take the plastic trays out; I don't think you can go much taller or wider and still get them to fit in there. I can take a pic if you want to see it. My tire size is below in my sig.
2011 Laredo X 4x4, ORA 1, Quad Trac II 4WD, Wild Country XTX Sport 265/70/17, American Racing ATX series AX188 Ledge, RRO 2.5 lift, PIAA 510 & 520 ATP Aux lights, Yakima roof rack, Mopar rock rails, dealer OEM hitch, RR winch mount and brush bar, Smitty 10K winch, RR pre-runner skid plate, slightly de-chromed.
DirtyTires is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #163
lysol
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTires View Post
Mine just fit if you take the plastic trays out; I don't think you can go much taller or wider and still get them to fit in there. I can take a pic if you want to see it. My tire size is below in my sig.
If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate that. Ultimately, I want to run 275/65/18 but that is not going to happen so lol... so you are just a little taller than factory right?
lysol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #164
Taternator
2013 WK 

So I'm confused there are guys that run 275/65/18's on overlands with QL correct and others that say they won't fit? So will they is my question I've looked and can't seem to find a definite answer. I'm looking to get some mud tires because I hunt a lot and it gets muddy in Louisiana
Taternator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #165
DirtyTires
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate that. Ultimately, I want to run 275/65/18 but that is not going to happen so lol... so you are just a little taller than factory right?
Sorry for the crappy phone pics but it was fastest. You might be able to get a 275 in there and still close it but I'm not sure. These are a little taller than factory.

2011 Laredo X 4x4, ORA 1, Quad Trac II 4WD, Wild Country XTX Sport 265/70/17, American Racing ATX series AX188 Ledge, RRO 2.5 lift, PIAA 510 & 520 ATP Aux lights, Yakima roof rack, Mopar rock rails, dealer OEM hitch, RR winch mount and brush bar, Smitty 10K winch, RR pre-runner skid plate, slightly de-chromed.

Last edited by DirtyTires; 02-07-2013 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: had to re-up the photos!
DirtyTires is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.