WK2 Rock Rail Install. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Rock Rail Install.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 03-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #16
JMP8562

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Thanks for the pos feedback guys. And yeah 8 hrs. Would have been done in half that with 2 guys but I didnt think it would be that involved. The side steps are a 2 hour install and go to the frame. These rock rails mount to the body. You demo out the plastic rocker and associated pieces that integrate into the flares then each one is bolted with 20 plus bolts to the body. This includes a stiffener along the bottom rail.
How did you get the moldings off ? are they the plastic push type ? thanks for sharing hope you dont mind that i put a link for this on " WK2 WRIGHT UP2 " this way the next installer can just add a few comments to yours and it will be alot easier for someone to search
the price you paid was great... i cant find them under $780

89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP8562 View Post
How did you get the moldings off ? are they the plastic push type ? thanks for sharing hope you dont mind that i put a link for this on " WK2 WRIGHT UP2 " this way the next installer can just add a few comments to yours and it will be alot easier for someone to search
the price you paid was great... i cant find them under $780
I bought them direct from my dealer and he gave them to me for a little over cost. They were new then and I was sort of a guinea pig for them. heres a link to another forum i did a write up on. May have a detail or two xtra.http://www.**********.org/showthread.php?t=18429
And if i remember correctly the trim was all push in type!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #18
Alaska-HWY JK

Wheres the rest of the link to that writeup. I have these ordered for my wifes GC and don't like the Mopar instructions.
Thanks
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
Wheres the rest of the link to that writeup. I have these ordered for my wifes GC and don't like the Mopar instructions.
Thanks
For some reason it comes up like that when I post it. Should say ********** , but the asterics keep coming up. Hope no rules are broken here!
Unread 03-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
Alaska-HWY JK

Not a hostile competitor is it? (ha ha ) Maybe you can PM me if it isn't breaking rules, I'm interested in seeing your writeup.
Thanks
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
JMP8562

try this
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...e-ups-1325215/
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #22
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP8562 View Post
I actually had a little more detailed thread on an apparently competitors sight. Ill try to dig up the pics that I missed on this forums thread and post them here!!
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #23
Alaska-HWY JK

Thanks again, cutting the stock sill molding is whats bothering me. I guess when all the pieces are in front of me It'll make more sense. I have some 3M grip tape left over that I used on my Teraflex rocksliders on the JK, are those tubes big enough for grip tape?
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #24
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes, there big enough. I probably should have put soe on for the wife! And yes it all comes together when its in front of you !
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #25
JMP8562

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...stall-1164159/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.