Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WK2 Picture Thread

2M views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  Wolvee 
#1 ·
Post some pictures of your new ride. The more original the better. (Driveway shots get a little old after 12 pages of images.)

If you're new to the site, the images might not post for you, but don't worry, someone will come along shortly to quote the post and that allows the image to show up. (You're not doing it wrong, you just need a certain number of posts, 25 I believe, to get photo privileges)

Driving impressions, regrets, accolades and reasons for the decision are also welcome.

Welcome to the fray.

#2,110 ·
Dang, Tripoli, so jealous. I just ordered the matte black 20" Mozambiques for my white Summit. They seem to be back-ordered in my area at the moment, so I'm looking at mid-January. :/

Also ordered the Nitto TG G2's in 275/55. Can't wait. Thinking about a matching vinyl wrap for my roof too.

#2,126 ·
Traded my 3rd Wrangler in a few months ago for a JCG. After slowly moving from rock crawling, to overlanding over the past few years, I spent more and more time on the road, or at least old trails. The wrangler just wasn't cutting it anymore. I had to get something more comfortable, but capable. Being able to do 75 while talking in normal tones, while still hearing the music is also a plus.

#2,127 ·
Krawlersaur said:
Traded my 3rd Wrangler in a few months ago for a JCG. After slowly moving from rock crawling, to overlanding over the past few years, I spent more and more time on the road, or at least old trails. The wrangler just wasn't cutting it anymore. I had to get something more comfortable, but capable. Being able to do 75 while talking in normal tones, while still hearing the music is also a plus.
I'm leaning toward the more comfortable, capable ride. I'm only interested in the Altitude and not sure the 4WD system is very capable.

#2,128 ·
If you are thinking new, the Altitude special edition did not get renewed for 2016. They still are offering the Overland based High Altitude, however

#2,138 ·
So... This is probably a stupid question, are there any advantages for "lifting" your rides whether it is 4x4 or not? (I.e. Is it for aesthetics? Or more water fording? Or more height to clear rocky paths? Etc.) I like how the lift and new tires add toughness but since I don't rock 4x4, not sure if I should bother.