Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WK2 Picture Thread

2M views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  Wolvee 
#1 ·
Post some pictures of your new ride. The more original the better. (Driveway shots get a little old after 12 pages of images.)

If you're new to the site, the images might not post for you, but don't worry, someone will come along shortly to quote the post and that allows the image to show up. (You're not doing it wrong, you just need a certain number of posts, 25 I believe, to get photo privileges)

Driving impressions, regrets, accolades and reasons for the decision are also welcome.

Welcome to the fray.

#2,078 ·
Just got a great deal on this 2015 Summit California Hemi V-8 4x4. Only had it a few days, but here a few pics from a family trip up to Brian Head, UT. What an amazing vehicle. Coming from 10+ years of BMW sedans, this is a big change in genre for me. I am impressed with the level of refinement of this vehicle. To combine world class off-road capabilities with top-notch luxury and comfort on the road is remarkable. I'm not a heavy off-road guy by any measure, but I just love knowing the capability is there.

#2,081 ·
My 2015 Altitude

I refuse to let others work on my vehicles unless it's something I cannot do.
The entire stereo, wiring, install, tuning and sound proofing was all done by me. I have about 35 hours into it. Nothing crazy special but audio isn't my cup of tea so I'm pretty proud. Other things so far are 50 w 55k HID's, tints, match painted mud flaps, and the full K&N intake. I want to add a roof carrier and a few other things but the race cars take financial priority. The last pic is with the floor off and before final wiring. The whole vehicle front to back has been sound deadened, all factory radio controls on the 8 inch and steering wheel controls are functional.

Attachments

#2,082 ·
Trying to decide if I want to sell my built '15 Rubicon for a '15 Altitude. On a daily basis the Altitude will be way better, but parting with something that I have spent so much money and time on just to get a nicer ride is tough. My Rubicon almost can't be beat in ability, but sometime especially in the wind I hate it. I'm just afraid I will regret selling the Rubicon. I'm also afraid the GC is way too nice and even though my Rubicon has leather and is the nicest Wrangler I have ever driven its pretty nice knowing I don't have to care about it being dirty or getting dings or dog fur.

Attachments

#2,096 ·
I just recently sold my 15 Rubicon for a wk2 with the 5.7. It was my third wrangler, 4th jeep, that I built to play on the rocks. Rock krawler x-factor, trusses, sleeved, gussets, skids, 35 mtrs, bumpers...

However, I had to stop lying to myself. I no longer play in the rocks like I used to. Over the last few years, I've moved to an expidition style life. And I think we're on the same page about the JK. Yes the wrangler had come a long way, but it definitely isn't something I like sitting in for hours at a time.

The wk2 with the OME lift, and 32s allows me to get to the sceneic places. And still have enough space for the wife and 2 dogs, with camping gear. The seats are comfy and heated. Plus it doesn't bounce like crazy, and I can hear the radio on low volume, even when doing 75(easily obtained by that Hemi I might add). I love wranglers, I really do. Someday, I'll get an old beater for a toy. But realistically, I don't use one enough to warrant that high of a car note.

#2,085 ·
We find "Mazie" rides best if we fold one or both rea seats down and put in her dog-bed.

Attachments

#2,086 ·
My dog is old and kinda needs the support of the back of the seat. I'm going to test drive a GC on Saturday, but I'm not sure I can sell this Rubicon just for a better ride when I only drive 3-5 miles a day for work and errands. Only time I hate my Rubicon is when it's windy.

Of course the GC would drive, ride and handle better, but it wouldn't be anywhere the overall capability. It's worth a test drive though. I just have a feeling the GC is too nice and I will miss the I don't give a F what my Jeep looks like.

#2,087 ·
I miss the days of just using a hose to spray off and flush the interior of my CJ7. I commuted 100 miles a day for years in any weather condition... Soft top winters (bundled up), bikini top and half door summer (half doors kept the road splash out, the bikini top kept the seats cooler as there is nothing like bare skin on a black vinyl seat that been sitting in the sun for hours), big noisy tires. Ear protection sometimes :) I dunno how I did it, my youth I guess. Carpoolers never lasted more than a week, however. :).

#2,088 ·
ColdCase said:
I miss the days of just using a hose to spray off and flush the interior of my CJ7. I commuted 100 miles a day for years in any weather condition... Soft top winters (bundled up), bikini top and half door summer (half doors kept the road splash out, the bikini top kept the seats cooler as there is nothing like bare skin on a black vinyl seat that been sitting in the sun for hours), big noisy tires. Ear protection sometimes :) I dunno how I did it, my youth I guess. Carpoolers never lasted more than a week, however. :).
I think if I drove more I would be in a GC. I really like the look of the Altitude, but I'm thinking I don't drive enough and my dog sheds too much for me to drive a GC. Love the look of the Altitude though.

#2,090 ·
WK2 4x4s are full time, there is no shifter. Ones with QTII transfer cases have a knob to turn for traction modes, and a button to push for 4low which also locks the transfer case.

#2,093 ·
The Laredo Altitude has QTI I believe which is an excellent full time 4wd system for the street and mild off road where you don't need a low range. If you never needed low range on the Wrangler, the Altitude system is probably better from a set and forget POV. It makes full use of brake traction control.

#2,094 ·
ColdCase said:
The Laredo Altitude has QTI I believe which is an excellent full time 4wd system for the street and mild off road where you don't need a low range. If you never needed low range on the Wrangler, the Altitude system is probably better from a set and forget POV. It makes full use of brake traction control.
I'm glad I researched and asked. I would not have been happy if I bought the Altitude. I need to decide if I want to give up the capability of the Rubicon for the looks and comfort of an Altitude. And I don't want to get into the upper 40's for a GC.

#2,097 ·
Having the top down is what I love most about the Wrangler. That would be really hard to give up. Ride quality is the only complaint I have about my Rubicon and it rides better than any Wrangler I have ever driven. I don't drive enough I don't think to warrant starting over with a bigger car payment. An Altitude would suit my needs fine, but with only the occasional trip to see my parents 50 miles away I don't know if I can justify starting over. With all the fur my dog sheds, I'm thinking the GC is way too nice for me. Decisions, decisions.

#2,098 ·
That's what I miss most, the top. However, in the end, the GC suited the expedition style more than the jk. Lots of road and trails to be seen. As far as dog hair, I just bought a carpet from Wal-Mart that looks similar to the floor back there, and laid it down. It pretty much stays there except for cleaning. Also have what is supposed to be a pet divider, but I have it clipled over the rear of the back seat to prevent hair from getting on the back of the back seat.

#2,111 ·
With stock tires!? Who pulled you out?? ��
No one. It was my first time driving in snow, so maybe I was just a bit naive. I didn't think 8" was that deep and I'd go off the trail and drive through the trees. I was more worried about getting a flat on something I couldn't see. I didn't feel once like I was going to get stuck.

Chalk it up to dumb luck i guess... ;)

Just got 18" Black Rhino Mozambique with stock size Duratracs.
As much as I love the KO2's, those Duratracs look sweet. I'm also torn between the Mozambique's and RockStar II's

#2,106 ·
The ride quality with the 20's is great in my book. I live in Chicago and the roads are ****, so they definitely pass the test. I also think they handle turns pretty well for big lumbering SUV. I also find that the standard springs on the limited soak up the bumps with ease and the ride is rarely bouncy. Feels like I can drive over anything in my area!

And I have the standard headlights; they get the job done just fine, even better when I keep the fogs illuminated. HID's are really cool and definitely brighter, but I'm not regretting mine at all.

Attachments

#2,105 ·
If you're looking for a back seat cover to suit your dog...

My pooch passed away back in 2014, but when he was alive and we took to the road, I used a back seat cover like this one, in case you haven't seen them before:

http://www.amazon.com/BarksBar-Anch...-NonSlip/dp/B013VPZTAQ/ref=zg_bs_3024184011_4

It worked really well and the hammock style helped stabilize him whenever he fell forward, especially when he got older and the arthritis was bad. He was a 100lb+ newfie mix, so most of the abundant hair and slobber was well contained. This cover is universal fit, so it should do well in the WK2 if you end up getting one. Good luck!!