WK2 Picture Thread - Page 124 - JeepForum.com
 386Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1846 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 12:49 AM
APKurt
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: La Quinta
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezive View Post
Those pics are from this past weekend, I figured with the heat and the drought there wouldn't be much water. Nope. Lol The Grand did fine though just make sure you don't go solo. We only saw one other group out there although I'm sure it's a bit busier when it's cool. You might want to try the 17s first. I know the rubicon ones juuust fit so those might too.

Sounds like Bradshaw could be a nice mellow run.
I did a little research and I'm afraid you're probably right about the 17's not fitting. I already spoke to the guys at America's Tire and they are cool with taking mine back and giving me credit toward another set of tires. I'm trying to decide what to do now... I really like the look of the 20's for road driving and having a separate set for off road means I can have fuel efficient tires when I want them and something more aggressive for off-road. Or I could just keep the 20's and upgrade to a more aggressive tire and sell the 17's. Decisions...

APKurt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1847 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 01:54 AM
imprezive
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Irvine
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by APKurt View Post
I did a little research and I'm afraid you're probably right about the 17's not fitting. I already spoke to the guys at America's Tire and they are cool with taking mine back and giving me credit toward another set of tires. I'm trying to decide what to do now... I really like the look of the 20's for road driving and having a separate set for off road means I can have fuel efficient tires when I want them and something more aggressive for off-road. Or I could just keep the 20's and upgrade to a more aggressive tire and sell the 17's. Decisions...
I'm in the exact same boat except I have a spare on so I need to decide fast. I think I'm going with 265/50R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. It's tempting to do the 275/55R20s instead but I think I'd rather save some fuel economy and like the lower profile look. We'll see how many more sidewalls I destroy before I change my mind.
imprezive is offline  
post #1848 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 10:10 AM
APKurt
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: La Quinta
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezive View Post
I'm in the exact same boat except I have a spare on so I need to decide fast. I think I'm going with 265/50R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. It's tempting to do the 275/55R20s instead but I think I'd rather save some fuel economy and like the lower profile look. We'll see how many more sidewalls I destroy before I change my mind.
Good luck!
APKurt is offline  
 
post #1849 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 10:28 AM
APKurt
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: La Quinta
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezive View Post
I'm in the exact same boat except I have a spare on so I need to decide fast. I think I'm going with 265/50R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. It's tempting to do the 275/55R20s instead but I think I'd rather save some fuel economy and like the lower profile look. We'll see how many more sidewalls I destroy before I change my mind.
I found some black 2014 OEM 18's on Ebay last night and pulled the trigger. I am going to sell both the 20's with tires and the 17's and just have the one set of 18's. Probably come out about even from a money standpoint in the end. Plus I think the black wheels will look good with my white Jeep:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuu View Post
My Jeep.

I decided that 18's are just more versatile overall... Best of luck with your decision! Cheers!
APKurt is offline  
post #1850 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 12:00 PM
imprezive
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Irvine
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by APKurt View Post
I found some black 2014 OEM 18's on Ebay last night and pulled the trigger. I am going to sell both the 20's with tires and the 17's and just have the one set of 18's. Probably come out about even from a money standpoint in the end. Plus I think the black wheels will look good with my white Jeep:

I decided that 18's are just more versatile overall... Best of luck with your decision! Cheers!
I had already made arrangements to buy some 18s on Craigslist and ended up backing out so I feel you on that. I just like the 20s too much. We'll see how much I regret that decision. Be sure to post pics from future adventures!

Since this is a picture thread...




imprezive is offline  
post #1851 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 02:07 PM
LibGrandCher
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 630
forumrunner_20150703_150500.jpg



forumrunner_20150703_150511.jpg



forumrunner_20150703_150524.jpg

This is not mine.

Saw it in a repair shop.
Looks like it got rare ended.

Thought I'd share.
LibGrandCher is offline  
post #1852 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 06:22 PM
onlyjeepv8
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: cambridge
Posts: 50
2012 overland v6
Attached Images
   

Fix before you need a tow
onlyjeepv8 is offline  
post #1853 of 2690 Old 07-03-2015, 08:04 PM
APKurt
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: La Quinta
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyjeepv8 View Post
2012 overland v6
Love that saddle/black interior! I have the same in my Overland!
APKurt is offline  
post #1854 of 2690 Old 07-04-2015, 08:22 AM
Lightninrod
Registered User
2013 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: warner robins
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJeepGCL View Post
Washed the Jeep. Thinking of tinting the front windows. Maybe 20% ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by APKurt View Post
Love that saddle/black interior! I have the same in my Overland!
Me too in my 2013. The only thing I see different is I have 2wd so no suspension change knob in mine.

Dan
Lightninrod is offline  
post #1855 of 2690 Old 07-04-2015, 09:21 AM
SilverJeepGCL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyjeepv8 View Post
2012 overland v6
"The Most Awarded SUV Ever"
SilverJeepGCL is offline  
post #1856 of 2690 Old 07-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Crookster777
Registered User
2016  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Manhattan
Posts: 541

HEMI CLUB #1
2016 Hellcat Charger
SOLD: 2015 WK2 SRT
SOLD: 2010 WK1 SRT
Crookster777 is offline  
post #1857 of 2690 Old 07-06-2015, 07:28 AM
dcorn
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,291
That's quite the city vehicle, hope the bumpers survive!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
dcorn is offline  
post #1858 of 2690 Old 07-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Crookster777
Registered User
2016  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Manhattan
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
That's quite the city vehicle, hope the bumpers survive!
I have indoor parking in Manhattan.

HEMI CLUB #1
2016 Hellcat Charger
SOLD: 2015 WK2 SRT
SOLD: 2010 WK1 SRT
Crookster777 is offline  
post #1859 of 2690 Old 07-06-2015, 08:40 PM
BigNunz6
Registered User
2015 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
That's quite the city vehicle, hope the bumpers survive!
I was just thinking the same thing, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookster777 View Post
I have indoor parking in Manhattan.
got to hook up at a C&C meet one Sunday. I usually go to one right in NJ. Less than an hour drive from BKLYN.

If you like it, buy it!!!!
BigNunz6 is offline  
post #1860 of 2690 Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Ben
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Malvern PA
Posts: 3,219


Drug my toy down to the beach last week.



Took the GC out in the sand anyway, but had my SERV 4WD insurance not far away.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ben is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome