WK2 MY2012 How to identify if it has Quadra-Drive II and electronic LSD? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 MY2012 How to identify if it has Quadra-Drive II and electronic LSD?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Aussiejeep641
2012 WK 

Wk WK2 MY2012 How to identify if it has Quadra-Drive II and electronic LSD?

I m new to Jeep. Previously I have had two early Range Rovers.
I ordered a new Grand Cherokee Laredo in July 2011 and it has finally arrived at my Authorised Chrysler dealer for delivery after 5 months wait. It is a CRD 3.0 liter turbo diesel (not yet available in USA, if I undersand correctly). It has the updated 5/6 speed transmission fitted to MY2012.
I ordered Quadra-Lift air suspension and the "Off Road Adventure II " pack comprising fuel tank, transfer case, underbelly and front suspension skid plates; Quadra-Drive II 4WD system, rear electronic LSD, 3.45 axle ratio, 265/60 R18 tyres on 18x8 inch wheels.
MY PROBLEM:
I have refused to accept delivery because the skid pans had not been fitted, to the apparent surprise of the salesman and service manager ( or were they surprised that I bothered to look before I drove off?) I then also asked them to verify that the the Quadra-Drive II and electronic LSD had been fitted. This they could not do, saying that there was nothing on the car to indicate the particular build components - yes, this is a Chrysler Jeep dealership! I recovered my check, they still have the car and I am awaiting further response from them.

MY QUESTION:
How do I identify the transmission and differential fitted to the car?
If they offer a retro-fit does this portend future problems with the transmission including traction control etc?
At this stage I don't trust their competence to handle the issue.
Please advise.

Aussiejeep641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

EVIC (display by the spedometer) will say Quadra Drive II.

I HIGHLY doubt a dealer could retrofit to add QDII/ELSD to one that doesn't have it. If that's the case, look elsewhere, or re-order to get it.
jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Trailguide
2012 WK 

Ask the dealership for the build sheet, if you get those down under. This may lead to the mystery of why no skid plates installed. They should have been installed by the factory as you know. At least ask to see the paperwork for your order. Or call Jeep with your VIN and ask what you should have. Good Luck.
Trailguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Nonaspirin
2012 WK 

My build-sheet says quadra trak II but my evic says quadra drive II. I will take a picture of my rear diff and post it for you

I do think I have quadra drive II because I bought an overland with off road 2.
Nonaspirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
ColdCase

2011 WK 

The ELSD will have what looks like an electric motor hanging off the driver's side of the rear diff. The EVIC should indicated quadra drive when started up.

Build sheet will say quadra trak II regardless as that transfer case is used in quadra drive Jeeps. You should find the ELSD listed somewhere on the build sheet. The window sticker should have quadra drive as an option.

To retrofit ELSD they would have to replace the entire rear end and add a control module, some wiring. They could add the skid plates easy enough. Are you also suppose to get front tow hooks?
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
Aussiejeep641
2012 WK 

Thanks to all. Most helpful.
Dealer has offered deposit money back or new order and some compensation which I accepted (May 2012 delivery). Problem caused by dealer mistake when placing order (off road pack omitted). Car did not have front recovery hooks and these are not offered on MY 2012 in Australia, according to dealer. I have asked dealer to retrofit these as part-compensation for inconvenience, which he is looking at.
Aussiejeep641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #7
peckmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
The ELSD will have what looks like an electric motor hanging off the driver's side of the rear diff. The EVIC should indicated quadra drive when started up.

Build sheet will say quadra trak II regardless as that transfer case is used in quadra drive Jeeps. You should find the ELSD listed somewhere on the build sheet. The window sticker should have quadra drive as an option.

To retrofit ELSD they would have to replace the entire rear end and add a control module, some wiring. They could add the skid plates easy enough. Are you also suppose to get front tow hooks?
Coldcase, i went through a similar issue with my JGC. Nowhere on the window sticker did it say Quadra-drive II. The only place it was noted was on the EVIC at startup and the build sheet. I was ready to refuse it until I saw the option on the build sheet. The dealer was surprised that it wasn't on the window sticker and couldn't understand why Jeep didn't note it better.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.