WK2 Lift Options - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > WK2 Lift Options

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
Gamez904
2014 WK 

There's another company that's making coils for the front and rear for wk2 and it's slightly cheaper at 1100 for a 2.5- 2-75" lift. The kit also comes with front and rear strut top plates to prevent. I can't speak on the quality of them though. I just recently found them about a week ago but I already purchased the RRO lift with UCA so to late for that.

http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/...pension-system

Gamez904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
SilverbackWK

2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamez904 View Post
There's another company that's making coils for the front and rear for wk2 and it's slightly cheaper at 1100 for a 2.5- 2-75" lift. The kit also comes with front and rear strut top plates to prevent. I can't speak on the quality of them though. I just recently found them about a week ago but I already purchased the RRO lift with UCA so to late for that.

http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/...pension-system
I thing to note on their product is it states "no bar/no winch". Dobinson offers a setup for the extra weight up front, if you have a bar and/or winch.

I have the RRO spacer, combo bar and winch, and I wonder how much lift I lost with that extra weight up front. Also wonder what my actual ride height would be replacing the RRO spacer for the Dobinson Coils and shocks. Also wondering what the ride difference would be. $1500+ is an expensive test. I cannot afford to lose any lift.

2013 Grand Cherokee Altitude, 3.6L, 275/65/18 BF Goodrich TA KO, MTB KO 18", RRO 2.5" Lift, BWoody Extended Sway Bar Links, RRO Winch Mount with Combo Bar (modified), Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, RRO Sliders, Mopar Hitch and Tow Hooks, Rigid Industries Lights, GoPro Hero3 Black edition, Cobra 75WXST, 4' Firestik II
SilverbackWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
Gamez904
2014 WK 

If you decide to go the dobinson route let me know how it goes. I have the bumper combo and winch ordered for mine. I asked several members and they've stated no noticeable loss from the extra weight but we'll see. The fiancée is picking up my jeep tomorrow so I'll have her take measurements for me from before lift, after, and post bumper and winch.

I'd do it all but still stuck on deployment. I knew there was a reason why they gave us pizza
Gamez904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #19
Jason911
2008 WK 

Dobinson has a import office in Florida. I contacted them about a set of springs only for a WK diesel. I actually have a set of rear springs from Dobinson sitting here in my basement. They're brand new, for a WK2 without trailer tow - found them on eBay.

http://www.dobinsonusa.com/contact-us.php
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #20
marcsalvisberg

Hey guys just wanted to point out that i personally got the RRO lift kit for 2.5" and am completely satisfied with the product. Of course id like to be able to go up one more inch but for that i suppose we all have to wait. Also have a friend who went with the dobinson suspension but the 1.5" inch lift is simply not enough and way to costly. check out the pics for my WK2 with the RRO kit and other mods.
2013-09-11-17.18.16.jpg   2013-08-23-15.59.56.jpg  
marcsalvisberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #21
overland_HO
2013 WK 

WK2 is still new to the market, its goona take some time for the aftermarket world to open up. I am sure with in the next few years, we will see all sorts of options, better springs, etc..IRS/IFS is becoming more and more, so its just a matter of time. Doesn't matter for me, though, not like I can lift mine...1500 is steep for sure!
Unread 01-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #22
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsalvisberg View Post
Hey guys just wanted to point out that i personally got the RRO lift kit for 2.5" and am completely satisfied with the product. Of course id like to be able to go up one more inch but for that i suppose we all have to wait. Also have a friend who went with the dobinson suspension but the 1.5" inch lift is simply not enough and way to costly. check out the pics for my WK2 with the RRO kit and other mods.
Looks real good man, like the black paint with the gray rims, curious though, what trim is your Jeep, the grill, red tow hooks and wheels are throwin' me off?.. Are those blinker in your mirrors? Was that an option from Jeep?
Unread 01-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #23
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland_HO View Post
WK2 is still new to the market, its goona take some time for the aftermarket world to open up. I am sure with in the next few years, we will see all sorts of options, better springs, etc..IRS/IFS is becoming more and more, so its just a matter of time. Doesn't matter for me, though, not like I can lift mine...1500 is steep for sure!
The WK2 has been been out like four years. There was an custom outfit a couple years ago using a test mule in an attempt to develop lifts and other suspension goodies, but found that the chassis limitations are just too expensive to overcome. The 2.5 RRO is about it unless you also rework the half shafts. I suppose with enough $$$ you could put a WK2 body on a Wrangler chassis ...
Unread 01-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #24
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I think we have seen about the extent of WK2 upgrades, mods and toys. I saw an article, maybe a thread here, about Dynatrac prototyping a IFS/IRS if/when the Wrangler goes IFS/IRS. So they may do something with the WK2 but it still won't be that much of a difference I estimate and if so...it will be pricey.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #25
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
The WK2 has been been out like four years. There was an custom outfit a couple years ago using a test mule in an attempt to develop lifts and other suspension goodies, but found that the chassis limitations are just too expensive to overcome. The 2.5 RRO is about it unless you also rework the half shafts. I suppose with enough $$$ you could put a WK2 body on a Wrangler chassis ...
Ok, well, sorry for my speculation, I am glad that I have QL then! Push a button and lifted!
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #26
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland_HO View Post
Ok, well, sorry for my speculation, I am glad that I have QL then! Push a button and lifted!
Exactly!
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #27
SilverbackWK

2013 WK 

I spoke to an off road company a few months back that said they could drop Rubicon axles in. $12k they estimated. A little too pricey for me.

2013 Grand Cherokee Altitude, 3.6L, 275/65/18 BF Goodrich TA KO, MTB KO 18", RRO 2.5" Lift, BWoody Extended Sway Bar Links, RRO Winch Mount with Combo Bar (modified), Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, RRO Sliders, Mopar Hitch and Tow Hooks, Rigid Industries Lights, GoPro Hero3 Black edition, Cobra 75WXST, 4' Firestik II
Unread 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #28
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackWK View Post
I spoke to an off road company a few months back that said they could drop Rubicon axles in. $12k they estimated. A little too pricey for me.

As tempting as that is...No thanks!

Unread 01-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #29
SilverbackWK

2013 WK 

I agree... yet cheaper than buying a new Rubicon!!!

Unread 01-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #30
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I would LOVE for the WK2 to have solid axles. I think if I were to drop 12K+ on axles for the WK2 I would rather just trade it in for a JKUR. Who knows really. So many factors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.