Wiper Fluid Fill.....Oops - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wiper Fluid Fill.....Oops

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #31
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post

It is a stupid design. Other folks made the same mistake on other forums.

I colored my coolant cap red with a red sharpie. And coolant blue.

If the OP ran it for a day, I would get entire system flushed ASAP
Haven't beaten a dead horse in a long time...

The fact that other people made a mistake (be it any mistake) doesn't mean that item/thing/system is flawed or stupid. You can think what you want but if the majority of people haven't done it then it is likely a system that works just fine. Don't blame Jeep over yalls inability to pay attention. Good idea for color coding your caps.

Not saying you guys are ( I'm truly not) but stupidity is rampant. Doesn't mean the fluid caps are flawed. Perhaps the other forum is filled with idiots. Who knows.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #32
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Haven't beaten a dead horse in a long time...

The fact that other people made a mistake (be it any mistake) doesn't mean that item/thing/system is flawed or stupid. You can think what you want but if the majority of people haven't done it then it is likely a system that works just fine. Don't blame Jeep over yalls inability to pay attention. Good idea for color coding your caps.

Not saying you guys are ( I'm truly not) but stupidity is rampant. Doesn't mean the fluid caps are flawed. Perhaps the other forum is filled with idiots. Who knows.
George Carlin:

Quote:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #33
jacko15
2014 WK 

duh!
stupid.jpg

jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #34
FireRunt
2014 WK 

Thanks for the comments. Didnt realize it would start a war of words so to speak. Yes, I have the manual, and Yes, I got it when I got the car. No....I didnt read it. Why? Because im a man. I dont read instructions. I figure stuff out for myself. I am a computer guru by trade....you should know that if you have seen my history during my short time as a Jeep owner. When I had my Ford, I used to beta test their MyFordTouch sync system.....I only wish UConnect would let me do the same thing. I usually find problems before anyone else does because I guess I'm just a geek like that. Im not a machanic by any means. Im luck if I can identify 5% of what is actually under my hood. Yes, I made a stupid mistake, and I admitted to it right away. I actually used a turkey baster and took everything out of the coolant overflow the next day once I realized what I did. I have since removed the coolant cap, and spray painted it orange so this wont happen to me again.

Thanks for the support from the few of you and thanks for the harsh comments from the others. Doesnt bother me either way. I moderate numerous forums and I have seen quite a few bashings in my time. This was nothing.....
FireRunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #35
Kev M
2012 WK 

This was gentle, good natured ribbing.

I suspect most of it was backlash to the attempt to deflect some responsibility to Jeep for the cap colors.

For the record I probably shoulda explained the George Carlin quote. It wasn't directed at you, but at the Jeep design and reports of other people doing it too. The point being that if it was truly the design wouldn't more than half the owners have done it.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #36
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Love when people do this type of things,makes me $$$.The best ones are when someone puts ATF in the brake master cylinder,that's a expensive repair(last 1 was almost $5000,Audi ABS pumps are big $$$).
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #37
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRunt View Post
Yes, I have the manual, and Yes, I got it when I got the car. No....I didnt read it. Why? Because im a man. I dont read instructions. I figure stuff out for myself. Im not a machanic by any means. Im luck if I can identify 5% of what is actually under my hood. Yes, I made a stupid mistake, and I admitted to it right away.

FWIW, these statements aren't helping your case in blaming Chrysler for a poor design. Not to mention you saying in your original post you did this in the dark.
Yeah, you made a stupid mistake & admitted it right away. Certainly no one has a problem with that. But laying the blame on Chrysler for a poor design, especially given what you said above (& doing this in the dark) isn't gonna garner you much support. Not bashing you.....just sayin'.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.