Wiper Blade Recommendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wiper Blade Recommendations

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

Wiper Blade Recommendations

I ventured out and gave the Valeo Ultimate bracketless blades a try and for whatever reason the driver side blade does not make good contact with the windshield so it leaves a large streak.

Other than the Mopar ones that are okay, does anyone have any good recommended ones?

Unread 01-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Yeah the bracketless blades have difficulty conforming to the contours of the WK2 windshield, especially when cold. On a flatter windshield they seem to work fine.

Wiper threads are like oil threads, plenty of different opinions and urban legends.

For the most part, an inexpensive fresh wiper that you change often will do a better job for less money over the long haul. Mopar wipers are typically pretty good, but for some reason expensive in the WK2 size.

Let the fun begin...
Unread 01-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
unimatrixzer0

Other than the dealership any recommendations on where to pickup the OEM wiper blades? Probably over priced at the dealer. Or what's an inexpensive alternative at least up to par with the OEM's?

Last time I tried bracketless was when I had my 2002 JGC. Not a good experience. Lots of steaking. I think for the 2012 I'll stick to something that uses brackets.

Although depending on what thread you look at there are Grand Cherokee owners who seem to recommend the Bosch Icons.

I really wish there was a more unanimous verdict on wiper blades =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Yeah the bracketless blades have difficulty conforming to the contours of the WK2 windshield, especially when cold. On a flatter windshield they seem to work fine.

Wiper threads are like oil threads, plenty of different opinions and urban legends.

For the most part, an inexpensive fresh wiper that you change often will do a better job for less money over the long haul. Mopar wipers are typically pretty good, but for some reason expensive in the WK2 size.

Let the fun begin...
unimatrixzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
rsteps

I've had great success with the Bosch icons on my 2002 and now 2012 overland. Cost more but they last a long time. They are also great for winter driving.
rsteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

I think I might try the Valeo 600 series (bracket version). I really liked them on my IS300 and they are cheap so I'll only be out $18 or whatever if they don't mesh with the windshield geometry. If after that I'm still getting poor performance from them, I'll go with the Bosch Icons.
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteps View Post
I've had great success with the Bosch icons on my 2002 and now 2012 overland. Cost more but they last a long time. They are also great for winter driving.
+1

I bought 1 set for my '99 WJ. Never bought another set for 100k miles. They always streaked before the 1yr warranty was up. FREE warranty replacement!

Sent from my S-III using JeepForum

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
F16driver
2013 WK 

I've always used the Rain-X Latitudes on my previous vehicles (mostly Ford F-150) and have been pleased with their performance. I will probably go with either those or the Bosch when my factory wiper blades need replacing.
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
DirtyDuc83

Using rain x latitudes as well. They have been working great with the immense amounts of rain up here. I was hesitant to buy these but do not regret it.
DirtyDuc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
Justal13
2012 WK 

I always ask (and usually get) a discount from my dealer when I buy or order parts. All I have to do is ask. I just picked up a pair of new OEM blades last week at my dealer for under $45. I will save them to install this spring after the winter. I picked up a set of OEM's for my wife's GM the same day, for about the same price. Front blades last about 2 winter seasons around here.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
DirtyDuc83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justal13 View Post
I always ask (and usually get) a discount from my dealer when I buy or order parts. All I have to do is ask. I just picked up a pair of new OEM blades last week at my dealer for under $45. I will save them to install this spring after the winter. I picked up a set of OEM's for my wife's GM the same day, for about the same price. Front blades last about 2 winter seasons around here.

You spent $45 on a set of oem wiper blades???
DirtyDuc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 View Post
You spent $45 on a set of oem wiper blades???
That is high for OEM. I spent $42 but on Bosch Icons. Best $42 spent.

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Target has the Rain X Latitudes on sale for $15 each if anyone is interested. I believe the sale runs till the end of March.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
Justal13
2012 WK 

My last set of Bosch Icons did not last even a year. Yes, under $45 including that little thing called sales tax. The Mopar OEM blades are the best quality you can get - better than any aftermarket set IMHO. Same with the GM blades for my wifes car. You show me a better price for OEM. Plus it helps keep my dealer in business, and they treat me well - even know me by name at the parts counter and service department.

I buy Mopar oil filters, air and cabin filters too. You get what you pay for, Mopar and GM quality costs a little more - but are better constructed and last longer in my experience.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
badrich94
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83
Using rain x latitudes as well. They have been working great with the immense amounts of rain up here. I was hesitant to buy these but do not regret it.
I have to agree with the above. I didn't want to buy them because I thought they may be cheap. To my surprised they worked very well. Don't get the good year ones you see at Costco. They were just horrible from the beginning.
badrich94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
BigM-740
2011 WK 

I am personally not a fan of beam blades so my take will be on the conventional ones:

At one point, my frustration with wiper blades led me to order all 9 sets at once for $167 (yes i became paranoid): Valeo 600s, RainX Weatherbeaters, Goodyears, Bosch DCs, Bosch Excel+, Anco 31s, Silblade CBs, Trico EFCs, and Michelin RainForce. Verdict: bunch of crap, all of them. During a conference break on a rainy day, I had a quick chat on this subject with a colleague who was based in Japan. He talked about NWB's with such amusement. Later, it took me a good while to figure that NWB meant Nippon Wiper Blades and that these are only sold to auto manufacturers. After doing a bit more research, I found out that NWBs in the U.S. are called Denso. (you'll notice "NWB" is embossed on the Denso blades). I can't say that finding a pair for your Jeep is a convenient process, but if you do land on these gems you're gonna have a big smile on your face when you're behind the wheel testing them. Just make sure they break in for a few minutes.
$25 for a pair. Best blades ever made.
BigM-740 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.