Windshield Washer Nozzle Removal & Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Windshield Washer Nozzle Removal & Replacement

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Windshield Washer Nozzle Removal & Replacement

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you all had any problems with your windshield washer nozzles. The underside part of mine (the nipple that connects to the actual tubing) has apparently crumbled. I'm at a loss when trying to pinpoint the cause of the issue since this jeep is garage kept and rarely even sees the sunshine if it isn't winter time. I got in it to drive the jeep to my parents house yesterday and went to wash the windshield...nothing. I stopped to check it, hoping it had just popped off, but tiny pieces of plastic fell into my hand.

Has anyone had any experience with changing them out? A quick search didn't show any responses.

Thanks,
Amanda

2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
bdesmp
2011 WK 

Mine also came apart and I super-glued the top back onto the base. It now has a bit different spray, but acceptable. I was really careful to not get glue on the hood or plug the nozzle.
bdesmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Mine didn't just come apart.. it's in crumbles on the lower side of the unit.

On the bright side, it was only $ 15 from the dealer and will be here today. I don't have time to fix it today, but I'm going to check on dealer install time/quote because it looks like it's going to be a pain to get to/swap.
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
gdash722
2013 WK 

This happened on my 07 Patriot. I just went to one of the auto stores and got a generic replacement. I think it cost me around $8. Since one was already crumbling, I just broke the other plastic base to remove it as well. The aftermarket ones go in rather easily, worked well, and looked stock.
gdash722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Ernestd
2011 WK 

Passenger side crumbled this past April,dealer replaced it under warranty.
Ernestd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

haha I have about 75K on it - had it since Aug 2010 so warranty is long gone. Seems like it just pushes in/out with some force by the way the nozzle is made.

Helpful hint to everyone that has to do this: if the bottom portion of the nozzle is the trouble zone, it may have broken off into the hose. Use pliers to squeeze/crumble the plastic that was left in the hose before trying to insert the new nozzle.
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

So, I finally got around to doing this last night.

Just a friendly word of advice.. It appears that the heat from the 5.7L has done a number on those little nozzles. The drivers side nozzle just crumbled on the bottom side of the hood - the top portion appeared ok. It crumbled even more when I tried to snap it out of the nozzle location. The dealership recommended using pliers to crumble the leftover pieces in the tubing, but a simple squeezing of the fingers is enough to crumble it.

The replacement went in easy and works perfectly fine, but now I'm concerned with the amount of heat under the hood. It has to be roasting the hoses and fittings in there. I'll probably buy another nozzle and replace the passenger's side soon - it's likely to be in the same situation.
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
dcbullets

This happened to my left nozzle. My jeep is a 2013 hemi and less than a year old. They replaced it and said sometimes debris gets in there, which doesn't make sense. I didn't say anything since they replaced it. Then a couple weeks later, I'm driving and I hit the washer fluid and it comes out, I hear a snap and it stops. Same thing has happened. Now I have to go back to the dealership. annoying
dcbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Out of all the complaints I have seen here about GC's, this has to top the list. Firstly, it seems to be a consistent issue across the board, and then to top it off, they seem to just keep cranking out the same old, same old. What ever happened to "continuous improvement" Chrysler? Ludicrous.

It should have a TSB and replacement should be free, and most importantly, with an improved part that can survive the duty requirements.
wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
Uponone

Same here ... just want to post it so it's accounted for ... Drives me nuts when Jeep must know the problem and dosent issue a TSB ...
Uponone is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.