Windshield washer fluid stopped working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Windshield washer fluid stopped working

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
MonteJeep
2012 WK 

Windshield washer fluid stopped working

Hey all...anyone have this problem...

I have a 2012 GC and the windshield washer fluid does not work. I brought it for service and the service manager said it was frozen and they needed to put in new fluid. After picking it up, it worked a bit (but much weaker) and then stopped again. I think its the washer pump/motor. Anyone else have this issue?

Unread 01-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
howardusa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

It's probably frozen again. How cold is it there? Whoevever serviced it probably put in summer fluid. I had this happen to mine this year when I forgot to put in winter fluid. The first time it thawed out I ran it until I got rid of the summer fluid. Put in some Prestone -35F fluid and the problem disappeared.
HT
howardusa is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
2kg4u
2014 WK 

I predict it will begin working this weekend.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
Carange334

Mine stopped working due the the fluid being frozen... After about 20 minutes of driving it defrosed and started working.
Carange334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
zr2s10
2012 WK 

Yeah, almost definitely frozen fluid. I always switch mine to a "de-icer" type asap. Rain-x brand seems to be the most widely available around here. I'm even going to put some in a squirt bottle, to help clean my rear camera without wiping (scratching) the lens.
zr2s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
Bullheadbud
2014 WK 

What I've always done when in below freezing climate is add a pint of isoprophyl alchohol to the the window washer fluid in the tank. Never had a problem with system freezing since. Make sure tank is almost full so when you add the alchohol it brings up to full level.
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #7
spinxt

Check the nozzles under the hood. Mine stopped working or working with very weak pressure. I looked at the nozzles and one of them was cracked at the "t-fitting" and the other one was completely broken. I attribute that to me whacking the hood to try to crack ice off after a recent ice stein recently. Check yours..even a little crack would bleed off the pressure created by the pump.
spinxt is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #8
trooper1968
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinxt View Post
Check the nozzles under the hood. Mine stopped working or working with very weak pressure. I looked at the nozzles and one of them was cracked at the "t-fitting" and the other one was completely broken. I attribute that to me whacking the hood to try to crack ice off after a recent ice stein recently. Check yours..even a little crack would bleed off the pressure created by the pump.
I have the exact same problem, the nozzles on both sides have become brittle and cracked, off the dealership to the new ones.

/cl
trooper1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
MonteJeep
2012 WK 

Thanks all. Turns out the tube connecting the nozzles to the water supply was loose.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.