JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Windshield washer fluid stopped working (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/windshield-washer-fluid-stopped-working-1979290/)

MonteJeep 01-09-2014 08:35 PM

Windshield washer fluid stopped working

Hey all...anyone have this problem...

I have a 2012 GC and the windshield washer fluid does not work. I brought it for service and the service manager said it was frozen and they needed to put in new fluid. After picking it up, it worked a bit (but much weaker) and then stopped again. I think its the washer pump/motor. Anyone else have this issue?

howardusa 01-10-2014 09:02 AM

It's probably frozen again. How cold is it there? Whoevever serviced it probably put in summer fluid. I had this happen to mine this year when I forgot to put in winter fluid. The first time it thawed out I ran it until I got rid of the summer fluid. Put in some Prestone -35F fluid and the problem disappeared.
HT

2kg4u 01-10-2014 09:11 AM

I predict it will begin working this weekend.

Carange334 01-10-2014 10:20 AM

Mine stopped working due the the fluid being frozen... After about 20 minutes of driving it defrosed and started working.

zr2s10 01-10-2014 10:37 AM

Yeah, almost definitely frozen fluid. I always switch mine to a "de-icer" type asap. Rain-x brand seems to be the most widely available around here. I'm even going to put some in a squirt bottle, to help clean my rear camera without wiping (scratching) the lens.

Bullheadbud 01-10-2014 10:38 AM

What I've always done when in below freezing climate is add a pint of isoprophyl alchohol to the the window washer fluid in the tank. Never had a problem with system freezing since. Make sure tank is almost full so when you add the alchohol it brings up to full level.

spinxt 01-11-2014 06:55 AM

Check the nozzles under the hood. Mine stopped working or working with very weak pressure. I looked at the nozzles and one of them was cracked at the "t-fitting" and the other one was completely broken. I attribute that to me whacking the hood to try to crack ice off after a recent ice stein recently. Check yours..even a little crack would bleed off the pressure created by the pump.

trooper1968 01-12-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinxt (Post 19312642)
Check the nozzles under the hood. Mine stopped working or working with very weak pressure. I looked at the nozzles and one of them was cracked at the "t-fitting" and the other one was completely broken. I attribute that to me whacking the hood to try to crack ice off after a recent ice stein recently. Check yours..even a little crack would bleed off the pressure created by the pump.

I have the exact same problem, the nozzles on both sides have become brittle and cracked, off the dealership to the new ones.

/cl

MonteJeep 01-16-2014 06:37 PM

Thanks all. Turns out the tube connecting the nozzles to the water supply was loose.

The time now is 05:35 AM.