Window trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Window trouble

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
bentbolt
2004 WJ 

Window trouble

Rear drivers window is dead. I can hear the switch click but does nothing I'm just glad it stuck up. I switched the switch out with the other rear door and the same results. So I know the switches are fine. I don't have a multi meter to check the motor so I hooked it up to 12v power and the motor does nothing. Is the whole motor assembly replaceable or just the motor.

I'm so glad I got rid of two of our three jeeps now wife's is gonna be gone it's only half paid off and starting to nickel and dime us.

Thanks

bentbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
14summithemi
2014 WK 

I never had the motors go on my '02 LTD just the regulators (sloooww windows) so I never personally dealt with the motors, just EVERYTHING else in that beast

Yes, motors are replaceable by themselves but with core charges and the lower price of the whole cable/regulator/motor assembly you might want to go that route...check these out:

whole thing:

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,c...parttype,15596

just motor:

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,c...,parttype,1516
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.