Who's logged 10K trouble free miles? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Who's logged 10K trouble free miles?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #91
hububub

He needs something GREEN but he tows a boat...! A sail boat I hope. I you are so worried about being "GREEN" sell the damn boat and quit being a hypocrite! The diesel is NOT by anymeans "GREENER" than the hemi... you are almost as bad as the PRIUS kooks who think that buzzing around in their little obama mobiles is actually helping the planet. NET polution factor on a prius is the same as a DODGE RAM 2500 HEMI... The materials in the batteries are caustic, carcinogenic, and it takes so much processing that they are environmentally disasterous.. However, the leftist will never allow that to be published.. Kinda like the global warming A holes.. Facts don't mean anything.. Do as you want to make yourself "FEEL" better... Done with my rant!

hububub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #92
MINNJeepRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
MINN Jeep Rider -
Welcome back to Jeep. Let us know what they find.
Thanks Lee. It is in the shop right now. Hopefully this isn't one of those "failed to replicate" issues where I pick it up and then it happens right away again on the way home....first time servicing at Larry Reid's Bloomington Chrylser Jeep.

The digital climate control had a loose and crooked "Auto" button from the day I picked it up new about a month ago. The part had been on backorder so maybe this is a QC issue that is somewhat widespread. Looks like someone took a smoke break at the factory during assembly, not sure how it made it out of the factory like that!
MINNJeepRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #93
JeepCares

Also wondering why the dealer didn't catch it when they did the prep
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #94
77rednecktruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Also wondering why the dealer didn't catch it when they did the prep

Chrysler/Jeep Dealer Prep - hahahahahaha, that is laughable at best.

I had to tell them to sweep the dirt off the floors and clean the windows since it looked like it just came out of a coal mine.
77rednecktruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #95
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

My dealer did a pretty good job, and also caught a couple thinks the factory forgot to install. Everyone has a bad day, however.
Unread 12-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #96
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Trouble free miles. No problems or issues.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #97
l8tapex
2012 WK 

10,111 . Trouble free.

Run it hard everyday all day.I check vitals every few days. Ran Red Line after break in and switched to Mobile One for quality , convenience and cost.

Only issue , I need to do the calk for center line water drip on back glass.
l8tapex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #98
dlcleav
2011 WK 

54K on 2011 WK2 Limited
dlcleav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #99
ourlee
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hububub View Post
He needs something GREEN but he tows a boat...! A sail boat I hope. I you are so worried about being "GREEN" sell the damn boat and quit being a hypocrite! The diesel is NOT by anymeans "GREENER" than the hemi... you are almost as bad as the PRIUS kooks who think that buzzing around in their little obama mobiles is actually helping the planet. NET polution factor on a prius is the same as a DODGE RAM 2500 HEMI... The materials in the batteries are caustic, carcinogenic, and it takes so much processing that they are environmentally disasterous.. However, the leftist will never allow that to be published.. Kinda like the global warming A holes.. Facts don't mean anything.. Do as you want to make yourself "FEEL" better... Done with my rant!
Not a sail boat, a pontoon boat and a couple of SC waverunners. And yes, I do DD a Prius, it's awesome. Does the diesel use half the amount of fuel the hemi uses, am I missing something? Is that not green?
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #100
smooth9883
2012 JK Wrangler 

My jeep has been on a tow truck twice in under 5,000 miles. Fully loaded summit edition with the Hemy. Very disappointing. Once the 2014 GMC Sierra is released I'm going to get that. I've had very few problems with GMC and all my jeep has been is a vehicle that I'm scared to drive because it might break down and leave the family and myself stranded on the side of the road.
smooth9883 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #101
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Priuses arent Green

Either. To manufacture a Prius creates more pollution than Chevy 3500 with gas engine turns out in 20 years of driving. Sorry diesels arent green. Never have been. used to be the soot they generate and now its the very small particulant(sic) matter that causes cancer. Come on all the greens at the EPA cant be wrong.
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #102
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Hemy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth9883 View Post
My jeep has been on a tow truck twice in under 5,000 miles. Fully loaded summit edition with the Hemy. Very disappointing. Once the 2014 GMC Sierra is released I'm going to get that. I've had very few problems with GMC and all my jeep has been is a vehicle that I'm scared to drive because it might break down and leave the family and myself stranded on the side of the road.
Maybe your problem is you have a "hemy"!!! So what problems have you had that put you on the hook! Twice???
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #103
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Maybe your problem is you have a "hemy"!!! So what problems have you had that put you on the hook! Twice???
He discussed it earlier in another thread. The serpentine belt shredded on him twice, leaving him stranded. Obviously not good.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #104
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth9883 View Post
Four of my five GM vehicles were junk with serious design issues that they just past through to their customers. Timing belts that break at 50K miles, overdrive units that destroy themselves just beyond the 36K warranty, serpentine belts that shred routinely, wheel bering that loosen up at 60K, alternators that wear out at 60K, worn cylinders and oil burning at 60k miles. GM likes to spend cash on marketing and use their customers as guinea pigs. I would never buy a GM product until it has been on sale at least 5 years, unless I intend to trade it annually. Good luck on the GMC, hope it does not turn out poorly for you.

Shredded belts seem to be a rare issue with the WK2, but that can happen with any car. My cheby went through 5 belts, stranding me every time before they figured out that the wrong pulley was put on at the factory (not that I'm bitter).
Unread 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #105
smooth9883
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Four of my five GM vehicles were junk with serious design issues that they just past through to their customers. Timing belts that break at 50K miles, overdrive units that destroy themselves just beyond the 36K warranty, serpentine belts that shred routinely, wheel bering that loosen up at 60K, alternators that wear out at 60K, worn cylinders and oil burning at 60k miles. GM likes to spend cash on marketing and use their customers as guinea pigs. I would never buy a GM product until it has been on sale at least 5 years, unless I intend to trade it annually. Good luck on the GMC, hope it does not turn out poorly for you.

Shredded belts seem to be a rare issue with the WK2, but that can happen with any car. My cheby went through 5 belts, stranding me every time before they figured out that the wrong pulley was put on at the factory (not that I'm bitter).
I hear you about GM, but I've actually had pretty good luck with them. I'm a Corvette guy and I've had very few problems with them. I like my jeep, but I can't depend on it getting me anywhere without fear of breaking down. I'm going up to summit county tomorrow from Denver. We'll see what happens. Don't get me wrong though, I really do like the WK2. There's a reason why this is my second one.
smooth9883 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.