Who's logged 10K trouble free miles? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Who's logged 10K trouble free miles?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing the Quart Crate...

Unread 09-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #76
BassMiesterNJ

Just pasted 10k trouble free.

BassMiesterNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #77
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Lol...made it to 750 miles and its in for overnight service smdh...
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #78
rudeney
2011 WK 

The WK2 is my wife's car, and I think it has about 13K on it now. The only problem we've had is a key quit working, which took them about 15 minutes to fix. Oh, and we need the RHR update to fix the lost presets, but that's all. I don't really count those as "problems", just very minor annoyances.
rudeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #79
eibyer

I'm at 10.9K miles no problems so far... hoping to keep it that way. Need to get the extended warranty before I hit 12K.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #80
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

I have about 11,000 miles on mine and the only issue was very minor...a small leak around the rear brake light assembly gasket that would let it a drop or two of water when it rained, but it is fixed. No major issues at all.
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #81
atinari
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ive logged 22 k miles on my 2012 no problems at all. Had her for a year. Most of the miles are from driving from philly to vermont a few times for skiing. Also several road trips.
atinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #82
BassMiesterNJ

Now approaching 15k trouble free miles on a 2012.
BassMiesterNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #83
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Good thread. I just wish everyone had posted if they had the V-6 or Hemi like some did.
I've driven GCs with both engines & now torn which way to go. I was OK with the Pentastar & planning on going with it, but I kind of like the idea of going with the hemi after driving it. (although I don't tow & don't really need it) I'm thinking if I go with the V-6, I may be sorry after driving it for some time that I didn't get the hemi. I've read those comments from some guys here & also heard that from a service mgr. with some of his customers. As he said, he never heard anyone wishing they'd gone with the V-6 instead of getting the hemi. But it seems to be more troublesome (esp. with the transmission) after reading other threads on this site, which I want to avoid. From what I gather, it seems to be hit or miss if you get a good one. Not so much with the Pentastar.
Of course, then there's the decision of whether to wait till Spring for the 2014s with 8 sp. trans., which I thought I'd likely do. But I've taken a couple home overnight (V6 & then the hemi) & it's just made me want one now. But I keep telling myself it's probably best to wait for the 14s. I think.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #84
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Just ticked over 30,000 miles on an April 1st 2011 build V8 gray/black overland with adaptive cruise and QD. Trouble free, no service visits beside the oil changes and that somewhere along the line the rubber bumpers that hold the rear plate away from the tailgate did not get put on. I notice that, except for around the windows, winter road chemicals have a tendency to stain the chrome trim, especially those used in CT. Oh, the 730 radio is a POS in my opinion, but I have gotten used to it. Out the door price was ~46K at the time which included the lifetime zero deductible extended care. Vehicle listed at ~47K.

I usually drive sport mode and in 5 except on the open highway where I use D. That keeps any hesitation to a minimum, although there are conditions where it is slow to respond. We typically get 18 mpg but on occasion have reached 23 on an open highway tank. The vehicle is still tight and a pleasure to drive. I've moved two daughters from apartment to apartment and she tows a heavy U-Haul trailer just nice. There has not been much winter weather to test traction capabilities, which is its prime purpose.. perhaps coincidence? I don't know how I lived all those years without the warning radars and adaptive cruise. Sure makes those 10 hour drives less tiring and stressful. It does wander around the road a bit, needing constant steering corrections. Same with both my summer 20 inch and 18 inch winter wheels/tires.
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #85
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Good review. Thanks Cold Case. Going through the gears manually is something I forgot to try & now wish I had.
When I first looked at these, I was pretty much going with a base Laredo which seemed pretty nicely equipped & met my needs. Now I'm looking at Laredo X with the goodies that gives you. I like having the better stereo system and the onboard screen is pretty slick. I'd even prefer the better Napa leather seats in the Limited, but I'm not going there. (no more sunroofs that I hardly ever used) It's too bad options are packaged the way they are now, but I get why the manufacturers do it. It forces you to move up another level if you really want something, which obviously means more profit for them.
I still remember the days when you could actually order the vehicle with the options you wanted, instead of having to go with a package. But I realize those days are long gone, which is too bad.
As for todays technology in cars, I think about cars I drove going back to the sixties and just shake my head in amazement. But then, cars in the 60's were pretty far advanced compared to Model Ts.
So what's next for future drivers? Maybe the days of the Jetsons isn't too far off.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #86
mpuzach
2012 WK 

I'm at 9600 miles on my 2012 Limited Hemi 4X4. It's not quite 10,000 but pretty close. The car has been flawless and I absolutely love it. Mine is fully loaded with every possible option except Quadra Lift, running boards, and the DVD system. Everything works exactly as it should, including the adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, back-up camera, EVERYTHING. Quite honestly, I don't know how Jeep manages to offer so much at this price point. It's a fabulous vehicle.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #87
kkreit01

1 year old, and 13.5k miles on V6. I have only been in for free oil changes. 0 other issues. Everything is stock except for Airaid intake and a few Mopar accessories.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #88
MINNJeepRider

I put 19k trouble free miles on my '11 Limited V6 that I bought new in Nov 2011 before trading it in for a Maxima in May of this year.

After putting about 24k on the Maxima in 6 months I bought a brand new 2013 Laredo a month ago. 3k miles so far and it is already hitting the shop on Friday for a digital climate control panel replacement as well as a hopeful cure for a horrible grinding noise from the drivers side front wheel area when making a sharp left, or spinning the tires on the snow/ice that we are dealing with here in Minneapolis. Hoping I don't regret buying the WK2 on the second go round!
MINNJeepRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #89
JeepCares

MINN Jeep Rider -
Welcome back to Jeep. Let us know what they find.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #90
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

I'm almost to 10K with no issues at all, outside of a small rattle in the overhead courtesy lights that was fixed by the dealer just after delivery. Totally pleased, including fuel economy, considering it's the Hemi.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.