Who's logged 10K trouble free miles? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Who's logged 10K trouble free miles?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #61
ColoradoGrand
2012 WK 

Make it 8 out of 17 posts now.

I think that something is wrong with my accelerator pedal...... I seem to lose control of my right foot when I drive the Jeep resulting in 13.6 MPG.

When the accelerator pedal isn't acting up, I can hit 20+ on the highway.

ColoradoGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #62
MarkSRT8
2012 WK 

Almost 11,000 miles only gone back for oil chages.
MarkSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #63
badrich94
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoGrand
Just hit 10 K this past week.

The only issues that I have experienced are:

Blue smoke when starting up after the engine is warm and the GC is parked on a hill. No oil consumption issues though.

Slight surging when cruising at highway speeds in 6th gear. I notice this when applying light throttle on a slight incline. I had an 06 Pacifica that exhibited similar symptoms albeit much worse.

I will wait until permanent solutions are available to correct both items.
I have an 05 Pacifica and that surging/lurching issue is horrible. In any case, my dealership updated the computer software from 6d to 6e and the issue of the 6 gear surge is gone on my 2012 gc hemi The mechanic seemed to know exactly what to do. I still have the heavy smoke on startup when parked at an angle though.
badrich94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #64
ColoradoGrand
2012 WK 

badrich94

I'll request the software update the next time that I'm at the dealer. Thanks for the info.

As far as our 06 pac, I never could get rid of the surging. It wasn't a misfire issue or fuel related. Sounds like Chrysler has a fix for the Grand though.
ColoradoGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #65
badrich94
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoGrand View Post
badrich94

I'll request the software update the next time that I'm at the dealer. Thanks for the info.

As far as our 06 pac, I never could get rid of the surging. It wasn't a misfire issue or fuel related. Sounds like Chrysler has a fix for the Grand though.
I just looked at the paper work from the dealership. They performed a PCM software update from 68111691AD to 691AE.
Unread 09-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #66
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Prospective wk2 buyer here...after browsing through this forum and this thread, its starting to put some doubt in my decision making. Looks like there are alot of issues with the wk2.

I love the wk2 and rented one to drive for 4 days in AZ. What i dont want is ALOT of trips to the service dept. it seems pretty hit or miss how reliable the Wk2 you get can be.

I'm planning to get a 2013 overland v6. Someone tell me something positive and get rid of all this doubt in my head...is my renewed trust in american cars just a fantasy?
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #67
DGatzby1

Nope. On the FIFTH trip to the dealer (18000 mi) because that radio should be an absolute embarrassment to them. Several different instructions, reflash twice, new unit...it simply cannot remember the presets. When are they going to fix this old and known problem that is tarnishing the feedback on this vehicle. This soon will qualify as a Lemon in this State and I will take a refund, they don't have a correctly working product and need to be accountable. Listen clearly Jeep, this is my sixth and last Jeep because you cannot make the radio an working option!
Unread 09-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #68
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki View Post
Prospective wk2 buyer here...after browsing through this forum and this thread, its starting to put some doubt in my decision making. Looks like there are alot of issues with the wk2.

I love the wk2 and rented one to drive for 4 days in AZ. What i dont want is ALOT of trips to the service dept. it seems pretty hit or miss how reliable the Wk2 you get can be.

I'm planning to get a 2013 overland v6. Someone tell me something positive and get rid of all this doubt in my head...is my renewed trust in american cars just a fantasy?
Chrysler cars are hit are miss on quality. I think you would be happy with the pentastar motor though. We have that in our 2012 JKUR and love it. The pentaster v6 is about 80% of the sales for the WK2.

everything below has a hyperlink to the install/review
Rubicon Express Long Arm
D30 Alloy axle shafts with Alloy U joints
D30 Powertrax no slip locker
Skid row skids engine- gas tank - radiator- steering box
Expidition one trail series rear bumper and carrier
Edge Trail jammer install/review
Bestop Trailmax Aqua seat
Bestop Super top

Before you ask about a product in the Technical forums check out the product review section!
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #69
kkreit01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiuliani View Post
So 7 of the last 15 posts reported issues ranging from a vibrating glove box, a smell, failed break lights, broken door latch, blue smoke, bad strut, to loose suspension bolts and clunky shocks. That's 45% of the last 15 posts with issues (big or small) as the OP stated.

That doesn't mean anything, and that's how vehicles get a bad rap. Now people are going to say that 45% of all new WK2s have issues ranging minor to major. This forum probably represents <1% of the total WK2 population, and many people simply join a forum in order to report/complain/or troubleshoot a problem. Same goes for the major "Pentastar issue!" "They're all gonna blow (or need head) before they reach 20k miles". The issue affects <0.5% of total Pentastars out there. That's 7500 of the 1.5M Pentastars on the road. Granted, it's a major problem for a few - and needs to get resolved. However, after reading the interwebs, people are afraid to buy them.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #70
badrich94
2012 WK 

Quote:

I purchased a 2012 WK2 because my 98 5.9 Limited finally had a major problem which has 270K miles. My 98 check engine light came on and I fgured it was time for a new car. My 98 never left me stranded and I drove the s@#$ out of it. I even drove it to Panama. When I first got it, I had to take it to the dealership to address some issues. Keep in mind that my 98 5.9 Limited was a limited production vehicle and was a new line bridging the 98/99 model from what I understand. After I got over those initial issues, the car never had a problem aside from wear and tear. The WK2 is a new vehicle and I would expect some initial issues, but they are being handled. Also, I would say for the most part, people on this forum are very hard core Jeepers and will point out every little problem. I think that is awesome. It's the people on here that will make the Jeep even better. I also have a 2012 Mecedez ML350 for my wife. My 2012 has all the features that the benz has, but for 20K less. I love my jeep, it drives beautifully. My wife drives the benz and she never gets any questions about it. I drive my Jeep and gets lots of questions. I tow a boat and it drives great. I average about 19MPG with a Hemi V8. This is not a fuel saving car, buy a prius if you want that. My neighbor has a new Ford Explorer and is jealous of everything I have.
Unread 09-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #71
steveinaz
2011 WK 

9,897 as of this morning---no problems.
Tow package
steveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #72
Qrex
2011 WK 

27,653 trouble-free miles so far since Sept. '10...... Luvin it!
Qrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #73
InaWK2
2012 WK 

13k miles since January and no problems. It's so awesome I've already driven way more than I have in the past. If you can manage an Overland it will have so many features that you won't even notice one breaking. I guess. I've had no problems, so I can't say
InaWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #74
PRELIT

New member here with a 2013 GC Laredo. Took possession 10 days ago and logged 310 miles. Drove it to the tint shop yesterday and it lost the serpentine belt. Looks like the Alt pulley took a dump. We're somewhat disappointed, but we're optimistic that this is just an isolated issue with defective part. Time will tell.

With that said, we're still pretty impressed with the vehicle. Our first Jeep. It's well loaded and has 20"s. Got the Hemi. We can't wait to get it out of the shop.
PRELIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #75
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

Quote:

Check out this link http://strategicvision.com/auto_tqa_....php?year=2012. Scroll down to the Grand Cherokee. I think this will help you make your decision. I can tell you I am totally pleased with my 2012 GJC Overland
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.