Where is the radio antenna (am/fm)? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Where is the radio antenna (am/fm)?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-31-2011, 07:20 AM   #16
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRER View Post
You could check out these shark fin antennas - I believe they are now building one to fit the GC.

http://www.visualgarage.com/
Would be nice if Jeep had one as an accessory...but maybe I just need to get over my reluctance to go aftermarket for this kind of thing. My other car has the shark fin antenna standard from the factory and I usually don't have issues with radio reception.

hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
thedanno
2011 WK 

Yes, the collision avoidance beeper goes off everytime pulling out of the garage. I saw a nice telescoping antenna that I could keep short when at home and driving around town that would not have hit the garage entrance and could be extended when driving out in the country when I needed better reception but unfortunately it did not fit the threads in my Jeep and there was no way to do an adapter without completely replacing the unit on the roof.
thedanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There are several so called short or stubby antennas available. I purchases a slightly shorter universal version (one with several thread adapters) off eBay for my 09 Liberty. Shorter means a little less signal, but it also does not hang up in my garage door. They are a fairly standard screw in thread, no tools needed. Guys at the garage routinely unscrew them when working on the jeep.

Mangowalk 5" Black Short & Stubby Rubber Antenna Mast, about $13 with shipping.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.