Where to buy my GC? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Where to buy my GC?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Carange334

Where to buy my GC?

Hey guys, new the forums here but long time member of many other car forums. Ive done some minor searching but didnt find many answers and there might not be one. Probably more of the luck of the draw. I have 2 questions.

Anyway I have out grown my "sports coupe" and need a new larger vehicle. With driving around 2 young kids and the wife its hard fitting in a 4 seater, so I decided to buy a Grand Cherokee. Im a little pressed for cash so Im looking for the best deal. I have some time to spare so if waiting would be better im fine with that.

Ill start with what im looking for. Im not going to say fully loaded (cause thats costly), but I went to the dealer and the Laredo V6 with what the dealer called the "X" package is what caught my eye. They were asking 38K sticker. It was super nice with leather, nav, sun roof, the works. The only thing I didnt love was the V6. Now coming for a little coupe V6 300whp car I kind of got used to that fast responce and quickness. Now I know im not going to find the same thing in an SUV, but is there that much of a difference between the V6 and the V8? Thats my first question. Im going for a test drive Saterday of the V6 vs V8.

When is comes down to it, cost is going to be 80% of the deciding factor. I live in NJ and was looking where the best place or even state would be best to buy a new 2012 GC. Im willing to drive 2-3 hours away for good deal. I know for my current car I drove to NY state to get almost 3K off my car. Also I dont know Jeeps deals for spring or something like that.

So comments?

Thanks!!!

Carange334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

The V8 will definitely give you that performance that you are looking for, but it still won't respond or drive like your 300hp coupe sports car...that is just the nature of SUVs that aren't sport-tuned. But a V8 sets you back +$1500 over the V6, so that is something to consider. I'm willing to bet you will like the V8 better than hte V6 on your test drive.

I went with the V6 and I feel that the engine smoothness and response matured after the first 1000 miles I put on it and I personally am satisfied with the driving experience. My Lexus IS300 still drives smoother and sportier, but I didn't really expect the same driving experience from a heavy SUV.

I paid around $36k for my Laredo X (4wd, V6), but I've seen people get around $34K-$35K for it based on their discounts/deals. If you want the V8, add $1500 on to that. If you are a member of Tread Lightly ($60 for 3 years, I believe) you automatically would get 1% below invoice price with is a really good place to start.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.