Where is the battery? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Where is the battery?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
bgreenstone

Where is the battery?

When I took delivery of my 2014 Overland on Friday I had the sales guy pop the hood to be sure I knew where everything was. Good thing I did because neither of us could find the battery. We found the +/- leads for jump starting the car, but no indication on where the battery actually is, and the manual says nothing. Is the 12v battery in these even user serviceable, or did Jeep hide it away somewhere that you'd need a lift to get at it?

-Brian

bgreenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

...dealer didn't even know? Pathetic. Under front passenger seat.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
plynn7
2014 WK 

I hope that salesperson was new like the first day selling Jeeps, the battery has been under the front seat since 2011!
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
mpuzach
2012 WK 

How do you get to it? I can't find anything in the owner's manual that even mentions it.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
bgreenstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by plynn7 View Post
I hope that salesperson was new like the first day selling Jeeps, the battery has been under the front seat since 2011!
During my quest to get a new Jeep I dealt with 5 different salespeople at 3 different dealerships, and I knew more from just reading the brochure than most of them knew. It's been my experience that the salespeople at non-luxury dealerships have high turnover, and they're just there to make a buck, but don't generally care or know anything about the cars. I'm sure there are exceptions, but in my case they were all clueless. The same salesguy didn't even know that my car came with a year of free Sirius and uConnect. I found that out when I got home.

So.... how does one get to the battery under the passenger seat?

-Brian
bgreenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
97HMCS
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuzach View Post
How do you get to it? I can't find anything in the owner's manual that even mentions it.
Slide the front passenger seat all the way forward and from the rear lift open the battery access panel in the floor.
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
WvTaco
2011 WK 

WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.