Wheel and Tire Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Thread

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #76
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobholthaus View Post
How are the Duratracs wearing? Any regrets? Feedback after 8 months? Thinking of going with these on my 2007 GC CRD with 18" wheels. Im thinking 70 aspect ratio and may do a budget boost to fit them.
Duratrac are great so far, no regrets at all. I am running them at 45psi, which seems to give the best on road handling for them. Gas mileage has dropped to 11-15MPG but I expected that, plus I added the roof rack and extra weight with the accessories. I would definitely recommend them.

The Rock Rails are Mopar, I would recommend them as well.

wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #77
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarvillanueva View Post
That is a great looking setup. I have been looking into those mopar wheels and they look way better mounted up and on a jeep than on the websites. Nice work.
Thanks man, yeah you never know how they are going to turn out once they are mounted. I really like the way they came out.
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #78
Golden1

I must say, I like your choice on the Duratracs! Ive got a set myself with a Rocky Road lift and I love them. Also, I have designed an external spare carrier and will post pics soon. Anyone else interested? I can build a quality carrier thay looks great and pivots out of the way of the tailgate with spring tension for about 250.00. Plus getting rid of the spare ads a lot of room in the back.
forumrunner_20120213_225816.jpg   forumrunner_20120213_225832.jpg  
Golden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #79
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1 View Post
I must say, I like your choice on the Duratracs! Ive got a set myself with a Rocky Road lift and I love them. Also, I have designed an external spare carrier and will post pics soon. Anyone else interested? I can build a quality carrier thay looks great and pivots out of the way of the tailgate with spring tension for about 250.00. Plus getting rid of the spare ads a lot of room in the back.
Your Jeep looks great! I got an external spare tire holder from tiregate.com, it cost $995 so if you can build it for $250, thats awesome. Here are some pics of it and a rack I got from Garvin.

Unread 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #80
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1
I'm interested I love the look of rear spare carrier the only thing is that it makes your back up camera Obsolete. Post pics!
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #81
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer View Post
I'm interested I love the look of rear spare carrier the only thing is that it makes your back up camera Obsolete. Post pics!
I had to turn off the sensors with mine but I can still use the back up camera when I donít have the gas cans mounted. The tire partially blocks the view, but it is still useable when parking, etc...
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #82
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo

I had to turn off the sensors with mine but I can still use the back up camera when I don’t have the gas cans mounted. The tire partially blocks the view, but it is still useable when parking, etc...
Awesome if it's partially useful then I'm down! Golden one show us what you did, is it in the middle or to the side like wahoos? Thanks!
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #83
bobholthaus
2007 WK 

Wahoo- your jeep is sick. Do you rescue people with that thing?! Ha. What's in the black tank on the rack? Looks sweet man.
'07 GC CRD Limited - OEM 08 HID's - OEM 08 Chrome 18" Wheels - 265/60-18 Bridgestone Revo 2s - Valentine 1 - Weathertech Cargo Liner & Mats - UConnect - PIAA 1000 Driving Lights - Garmin 750 - Cargo Area LEDs - Mopar Remote Start - HID fogs
bobholthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #84
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobholthaus View Post
Wahoo- your jeep is sick. Do you rescue people with that thing?! Ha. What's in the black tank on the rack? Looks sweet man.
Thanks, no rescues yet, haha. Its an onboard CO2 Air system for inflating your tires or running air tools.
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #85
the1jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
Your Jeep looks great! I got an external spare tire holder from tiregate.com, it cost $995 so if you can build it for $250, thats awesome. Here are some pics of it and a rack I got from Garvin.

Great pics. I really like what you've done. Now the only thing you need is a bully bar for the front of the Jeep!

Couple questions... How does the roof rack affect the panoramic view from the interior? (I know, it's trivial)

Also, with the tire mounted on back, how does the rear camera and sensor react when backing up? Did you disable the parking assist system?
the1jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #86
Chrazy-Chris
2012 WK 

Wow, that is one tricked out Jeep. Is that the Rocky Road roof rack? What's the wind noise like at highway speeds?

Does that tire carrier only connect to the receiver hitch, or are there other points of contact as well?

Very cool setup. I'm also looking forward to seeing what you do to the front end!
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #87
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Bully bars are junk! Expensive hollow metal that will crunch under barely any pressure. It wouldnt work with his rig since he actually has some nice upgrades for off road. Quoting the pictures is also annoying. Makes the thread too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
Wow, that is one tricked out Jeep. Is that the Rocky Road roof rack? What's the wind noise like at highway speeds?

Does that tire carrier only connect to the receiver hitch, or are there other points of contact as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #88
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1jake View Post
Great pics. I really like what you've done. Now the only thing you need is a bully bar for the front of the Jeep!

Couple questions... How does the roof rack affect the panoramic view from the interior? (I know, it's trivial)

Also, with the tire mounted on back, how does the rear camera and sensor react when backing up? Did you disable the parking assist system?
thanks man. When the rack is unloaded it doesnt block the view too much, but fully loaded it obviously does.

I have to disable the parking assist. Without the gas cans I can still use the camera, the tire does block some of the view. With the cans, its useless.
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #89
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post

Very cool setup. I'm also looking forward to seeing what you do to the front end!
Thanks man. Its a Garvin Rack, here is a link to their website. Not much wind noise, but there is some.

http://www.wildernessracks.com/

The tire carrier just connects only to the hitch, its amazing stable for just having that one point.

Rocky Road is working on a set up for the front, I'm waiting to see what they come up with.
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #90
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Bully bars are junk! Expensive hollow metal that will crunch under barely any pressure. It wouldnt work with his rig since he actually has some nice upgrades for off road. Quoting the pictures is also annoying. Makes the thread too long.
Agreed! I'm waiting to see what Rocky Road comes up with, they are working on a winch set up. There really isnt anything out there right now that I know of for the front of the WK2.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.