Wheel and Tire Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Thread

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 07-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #46
FIBERshock
2011 WK 

^^^^ 275/65R18 Bf goodrich AT KO, Eagle Alloy 050 matte black 18"

FIBERshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #47
ericideman
2011 WK 

I'm considering some AT tires as well. Think I have a pretty good understanding of the pros and cons of each of the major ones as far as off road utility but I'm a little confused about how they will be ON ROAD. Any recommendations on best on road AT? I do s lot of on road driving so it needs to be a consideration.
ericideman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #48
MaineJeep11
2011 WK 

I've had ProComp AT's and BFG AT's both on a few different trucks/SUV's and I got better life and less noise out of the ProComp's than the BFG's on both different vehicles. Hopefully that helps if you're considering either of those. I thought they were both equal in the snow in terms of traction.
MaineJeep11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #49
Timgco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericideman View Post
I'm considering some AT tires as well. Think I have a pretty good understanding of the pros and cons of each of the major ones as far as off road utility but I'm a little confused about how they will be ON ROAD. Any recommendations on best on road AT? I do s lot of on road driving so it needs to be a consideration.
It really depends on what type of road conditions you usually see. If you are going to get onto dirt roads, snow/ ice, mud, rain, etc, you'll have to go after a tire that fits that bill.

I have ran BFG AT's on a few trucks and they do well as a "does it all" tire. I really like them in the snow/ ice. They do OK off road as long as you stay out of the mud holes/ clay. For an AT tire, they are prety quiet on road and wear well as long as you rotate them. In comaprison to that "car tires" that come on these trucks, they are louder. in the rain/ heavier downpoors they do very well also IMO.
The nitto Terra's are a little quieter, but I never did keep those on my truck for more than a couple months. They did not hold up to my expectations/ uses. not a bad tire by any means, just wasn;t what I needed for my lifestyle.
We are getting ready to lift our 2010WK and will be using the BFG AT again on that truck. Great tire for what we use our truck for.
12K to 15K on the road and weekend trips camping/ skiing in the winter each year. I have also ran the BFG AT's on trails in CO/ UT and sand dunes in WI.
Timgco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #50
webspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericideman View Post
ATs in the sizes for the wk2 will be a bit taller and heavier than stock. So mileage and acceleration suffer slightly. As for ride comfort, the nitto tg's on mine ride smoother than the oem 20" goodyears. Cornering and handling are still good, with just a slightly softer feel (taller sidewalls).
Unread 07-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #51
ericideman
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timgco

It really depends on what type of road conditions you usually see. If you are going to get onto dirt roads, snow/ ice, mud, rain, etc, you'll have to go after a tire that fits that bill.

I have ran BFG AT's on a few trucks and they do well as a "does it all" tire. I really like them in the snow/ ice. They do OK off road as long as you stay out of the mud holes/ clay. For an AT tire, they are prety quiet on road and wear well as long as you rotate them. In comaprison to that "car tires" that come on these trucks, they are louder. in the rain/ heavier downpoors they do very well also IMO.
The nitto Terra's are a little quieter, but I never did keep those on my truck for more than a couple months. They did not hold up to my expectations/ uses. not a bad tire by any means, just wasn;t what I needed for my lifestyle.
We are getting ready to lift our 2010WK and will be using the BFG AT again on that truck. Great tire for what we use our truck for.
12K to 15K on the road and weekend trips camping/ skiing in the winter each year. I have also ran the BFG AT's on trails in CO/ UT and sand dunes in WI.
I drive mostly on the highway all day during the week and I'm in Northern California so it rains all the time so the roads are wet a lot. On the weekends I am pulling a travel trailer and I would say that most of my off road activity is hills and dirt trails which get pretty muddy in the winter and sandy dune areas in and around the beach camp sites.
Unread 07-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #52
ericideman
2011 WK 

Well ... I guess it came down to two:

1.) Michelin LTX AT/2
2.) Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2

I wanted the Firestone Destination A/T but I have been told it's discontinued.

Basically I needed the best highway A/T and ALL the reviews said to go with the two I chose. Leaning to the Michelin because of better tread wear. Gonna go get em on tomorrow and will make my final choice on the spot.

So now... Any suggestions on unloading my 265/60R18 Latitudes? Should I just E-Bay them? They only have 617 miles.

Thanks for the help!
Unread 08-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #53
hipthrowr2
2011 WK 

Does anybody know if a 17 inch rim will fit over the rotors on the '11 WKII? I'm running the stock 20's but have already gone through 2 tires off roading (one pinch flat and one large puncture right in the middle of the tread) I want to at least get some 18's but I was thinking if I could have some more sidwall with the 17s that may be a good course of action.
hipthrowr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #54
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If you have a V8, you should have HD brakes, so the stock 17s won't fit over the calipers. If you have a V6 should not be a problem.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #55
JGCOSGIRL
2011 WK 

Hey there everyone, well I'm new to this site, but I'm also signed up on ********** So I'm not extremely new :P But I need some help please! I know that it's a trial and error thing to see what 32" tire fits, but maybe you guys can chime in and give me a better peace of mind. First of all I am currently up in Anchorage Alaska, so the Goodyear Fortera's aren't going to cut it when the snow starts falling! So I need something more aggressive! And that is what I'm looking for. Now I'm not coming on here not knowing anything. I have done some research, and gone to some shops in town checking out tires. Unless someone steers me a different way, these are the 2 that I am looking at:

Cooper Zeon LTZ
275/55R/20's
31.93 Inch Diameter

And:

Nitto Terra Grappler
again 275/55R/20's
31.80 inch Diameter

I know that getoutandplay is running the Nitto's and having no issues, but would the Coopers fit also? They are only .13 of an inch bigger then the Nitto's. And this tire is the #1 pick by 1 of the guys at the shop. I know these tires aren't really made strictly for the winter, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an All-terrain tire. The stock tires SUCK! I am pretty cautious during the winter time driving wise. PLEASE HELP!!! I am so indecisive, and can't make this decision by myself

Thank You
JGCOSGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #56
wahoo
2011 WK 

Duratrac 275/65/18 and Mopar Wheels

Fits tight but no rubbing on any quadra lift setting

wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #57
wxchaser

2014 WK 

Those reallly look good on your Jeep to me.
wxchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #58
wahoo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
Those reallly look good on your Jeep to me.
Thank you. I'm selling my 265/60/18 Michelin Tires and 18 x 8 aluminum polished wheels that came with the off road package, if any one in the San Diego area is looking for some. Less then 4000 miles on them. $200 for all four.

wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #59
webspoke

They look great on the mopar wheels, what is the noise level like?
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #60
boostedboxer
2010 JK Wrangler 

What's the BS on those wheels? I've been thinking about throwing that same size duratrac on my stock 18's
boostedboxer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.