Wheel and Tire Thread - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #406
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2WK2 View Post
I agree, looks great, but why offroad tires and lift when you have running boards and no tow hooks?
My guess is the same answer is the same as the ones that lift and put offroad tires on a 4x2. Because they can.

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #407
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

It the perfect set up

for mall crawling and profiling at cars and coffee. I was seriously considering taking the winter tires of this week but we just got another 7" of snow and it was -2F this morning. Now wonder the Greens and Libertards dumped "global warming" for "Climate Change". Spring arrived on Saturday but must of gotten lost or maybe Putin hijacked it.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #408
hemispin
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
for mall crawling and profiling at cars and coffee. I was seriously considering taking the winter tires of this week but we just got another 7" of snow and it was -2F this morning. Now wonder the Greens and Libertards dumped "global warming" for "Climate Change". Spring arrived on Saturday but must of gotten lost or maybe Putin hijacked it.
Time to quit doing drugs Dave. Your post is so random. First you ASSUME this is a mall crawler. Then you talk about your Winter tires and the weather. Then you interject global warming. And to wrap it, you throw Putin into the discussion for no apparent reason. WTF?????
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #409
tCricket
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2WK2 View Post
I agree, looks great, but why offroad tires and lift when you have running boards and no tow hooks?
That's just the way it came from the dealer. I really don't like the running boards, and will most likely be selling them once I have the money to replace them.

The lift, wheels, and tires were just the first step. I plan on building it out for moderate trail riding as there are tons of trails up in the mountains around here. This was just my first mod. I want to swap the running boards for rock rails, add tow hooks and the RRO winch kit, proper skid plates, etc...
tCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #410
tCricket
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
I wouldn't call them 33s. 32.59"x11.22".

The tires look awesome but they are almost half an inch from being a true 33" tire.
'Almost' 33" - the Nitto Trail Grapplers (LT285/65R18 E125/122Q) are spec'd at 32.83 x 11.93 on Nitto's site, and they tend to run a bit bigger than that as well... The guys at the tire shop said they were larger than stated and I would have to take that into consideration in the build.
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #411
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCricket View Post
That's just the way it came from the dealer. I really don't like the running boards, and will most likely be selling them once I have the money to replace them.

The lift, wheels, and tires were just the first step. I plan on building it out for moderate trail riding as there are tons of trails up in the mountains around here. This was just my first mod. I want to swap the running boards for rock rails, add tow hooks and the RRO winch kit, proper skid plates, etc...
A very good start toward an awesome machine. Should be lots of fun.
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #412
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:

'Almost' 33" - the Nitto Trail Grapplers (LT285/65R18 E125/122Q) are spec'd at 32.83 x 11.93 on Nitto's site, and they tend to run a bit bigger than that as well... The guys at the tire shop said they were larger than stated and I would have to take that into consideration in the build.
If they say so.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #413
tCricket
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
A very good start toward an awesome machine. Should be lots of fun.
Thanks!

I also forgot to mention - I installed RRO's UCA's with the lift to give me extra clearance in the wheel wells and to allow for better alignment.
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #414
ferntree

2014 WK 

Quote:
Thanks!

I also forgot to mention - I installed RRO's UCA's with the lift to give me extra clearance in the wheel wells and to allow for better alignment.
Seems some guys just have to throw a negative comment in on this forum, regardless. Just ignore them. It's a damn nice rig and will serve you well. You mod it however you see fit, and if you chose to crawl the mall or run the Rubicon - just enjoy it.

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #415
eibyer

What's the going (approximate) rate for having a shop install the lift? I wonder if it's cheaper to have them source it from RRO or buy it and have them install it. Not doing it anytime soon, just toying with the idea.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #416
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibyer View Post
What's the going (approximate) rate for having a shop install the lift? I wonder if it's cheaper to have them source it from RRO or buy it and have them install it. Not doing it anytime soon, just toying with the idea.
I was quoted from three shops anywhere from $250-$400. I paid around $350-$375 I think for a full day's work and alignment.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 03-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #417
hemispin
2014 WK 

Quote:
I just got my new 2014 Diesel wk2 back from the shop. I had the RRO 2 1/2" Lift installed, the pinch welds bent, and the felt trimmed to fit my 18x9 Ultra Baron (+12 offset) Wheels and 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers (285/65R18). I was more than pleased with the results!
This looks great. There aren't too many wheel options for the WK2 with the 5 x 5 lug pattern. Those wheels look really good on there.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #418
eibyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
I was quoted from three shops anywhere from $250-$400. I paid around $350-$375 I think for a full day's work and alignment.
Thanks, this should be a good starting point when the time comes.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #419
tCricket
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibyer View Post
Thanks, this should be a good starting point when the time comes.
I paid almost exactly double that for my work to get done. I purchased my RRO Lift & UCA's directly, bought my wheels/tires from Discount Tire, and took all of it to the shop to have it done.

The shop (The Edge Automotive) was awesome. The owner Chris was very upfront and honest during the entire process.

They did the lift, installed the UCA's, and fitted the wheels/tires (which involved bending the pinch welds, cutting the wheel well liner, and 3 layers of undercoating around the pinch weld). They then took it to the alignment shop and got the alignment done for me. So I guess you could say I got the white glove treatment. My total bill was: $800.16

The lift and UCA install was estimated as 10hr labor by RRO when we called, and it took just about that long for the shop to actually get it all installed.
Unread 03-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #420
mgoneill70

Mopar Off Road Wheels

Apologies if this has been covered but I searched to no avail. Those who switched to the Mopar Off road wheels, did you need to purchase new lug nuts or do the standard nuts fit? I'm assuming since the offsets are the same as the standard 18 inch wheels on my Jeep, I should be ok using the same lug nuts?
mgoneill70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.