Wheel and Tire Thread - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #361
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineJeep11 View Post
I'm curious too, anyone had any luck with the Goodyear AT w/ Kevlar? I have heard they are very stiff due to kevlar sidewalls but that's about it. To the OP, probably more than you want based on what you described. The 20's have a stiff enough ride, add some tires with real stiff sidewalls and you might really have a harsher ride than you want.
They are on my Ram and are awsome. I don't knkw if they are stiff as they are load range E tires but for traction and noise they are amazing. Aside from driving on glare ice any other conditions they are the best tire I have ever driven on.

loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #362
kkreit01

The correct A/T is not going to be noisy or rough riding. My Ram came with LT Silent Armor ProGrades (Load Range E). They are quiet, and ride smooth on the highway. I also had a set of the P-metric Silent Armors on my previous Hemi Aspen. The Adventure AT is replacing silent Armors, so I can only guess that they are even better (although they don't have the mountain snowflake). My Jeep has Cooper A/T3s. They ride just as good as the horrible Latitudes did. They are slightly more noisy than Silent Armors, but it's nothing irritating. Either tires you mentioned will suit you fine in the DC area. I'm thinking the GY will be more quiet than the Nittos.

We just had 14" of snow here. I took the Jeep out last night in 8" of it. It worked flawlessly. I plan to take the truck out today. I never shovel my driveway.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #363
Kneeland24

Sorry if this has been repeatedly asked.....but it's taken me over an hour and I haven't found a definitive answer yet.

I have a 2011 Laredo with 17's that I am planning on installing the 20" Overland wheels on. The 20"s don't have rubber on them now, and my questions is, what size tires can I run with this set up? I have seen a lot of people asking about what size will fit on the Overland but want to make sure whatever I get can be mounted with no rub.

Thanks!
get-attachment-4aspx.jpg  
Kneeland24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #364
Aquaforest

In regards to the 20s. From what I've read here the largest you can go is 275/55/20 without any rubbing issues. I'm assuming you mean a jeep without a lift or spacers. This has been stated by several members for several different tires including, but non limited to Nitto Terra Grapplers and both the Cooper AT/3 and Zeons. What I'm not sure about yet, will the rub in an off road situation or even taking a speed bump to hard. The 285/50/20 is another size that overall is closer to stock, but are wider then the 275/55, thus a possible problem.
Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #365
Kneeland24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
In regards to the 20s. From what I've read here the largest you can go is 275/55/20 without any rubbing issues. I'm assuming you mean a jeep without a lift or spacers. This has been stated by several members for several different tires including, but non limited to Nitto Terra Grapplers and both the Cooper AT/3 and Zeons. What I'm not sure about yet, will the rub in an off road situation or even taking a speed bump to hard. The 285/50/20 is another size that overall is closer to stock, but are wider then the 275/55, thus a possible problem.

Yeah I was reading a lot about the 275/55/20 being the largest people were using. I just wasn't sure if they were able to mount anything wider if it was a little smaller like a 285/50, etc. I guess I'm mainly looking to gather a list of tire sizes that would fit and are equal to or larger than stock size on a JGC Laredo with stock suspension. I'm sure there is a list out there but I have had no luck finding it. Versus reading through 24 pages of posts I figured it was worth asking in case someone knew.

Thanks for your help!
Unread 02-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #366
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The clearance to the top control arm does not leave much room for wider tires unless you also use spacers or a wheel with a different offset.
Unread 02-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #367
Kneeland24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
The clearance to the top control arm does not leave much room for wider tires unless you also use spacers or a wheel with a different offset.
Thank you for your reply. I think that narrows down the list a bit. From what I have gathered, that leaves the following tire sizes that will fall in my criteria:

275/55/20
275/50/20
265/55/20
265/50/20

If anyone knows of any other tire sizes, aside from the one's above, that fit a stock 2011 JGC Laredo, just let me know.

Thanks again everyone!
Unread 02-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #368
Gunny7
2014 WK 

I've got the wrangler ATs with Kevlar. on our 2014 Overland. 18 in. They didn't change the sound or ride. Not hard riding. Got to be better going. Very nice looking Tire on the GC.
Changed them out on the way home from the Dealer.
Too old to slide around or get stuck.
Gunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #369
Aquaforest

I like the idea of the 265/55/20 getting you a little extra height/width, but I don't see any AT tires in that size if that is your goal.
Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #370
onebluemcm
2014 WK 

Seeking a little help on math. My sayings, math happens and math hurts....and to top it off, I'm tired. Just want to make sure I'm thinking straight.

Compared to the stock 20", an 18" wheel that is 7.5" wide and has a 50.8mm offset should:
- have a ~5.75" back space
- have about the same outer rim position
- have the inner rim sit further AWAY/outboard from the strut/upper ball joint, or further toward the outside than the stock 20x8 rim

thanks
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #371
billybob123
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIBERshock View Post
i saw your jeep the day before i was getting my nittos on and yours look so smooth i switched my order last second....so glad i did
Fibershock hasent been here in a long time. I looked thru his posts but didnt find anything.
Does anybody remember him talking about what backspace/offset these rims were and if he had any rubbing ?
Thanks
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #372
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
Seeking a little help on math. My sayings, math happens and math hurts....and to top it off, I'm tired. Just want to make sure I'm thinking straight.

Compared to the stock 20", an 18" wheel that is 7.5" wide and has a 50.8mm offset should:
- have a ~5.75" back space
- have about the same outer rim position
- have the inner rim sit further AWAY/outboard from the strut/upper ball joint, or further toward the outside than the stock 20x8 rim

thanks
You don't need to do the math. Just plug the numbers in here:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #373
HiRez

Spare Tire (GC Limited Diesel)

Greetings,
Contemplating the purchase of a diesel GC limited.
Does it come with a spare tire (full size/collapsable)? If not, is there place to put one in?
Thanks in advance.
HiRez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #374
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRez View Post
Greetings,
Does it come with a spare tire (full size/collapsable)? If not, is there place to put one in?
Thanks in advance.
Depends on the option package and trim. The largest you can get, however, is a road tire that has the same diameter and load rating as the others (so called full size). Its narrower to fit in the spare wheel well. A spare the size of the other four tire sticks up a bit and will raise the cover. They don't use collapsible tires.
Unread 02-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #375
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRez View Post
Greetings,
Thanks in advance.
According to Jeep.com it is a "compact spare tire".

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.