Wheel and Tire Thread - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Thread

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #256
RllyDrvrIX
2012 WK 

Looking for anyone with black 20's on an Overland. My stock wheels have taken a beating from the previous owner and I want a change from hyper-silver to black.

Thanks in advance.

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #257
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Having black altitude 20s installed on my black '14 limited tomorrow. Will post pics.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #258
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Just a little warning on the 2014 grands. Received my wheel and tire package from OE Wheels and the aftermarket TPMS do not work. Can't get the warning light off. So far they can't figure it out.
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #259
Shub45

Thats nice. I just installed my tires from there sn hour ago
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #260
Shub45

I just checked my dash pressure readouts and they are right on. I never even noticed a tpms light on from the beginning. Which rims did you get.
Unread 09-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #261
Shub45

My new 20's

image-2351926448.jpg

Not sure if this worked. I dont think it handles as nice as the 18's

Last edited by Jackal01; 09-13-2013 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Merged with the dedicated wheel and tire thread already in place.
Unread 09-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #262
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Just a little warning on the 2014 grands. Received my wheel and tire package from OE Wheels and the aftermarket TPMS do not work. Can't get the warning light off. So far they can't figure it out.
Did you stop by a tire shop to check if the TPMS sensors are working and at the correct frequency for the WK2? Discount tire accidentally sent me the wrong frequency once (another vehicle). Otherwise the forum is full of aftermarket TPMS failures, seems the system likes OEM sensors.
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #263
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Black 20s

just had these black altitudes installed today. Really liking the look.
photo-14-.jpg

photo-15-.jpg

sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #264
Pudgie
2012 WK 

biggest and widest tires I can go

Hi I put on XD Crank 18x9 0 offset on my car with the RRO lift kit. I'm wondering whats the biggest and widest tires I can run on my car? right now I have 255/70/18 which comes out to 32.1x10 I'm trying to see if I can fit like 305/65R18 which is 33.6x12. has anyone tried it or have a idea if they will fit???
Pudgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #265
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

So you should be real safe with 275 65 18 though that is about the same OD and a bit wider tahn what you have now. 33.6 OD sounds pretty extreme, the only way to know is to mount one up.

what about 285 65 18 ? That would get you close to a 33" tire but not too close . Is this for looks or Offroad?

My guess is 32.5 or so or a bit over is about as big as you will want to go OD for a few reasons
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #266
Pudgie
2012 WK 

I'm trying to figure out whats the most I could go in width mainly. I'm pretty sure i can run 33" no problems it's just i donno how wide i can go and I also don't want to waste money on trying different tires out. this is for looks and offroad use. I want it wider so I can have better grip on the roads. depending what size I can go I plan on getting the nitto terra grappler or trail grapplers. I also don't mind 295/70R18 or 305/60R18 just wondering if anyone tried these tires yet?

has anyone tried anything 12" wide??
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #267
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudgie View Post
I'm trying to figure out whats the most I could go in width mainly. I'm pretty sure i can run 33" no problems it's just i donno how wide i can go and I also don't want to waste money on trying different tires out. this is for looks and offroad use. I want it wider so I can have better grip on the roads. depending what size I can go I plan on getting the nitto terra grappler or trail grapplers. I also don't mind 295/70R18 or 305/60R18 just wondering if anyone tried these tires yet?

has anyone tried anything 12" wide??
Have you read these threads, in their entirety, regarding sizing?

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #268
Pudgie
2012 WK 

I have read the whole threads and I have seen people run 10.83 wide I just haven't seen anyone run 11.5 or 12 wide with the RRO 2.5 lift thats the main thing I'm thinkg to figure out before I have to do trial and error....
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #269
tmdonnelly
2011 WK 

After doing a lot of research, I ordered Toyo Open Country AT2s in a 265/65/18 for my 2011 Laredo X. While my Jeep was at the tire shop I strolled down the road for a cold Oktoberfest. As I was enjoying my tall, frosty, fall beverage the shop called me and said there was a problem... I went back to the shop and they had the old Lattitudes standing up next to the Toyos, and told me there was no way they would fit w/o rubbing. I tried to convince them that they would fit and they came back with the "look we do this for a living, we see this all the time, etc..." I told them to slap them, and to stop giving me lip (kidding, I said please). Long story short, the tires are on and there is ZERO RUBBING - in fact, not even close. Mathilde loves her new sneakers, and she's happy that she looks much tougher w/o the junk Michelins. Thanks so much for the folks here on Jeepforum who gave me the confidence to go against the "professionals" and put on rubber that I knew would fit. Cheers!!
tmdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #270
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdonnelly View Post
After doing a lot of research, I ordered Toyo Open Country AT2s in a 265/65/18 for my 2011 Laredo X. While my Jeep was at the tire shop I strolled down the road for a cold Oktoberfest. As I was enjoying my tall, frosty, fall beverage the shop called me and said there was a problem... I went back to the shop and they had the old Lattitudes standing up next to the Toyos, and told me there was no way they would fit w/o rubbing. I tried to convince them that they would fit and they came back with the "look we do this for a living, we see this all the time, etc..." I told them to slap them, and to stop giving me lip (kidding, I said please). Long story short, the tires are on and there is ZERO RUBBING - in fact, not even close. Mathilde loves her new sneakers, and she's happy that she looks much tougher w/o the junk Michelins. Thanks so much for the folks here on Jeepforum who gave me the confidence to go against the "professionals" and put on rubber that I knew would fit. Cheers!!
Any pics?

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.