Wheel and Tire Thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #241
modernblueWK

Bad A srt reps

Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #242
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks!! I was looking at a couple different company reps but some had SRT cast right on them. I liked these! There "cleaner" for the non SRT !
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #243
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Pics !

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #244
modernblueWK

New tires for 2013 Durango Crew (replace 18" michelin latitudes)

I though the guys here with the 18" wheel package could chime in.

Ive been reading reviews on the Michelin Latitude Tour all over the internet.
People seem to have terrible experience with them on ice and snow. My wife drives the durango primarily and goes to a stable to ride/train her horse. There she drives in mud, gravel, sand, etc. the durango has trouble already in those conditions with no snow, ice or frozen mud thrown in.

Ive run winter only tires on my 2008 grand cherokee before and they were nice but a bit overkill.

Stock size 265/60-18
I'm looking at the Hankook Dynapro atm rf10. Its an all terrain.

Also looking at the cooper discoverer ht plus

Both tires get great reviews on and off road, snow, ice etc. Anybody here have any first hand experience with them? We have snow on the ground 6 months out of the year here. -40 in january. But the roads are clean 80% of the time.
Blue WK club #4

Last edited by modernblueWK; 09-08-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #245
Redboots
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have used the Cooper Discoverer tires on a Chevy Tahoe and they were excellent. Good highway tire with little to no noise, and very capable off road as well. We live in Kanab, Utah. Lot's of sand and slick rock conditions. Lots of clay that turns slippery in winter after snow melts. Never had an issue with the tires and as soon as the Latitudes wear out on the GC I will probably replace them with another set of Cooper's.
Redboots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #246
modernblueWK

Where they those specific coopers? Ive also seem the cooper discoverer at3 as an option.
Blue WK club #4
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #247
Redboots
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Actually after looking at them, mine were the AT3 with the more agressive tread pattern than the HT+. I don't think the HT's would have worked too well for our conditions, they look more highway oriented.
Redboots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #248
modernblueWK

Any hankook dynapro atm users here?
Blue WK club #4
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #249
mturo

I had the hankooks on one of my old trucks, I loved them never had an issue and got me through the things I needed to go through. I am fixing to order a set of the cooper discovery at3, because you cant beat the price after the 80 rebate they have going on right now.
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #250
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Black 20s on 2014?

Hi all. I have a black 2014 limited and am considering swapping out the polished 20s for black wheels or having them painted. If I can't have them painted, I may just order a set of the black altitudes from mopar. Has anyone replaced their stock 20s with black wheels or had them painted? Any pics?
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #251
Shub45

I was considering black also. Actually black chrome. Go on O.E. wheels llc. They have a photo gallery of jeeps with some black and black chrome.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #252
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvite
I have duratracs on my 08 Pathfinder and love them. They have been great tires and have worn great. My brother had the BFGs on his suburban and they were good for the first while but as they wore they got louder and their performance were not very good.
^^^^ This, Duratracs are the best AT I've ever run. It's a plus that Good Year is an American brand. They're excellent for Winter too [severe weather rating], though I can't see where you're located from my phone. Nitto = Toyo (Japanese), but they supposedly do some final assembly for certain tire lines in North America; I'm just not a fan of giving them market share in yet another industry, when there are a lot of quality American brands. There appears to be a lot of cross-pollinization of labeling in the tire industry, so I do acknowledge the global sourcing and manufacturing aspect.

Cooper and General are good too. I'd go BF Goodrich as a 4th slot (Michelin - French).
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #253
hallbrooks

New Jeep Owner!

So I just purchased my first jeep a week ago and I love it. I already changed up the wheels and tires. Let me know what you think!
hallbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #254
Shub45

Freakin Awesome. Ive got a 14' black overland and just ordered the same rims. Where did u get them and how $.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #255
tmdonnelly
2011 WK 

I just ordered a set of Toyo Open Country AT2s for my 2011, and I can't want to get them on Saturday!
tmdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.