Wheel and Tire Thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #136
plum4457
2013 WK 

New Jeep - Aftermarket Wheels/Tires

Hi all, great site this is my first post. I am planning on picking up a 2013 5.7 Laredo X tomorrow and have a question. I would like to get new wheels (20's) and tires right away but am unsure the best way to do that. What would one do with the stock ones? Would a tire shop or someone buy them? Is this something that is best handled at the dealer as they may have better use for the stock stuff? Any advice appreciated.

plum4457 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #137
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Welcome. Depends on the shop. Discount tire should give at most $50 per brand new tire, that was their offer to me. So $200. Nothing for the wheels. I sold, locally, each tire for $100 and each wheel for $100. I am sure I could have gone higher but I wanted a fast sell. I dont think the dealer would be any better. Some owners even keep the stockers to use as winter setups or other setups for different terrains or seasons. I don't go that route so I wanted to sell them. I would try and sell locally if you have a large enough market otherwise it may be difficult.

Last edited by Jackal01; 02-06-2013 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Please read the rules and guidelines. There are stickies dedicated to wheels and and tires thus I merged your thread with thi
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #138
jch3CJ7
1955 CJ5 

Would -18 offset stick out really far? Looking at the 18x9 Addicts which I've found in 0 offset and -18
jch3CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #139
jch3CJ7
1955 CJ5 

Actually -12 and +18 so I think I would probably go with the -12. Sorry I'm new to the WK2 stuff. Picked up my 2012 Overland yesterday. So excited
jch3CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #140
MartyA
2012 WK 

I posted a thread to the wheel and tire sizes thread about getting my Nitto Terra Grappler 275/55/20's installed. I'm not going to repost the full content but for those interested the post is here.

Just to shortcut, these are mounted on the stock rims with no spacers and the RRO leveling kit installed.

Oh, and I sold my originals (with 10k miles) on Craigslist for $275.
20130210_124335.jpg  
MartyA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #141
shmoods
2014 WK 

Wheel Options?

I just ordered a 2014 Black Overland, and Im thinking about replacing the wheels with the Lexani Lust. Thoughts or suggestions? I don't want to go with straight black wheels, so I thought two tone might be nice.
lexanicv4blkmach.jpg  
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #142
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

Is that a 20x9?
OtisDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #143
shmoods
2014 WK 

I believe they are stock 20 x 8.5.
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #144
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

20x9 +35 FR Viper Reps 275/55/20 Non-QL with Firestone Destination le2's <--- Amazing tire so far 10x quieter than my winter set of Firestone Winterforce UV's

The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #145
brn2skifst
2012 WK 

http://www.autowaretech3.net/nextwhe...rfplustire.htm
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Two helpful tools for selecting wheels and tires. The first one will give you a pic of your vehicle with several wheels that fit. The second one is a fitment chart. You enter stock data in the left box and what you want to go to in the right box. It will give you approximations of what will fit. Nice tool.
brn2skifst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #146
boyvan
2012 WK 

Hi guys....I have a winter tire question. I went through this thread and a lot of good tires but I didn't see any winter tire related discussion.

Currently I have 265-50r20 OEM. Can you please suggest a good snow/ice tire? In Vancouver, BC it doesn't snow much but when it does it becomes slushy and very slippery. I drive a lot on the highway so would also like to keep the noise to a minimum. This year I am also planning to go up to the local mountains and maybe test the Jeep in some real snow and try skiing

Thx.
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #147
brn2skifst
2012 WK 

I have the blizzak DM-V1 in 255/55 20. I went a little narrower and taller for snows. I am a fan of blizzaks but there are a lot of guys that swear by Nokians. I don't think you would be disappointed with either.
brn2skifst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #148
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn2skifst View Post
I have the blizzak DM-V1 in 255/55 20. I went a little narrower and taller for snows. I am a fan of blizzaks but there are a lot of guys that swear by Nokians. I don't think you would be disappointed with either.
I was doing my own research on winter tires, especially the two you mentioned and came across this video on Nokians. At 0:36 - to me it seemed like the truck they are showing with these tires on skidded but of course the editing was done and that part was cut. I thought it was funny. Anyways.....Blizzak has good reviews though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GnbhGENcnzM
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #149
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I've run Blizzak DM-V1 for two winters now and have never been disappointed. Don't think I ever spun a wheel and dry road traction is adequate. They do get a little noisy on the highway and wear pretty quick if run much above 50 degrees. Several folks here run them in the winter.

For more all season with decent winter capability, I use Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 on the liberty and Firestone Winterforce UVs on the WJ. Both excellent tires, dunno if they come in a size you like.
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #150
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
I've run Blizzak DM-V1 for two winters now and have never been disappointed. Don't think I ever spun a wheel and dry road traction is adequate. They do get a little noisy on the highway and wear pretty quick if run much above 50 degrees. Several folks here run them in the winter.

For more all season with decent winter capability, I use Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 on the liberty and Firestone Winterforce UVs on the WJ. Both excellent tires, dunno if the come in a size you like.
I have used Hankook on my CRV and was very impressed with it....no complaints at all.

Since I have never owned a true 4x4 so thought to ask what others used on their GCs in the real world. Other reviews also mentioned that Blizzak tend to get noisy and that is the only thing that is stopping me since I drive a lot on the highways.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.