Wheel and Tire Discussions - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Discussions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineROCKRIDGE 4WD Newsletter about to hit your Inbox! Just in FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #661
slimothy

Same deal in Brooklyn. Thanks for the feedback

slimothy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #662
Aquaforest

Does anyone know what is the largest tire that will fit on the stock 18" 2014 limited rim? thanks!
Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #663
jeeprenzag
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
Replaced the stock Michelin Latitudes with the Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure w/ Kevlar, kept the fitment stock @ 265/60/18.
Rasta,
Can you give us an update on these tires? How has the noise been in the cabin? You still happy with them? Have you noticed any mpg drop? Any chance you could share another pic of the entire side of the vehicle in the daylight with the tires? Seriously thinking about purchasing these tires and would appreciate any additional feedback you can provide.
Thanks!
JR
jeeprenzag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #664
rasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprenzag
Rasta, Can you give us an update on these tires? How has the noise been in the cabin? You still happy with them? Have you noticed any mpg drop? Any chance you could share another pic of the entire side of the vehicle in the daylight with the tires? Seriously thinking about purchasing these tires and would appreciate any additional feedback you can provide. Thanks! JR
Love the tires.

They are as smooth as or smoother than the Michelin Lats that came stock. I've had no cabin noise or vibration like I did with the Duratracs I had on my previous truck.

Handling and traction has been great thus far. I've driven them in very heavy rain, through huge puddles (no hydro planing), as well as a couple inches of snow. Temps I tested in are 60-20.

Have not noticed a drop in mpg.

LOVE the way they look, much more aggressive than the Lats. Overall, very impressed.
image-89162468.jpg

image-2945049112.jpg

Unread 12-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #665
jeeprenzag
2012 WK 

[QUOTE=rasta;18502905]Love the tires.QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the additional feedback; very helpful.
jeeprenzag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #666
Aquaforest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmackin View Post
Look at the first post, I believe it puts all of the information together in one spot. The largest I was able to fit on my QL 2012 WK2 was 275/65R18.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Bill
Thanks, I'm actually looking to see what size tires will fit on the stock limited 18" rims.
Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #667
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Nevermind
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #668
ngebben7
2011 WK 

I found a set of 2013 JGC Overland stock rims/tires 265/50 R20 on Craigslist. Would these bolt on my 2011 JGC without any spacers, fit in the wheel wells, etc? Also...when going from the 18's on my GC to potentially 20's...what does that mean for towing? Does the shorter sidewall decrease towing capacity? We have a boat we tow in the Summer, so I can't afford to loose towing capacity.
ngebben7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #669
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The OEM tire sizes on OEM wheels have the same outline dimensions regardless of wheel diameter.

I have 20s that are XL rated, making them better for towing than 18s that are not XL rated. There are no differences in load carrying or tow capacity ratings as long as you stick with OEM sized tires with at least the same load rating (I think every name brand tire meets the WK2 load rating)

Two things to be careful, don't try to put OEM 17 inch wheel/tires on a WK2 with HD brakes. The SRT and SRT wheels are a different animal.
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #670
ferntree

2014 WK 

Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure

Anyone running these on a WK2 yet? Would love to get some feedback on them before I pull the trigger.
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #671
loveracing1988

There are a few people on the other forum running them and from what I see everyone loves them.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #672
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Find a good dealer

Who will stand behind what they sell. Goodyear isnt known for the quality control. I try to avoid Goodyear tires at all costs but I may have to seriously consider these when the Lats are worn down.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #673
Gunny7
2014 WK 

I drove my GC from the dealer to my tire store last Friday, Dec. 20.
Switched the stock Michelin latitudes out.
Installed Goodyear Wrangler Adventure with Kevlar, stock size. 265x60x18. Adventure package.
I had about 75 miles on the jeep mostly highway some street.
The Jeep drove just as nice with the Goodyears as with the Michelins.
The Goodyears much more tire and on Tirerack rated much better.
Running 35 lbs cold.
Very nice tire.
Looks like it should be the stock tire to me.
Jeep Tire looking.
Gunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #674
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Why Its Not the Stock Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny7 View Post
I drove my GC from the dealer to my tire store last Friday, Dec. 20.
Switched the stock Michelin latitudes out.
Installed Goodyear Wrangler Adventure with Kevlar, stock size. 265x60x18. Adventure package.
I had about 75 miles on the jeep mostly highway some street.
The Jeep drove just as nice with the Goodyears as with the Michelins.
The Goodyears much more tire and on Tirerack rated much better.
Running 35 lbs cold.
Very nice tire.
Looks like it should be the stock tire to me.
Jeep Tire looking.

Fleet average mpgs under CAFE and Jeep may have gotten a good deal from Michelin. Have over 25K miles on the LAtitudes with no issues. Perform great on road and decent on unimproved dirt roads and across grassy fields etc. Latitudes will perform better on the street than the Gys. Tire Rack reviews are worthless since 90% of reviewers cant tell the difference between oversteer and understeer.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #675
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post

Fleet average mpgs under CAFE and Jeep may have gotten a good deal from Michelin. Have over 25K miles on the LAtitudes with no issues. Perform great on road and decent on unimproved dirt roads and across grassy fields etc. Latitudes will perform better on the street than the Gys. Tire Rack reviews are worthless since 90% of reviewers cant tell the difference between oversteer and understeer.
So you speak for the thousands of people on tire rack and have used both sets of tires on one vehicle to review them? Otherwise you are just speculating that the forteras aren't are good as the Michelins.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.