Wheel and Tire Discussions - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheel and Tire Discussions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thi

Unread 05-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #391
Brett1
2013 WK 

2013 Overland Tire help

I have a brand new overland and am about to move from Florida to Colorado (high country). Naturally I want to change out the tires to something more suitable for winter driving but still summer capable. I have chosen the Dueler AT Revo but for the life of me cannot figure out what size will work on the stock 20 inch rims without rubbing, etc. Anyone have this setup and what is the correct size? Any pics?

Last edited by Jackal01; 05-18-2013 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: There are threads dedicated to wheels and tires. Merged with one of them. Please read the Rules and Guidelines.
Brett1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #392
RageOfFury
2014 WK 

Someone on another forum installed Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor (awesome tire by the way) in 275/55/20 size. No rubbing at all.
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #393
fastdude007
2012 WK 

Tire input needed

I bought a set of 20x9 srt aftermarket rims and I'm looking to buy the cooper or Hankook tires in the size of 275/45/20 to put on my 2012 Jeep Grand cherokee laredo x. I have a separate set of winter tires on my old 18 inch rims and don't need winter performance out of the tires I'm buying.

Now before I get too many negative comments I like to share with everyone that my buddy has the same Jeep Cherokee and actually put on 20x10 srt aftermarket rims with 285/50/20 Michelin tires on it. I thought he is totally nuts, but these wheels and tires actually fit and there was enough space around the wheel wells and they look awesome. Personally I think 20x9 is large enough with 275's on it. Any thoughts or comments regarding tire choices?
fastdude007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #394
sac01
2011 WK 

My upgrade from 18" factory Laredo X wheels to 20" SRT replicas from Quadratec. Rubber is 275/55r20 Nitto TG's.
image.jpeg   photo.jpg  
sac01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #395
sac01
2011 WK 

My upgrade form 18" factory wheels to 20" SRT replicas from Quadratec. Tires are 275/55r20 Nitto TG's. No rubbing at all under normal driving conditions but shop did say that there may be slight rubbing if in a full turn under bumpy surface conditions. That will all be solved next week when I instal the RRO leveling kit.
image.jpeg   photo.jpg  
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #396
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac01 View Post
My upgrade form 18" factory wheels to 20" SRT replicas from Quadratec. Tires are 275/55r20 Nitto TG's. No rubbing at all under normal driving conditions but shop did say that there may be slight rubbing if in a full turn under bumpy surface conditions. That will all be solved next week when I instal the RRO leveling kit.
Nice Sac.
(2) 9s and (2) 10s? or did you do all 4 the same?
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #397
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKdeuce View Post
Nice Sac.
(2) 9s and (2) 10s? or did you do all 4 the same?
I went with all 9s since I like to rotate my tires with each oil change.
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #398
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Does anyone know if a 17" rim will fit on a '14 limited V6 ORA2, how do I find our if I have the HD brakes or should I be able to tell looking inside my 18" rims for clearance

Thx
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #399
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
Does anyone know if a 17" rim will fit on a '14 limited V6 ORA2, how do I find our if I have the HD brakes or should I be able to tell looking inside my 18" rims for clearance

Thx
I believe only the V8's get the HD brakes....more weight and power needs more stopping power. Not sure on the 2014 models though so I would check a couple sources to be sure.
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #400
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac01 View Post
so I would check a couple sources to be sure.

That is the point of his post.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #401
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post

Thx
If your rear brake rotors are vented, you have HD brakes. If solid then std brakes. So look at the edge and if it looks like two rotors with a vented sandwich, then they are vented. I posted a drawing awhile ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Unless there has been a recent running change, none of the Laredos have HD brakes (vented rears), just the Limited and Overland V8s.
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #402
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

Sac - Jeep looks good. Throw some RRO lift photos up when you get it done if you don't mind.

Are you putting it on or having it done?
OtisDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #403
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisDog1
Sac - Jeep looks good. Throw some RRO lift photos up when you get it done if you don't mind.

Are you putting it on or having it done?
Will do! I am putting it on with the help of bro-in-law who is a mechanic.
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #404
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
If your rear brake rotors are vented, you have HD brakes. If solid then std brakes. So look at the edge and if it looks like two rotors with a vented sandwich, then they are vented. I posted a drawing awhile ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Unless there has been a recent running change, none of the Laredos have HD brakes (vented rears), just the Limited and Overland V8s.
Thank you, I will check it out. I have a limited so prob a no go. I also looked yesterday and the clearance to the inside of the current 18's is pretty tight?

I appreciate the help!!
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #405
boyvan
2012 WK 

Hi guys....what is the difference between the two quotes given to me? As much as I like Sac01's tires.....I need to make sure I have good tires both on snow & ice. If I ever get stuck....then it won't be easy for me to just walk out of the truck and start shoveling.

First quote is: $2,111.32
Second quote is: 2,320.72
Difference: $209.40

The guy is aware of my disability so that is why he suggested these two tires. I do trust the guy but I still wanted to know if anyone can explain the difference or has these tires. By the way....he said these are two different tires but I don't see the difference other than the price.
quote-1.gif   quote-2.gif  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.