wheel question on custom order WK2 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > wheel question on custom order WK2

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 03-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
I do like the black MOPAR wheels!
But I opted for some polished aluminum 18" wheels from the JK Sahara....
Now do you have any clearance or rubbing issues with that combination?

IIRC, those tires are 32.1" which is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Unread 03-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #17
silver04
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
I do like the black MOPAR wheels!
But I opted for some polished aluminum 18" wheels from the JK Sahara....
Those are sweet! whats the backspacing, specs?
silver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #18
JayB

The wheels are 18x7.5 with ~45mm backspace (I think it says 45.6 or 44.6 or something on the actual wheel. can't remember off hand). The back of the wheel spokes barely clear the calipers. We are probably talking less than 1/4" of clearance.
Tires are 255/70/18. so yes, 32.1" diameter (815mm). I'm giving up a little bit in tired width, but it still looks and feels good. No clearance issues at all. That picture is with Quadra Lift @ Normal Ride Height. I have heard/read somewhere that the WK2 can definitely accept any tire up to 800mm diameter. These are 15mm more and I don't have issues. That may change with increased width. I plan to put on 275/65/18 tires on when I burn through these (same diameter, 0.8" more width) and I don't plan on having any issues based on what I've read. But we'll see...... (possibly depends on actual tire selected since it's pretty close)
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.