What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ??? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ???

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #76
Gran_Paradiso
2014 Overland HEMI

2014 WK 

I got another month on my free trial. Is it best to start negotiating now or wait closer to the end of my free trial?

Gran_Paradiso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #77
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Paradiso View Post
I got another month on my free trial. Is it best to start negotiating now or wait closer to the end of my free trial?
I waited for their offer that's why they are down to $75 a month. I told them that I am not interested and they kept on lowering their prices. They don't seem to accept no for an answer (good for us I guess)

So I would wait for their call. If you call them then they know you want their service.
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #78
Rollin
2005 WK 

I'm still on the previous owner's subscription on my WK2. Thats the best kind of subscription too. Some days I wonder when she will notice...

Imported from Detroit
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #79
Gran_Paradiso
2014 Overland HEMI

2014 WK 

I settled for $85/yr plus taxes and music fee. Total $96 and change. I did this three weeks ago and my free time ran out on the 9th.
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #80
mturo

$30 for 6 months
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #81
FireRunt
2014 WK 

I actually had Jeep pay for my Sirius Subscription....

I did a 39 Month Lease. Part of my negotiation was that I wanted Sirius for the Life of the Lease and the UConnect plan for the life of the lease as well before I signed anything.
FireRunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #82
Webb
2012 WK 

Quote:
I settled for $85/yr plus taxes and music fee. Total $96 and change. I did this three weeks ago and my free time ran out on the 9th.
What's music fee ? Traffic or weather included ?
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #83
Gran_Paradiso
2014 Overland HEMI

2014 WK 

Its a music royalty fee Sirius offsets with its subscribers. I think it started this year and its like 12% or so of the subscription fee.
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #84
Raptor

Quote:
Yes I did the same. $85.00/yr + about ~$10.00 for music royalty fees, (Something new this year?) for a grand total of $96.59 for one full year.

Probably should have done another 6 months for $32.00 though!
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #85
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Just renewed in my wife's car - $25 for five months.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #86
tomdietrying

Question Sirius subsciption - old owner or mine?

I just purchased a 2011 Overland a few weeks ago. I didn't realize it came with Sirius for about two days. Now, I'm the third owner of this vehicle in it's short 2 year old life. My question........every time a Sirius vehicle is sold, no matter how many times it has been sold, do you get a 1 year free subscription?

I could call Sirius, but I'm afraid they might cancel it and make me pay for the service. One more question........I have a lifetime subscription on my other vehicle. I know you can switch service to another Sirius radio three times on a life-time subscription. Someone from Sirius told me years ago you cannot transfer service to a new vehicle with Sirius. I would have to buy a radio from a stereo place, get it installed, and then switch my service. That seems crazy to me, but I can also see them trying to get more money out of a customer this way. Does this sound correct?

Thanks for your help with this.

Tom

Last edited by tomdietrying; 09-15-2013 at 05:15 PM..
tomdietrying is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #87
jacko15
2014 WK 

Sirius/XM won't give you anything for free. If the service is working, use it till it runs out, and if you really want it, negotiate. Lots of info on that here. Haven't had any experience with the lifetime sub, but with them, worst case is usually what you get. Good luck!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #88
boyvan
2012 WK 

$60 for 12 months.
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #89
tivoboy

honestly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyvan View Post
$60 for 12 months.
Honestly? that's the lowest I have ever heard for 12 month, a new record. Can you tell us what the program was or how you got this offer? Was it a six months free upfront for a new car new radio and then 60$ for the remainder or something like that.
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #90
Tseg
2014 WK 

I had 3+ years of Sirius left on my GMC trade in when I got my Jeep that had 1 year free service. I called Sirius and asked for a refund on the GMC balance and they said "no", could only transfer to another radio. Since my Jeep service was free for 1 year I never got around to switching my other service from my trade-in over to the Jeep or any other radio. Out of the blue this week I got a check from Sirious/XM for ~$350 with no explanation. I cashed the check and will have to re-up with my Jeep when that service expires in about 8 months.
Tseg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.