What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ??? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ???

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #46
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesmp View Post
to: boyvan

My subscription ended on 1 May. No discounts or special offers - so far. I'll wait and really not missing it much.
Thanks. I am sure you will get something in the mail soon. I am on the same boat....I can definitely live without it as I only listen to 4-5 channels (just because I have it). Keep us posted if you get something. Thx.

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #47
Kev M
2012 WK 

Yeah, if they don't offer you what you want, hang up and call again.

Seriously there's no rhyme or reason to what they do sometimes.

For instance.

Early last week I called to "cancel" expecting they'd offer and I'd settle for that $77/year offer that we all hear about so often (and that I used for our Nissan Juke last year).

But no - they were like ok - it's shut off.

Then FRIDAY I check the mail and I've got TWO offers - one addressed to my wife for the Juke and one addressed to me for the Jeep. The Jeep is a BS, full price offer, $14.something per month etc. The one for the JUKE is for $25 for 6 months.

So my wife calls planning on saying "hey we got an offer for x" and BEFORE SHE CAN EVEN ASK the guy on the other end of the phone OFFERS HER THAT.

Morons....

Seriously, if they had one reasonable fee I'd just pay it.... like $50/year, or a multi-year package at a discount, no problem. But I'm not paying $180/year or 77/year if I KNOW people are paying $25 for 6 months.

Seriously makes me hate their business practices and makes me reluctant to do business with them.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #48
peckmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
Yeah, if they don't offer you what you want, hang up and call again.

Seriously there's no rhyme or reason to what they do sometimes.

For instance.

Early last week I called to "cancel" expecting they'd offer and I'd settle for that $77/year offer that we all hear about so often (and that I used for our Nissan Juke last year).

But no - they were like ok - it's shut off.

Then FRIDAY I check the mail and I've got TWO offers - one addressed to my wife for the Juke and one addressed to me for the Jeep. The Jeep is a BS, full price offer, $14.something per month etc. The one for the JUKE is for $25 for 6 months.

So my wife calls planning on saying "hey we got an offer for x" and BEFORE SHE CAN EVEN ASK the guy on the other end of the phone OFFERS HER THAT.

Morons....

Seriously, if they had one reasonable fee I'd just pay it.... like $50/year, or a multi-year package at a discount, no problem. But I'm not paying $180/year or 77/year if I KNOW people are paying $25 for 6 months.

Seriously makes me hate their business practices and makes me reluctant to do business with them.
Agreed. When I was talking to their rep I asked why they play these games. I said that if they priced the product more reasonable they would have more subscribers. They beam the signal no matter how many people sign up so their cost doesn't change. I tried to get the $79 for a year but they refused. Then a week later I get the $25 for 6 months offer so I took it. I guess the people at XM can't do the math.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #49
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Message for Sirius

I got message on my radio last week that my free trial was going to ened soon and to contact them so I did. They offered 6 mos at $25 but wouldnt do 12 mos at $50. I got the impression that 6mos at $25 was a one time offer. I also got an email. I wonder if they make any money from having Howard Stern who hasnt had a new bit since he was in Dc area back in the mid to late 70's. His best bit was when he called Air Florida the morning after their palce crashed into the Potmac and asked if they had any flights to the 14st bridge ie the bridge the plane just missed.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #50
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckmv View Post
Agreed. When I was talking to their rep I asked why they play these games. I said that if they priced the product more reasonable they would have more subscribers. They beam the signal no matter how many people sign up so their cost doesn't change. I tried to get the $79 for a year but they refused. Then a week later I get the $25 for 6 months offer so I took it. I guess the people at XM can't do the math.
Just a SWAG, but I SUSPECT the number of people who just don't give a crap and renew at $180 year after year far outnumber us tightwad curmudgeons who push for the deal each year.

And as you said, they beam the signal out either way, so what extra they get from us is just extra.

Dave - sure the $25/6m thing MAY be temporary, but they've been offering the $77/year thing for a number of years now. They've had SOME sort of promotional offer as long as I can remember.
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #51
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

$77

I had the $77 on my Element. I am just waiting for their best offer. Or I take $25 for 6mos and pay by check.
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #52
Kev M
2012 WK 

Yup, we told them to send us a bill...
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #53
MickinNY
2013 WK 

I still remember when Sirius signed Howard Stern for a cool $500 million & told myself no way in hell I'd pay to listen to the radio. But I must admit I do enjoy some of the music stations they offer.
This thread offers some good advice. So when my free trial is up in Dec., I'll play their game & get the best deal I can. I can live with $25 for 6 mo. Or $77 a year. I can also live with going back to FM if I feel the price they offer is too high.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #54
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Kind of miss

On road trips trying to find a classic rock station. Miss the local flavor etc and finding out DC area DJs that are now working in some down market station.

Now on road trips I just listen to Radio Margaritaville.

I used to have all the classic rock stations memorized between DC and Road Atlanta, DC and Mid Ohio and DC and Watkins Glen. Back 35 years ago knew the rock stations between DC and Daytona and DC and Sebring.
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #55
eibyer

Has anyone tried to haggle with them based on Pandora annual subscription? They can stick Howard Stern somewhere if they bring him up LOL.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #56
04Sahara
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyvan View Post
No Canadian input on this?
The 1-year SiriusXM free trial is expiring at the end of July for my 2013 Grand Cherokee and I am curious if you have managed to negotiate a better deal with them to continue your service.

I recently recieved two notices, the first one urging me to sign up for $15.99/month or $175.89/year (automatically billed in total in advance on a recurring basis) plus taxes and fees. The second is for $9.99 for the first 3 months.

Then there are three Package & Plan offers a follows: (a) Monthly Select [Cost] $15.99 [Total Payment] Credit Card $19.96 incl. taxes and fees (b) Quarterly Select [Cost] $9.99/month for first three months [Total Payment] Best Deal Credit Card $37.15 incl. taxes and fees and thirdly (c) Annual Select [Cost] $175.89 [Total Payment] Credit Card $211.91 incl. taxes and fees.

So, would any of these most recent offers appear to be a good enough deal to continue their service?
04Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #57
boyvan
2012 WK 

04Sahara - My deal is expiring after yours, I was just being proactive. But after reading these posts and talking to couple of local Sirius subscribers, I am thinking that even Sirius wants to charge more to Canadians. I can maybe understand us paying more for gas or milk but not sure what Sirius' excuse will be. Satellite in space over Canada costs more money? I am sure they will have better excuses.

Anyways....I personally think you should wait. Sounds like they are already negotiating. Most people on this thread mentioned that they get the second low offer if/when Sirius doesn't hear back from them. Now it all depends on you how long are you willing to wait. I could be wrong but I noticed that price is drastically reduced when a subscription expires and then Sirius starts to send different offers to bring these customers back. I personally don't care much about Sirius....I got enough local stuff to listen to so I will see how low they can get before I will sign up again. An acquaintance of mine is paying $99 for 12 months. That's not bad compared to what they have offered you so far.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #58
04Sahara
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can wait for as long as it takes. We are currently only using it for the 60's 'oldies' channel just because it's on the 1-year free trial other than that I really couldn't care less, but if they were to eventually make me an offer I couldn't refuse...then maybe, but somehow I don't see that happening. So, in that case, let them keep beaming their signal my way but I probably won't be participating financially in helping to fund their costs to do that.

Thanks for your reply and pls let me know if they eventually offer you a deal that's "too good to be true", I'd be interested in hearing about it.
04Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #59
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Just bought my 05 in December and had the free 3 month trial. I sat on the offers they sent me up until maybe a week before it was to expire. Before I could call, the bf called and negotiated about $8 a month for a good majority of all the music channels with a year subscription. (Nice surprise for me) After talking with patients of mine and seeing this post, it seems that Sirius is just like cable or phone companies. If you threaten to leave, they'll lower your price. Now, at least I know if I wait for a few I can renew even lower.. If it weren't for the fact that my GC doesn't have a aux in already installed, I would've stuck with Pandora or my iPod.

But I do love me some 80s on 8!!
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #60
boyvan
2012 WK 

So it begins.....as expected I got SiriusXM letter telling me that my service is expiring and their offer is $2.49 / month for the first three month. After that it goes up to $14.66 / month.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.