What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ???

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #31
Webb
2012 WK 

I guess they don't have standards for renewing the service uh ? It's all over the place depends on who calls.

Unread 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
Alaska-HWY JK

3 letters with $135-$175 which I ignored. Then they started phoning. I just cancelled my other sat subscriptions. $75 + taxes for a year now. ($97) and $50 + taxes on subsequent radios. My wife wanted it in her GC so I renewed hers after it expired. I hate those guys.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #33
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernestd View Post
Paid $144.00 for a 3 year subscription.
Can you pass along any details?
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #34
rs153719

I let my free trail run out. Sirius kept calling with deals and I said that I'm not interested at that price. Finally after 1.5 months they called and offered me 6-months for $26+tax which came to be $32... They want your business so just name the price. If they say we can't do that then just say "no thanks." They'll keep going lower.
rs153719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #35
KickRocks
2013 WK 

I'm going to shoot for the $4 a month deal when it's my time
KickRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #36
peckmv

When my free subscription ran out I offered them $80 for a year and they said no. I let it lapse and they kept calling me to sign up. Again I offered $80 for a year and they said no. Waited another month and they called and offered $25 for 6 months. I took it and will cancel unless they continue it for the same price. They should have taken my first offer. No wonder they are in sad shape.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #37
boyvan
2012 WK 

I am interested in hearing from the Canadian subscribers too? I doubt these prices are good in Canada. Mine is expiring in 3 months so want to do my HW beforehand. Thx.
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #38
gtanty

Sirius

I let mine run out earlier in the month. Got the yellow letter offerring a year @ 1/2 price - $8.07 / month. Didn't bite. Got a call offering 6 months @ $29. Took that one. If you do note it goes to the automatic 6 month renewals after that so make sure you cancel afew days before that happens. Then be without for a week or two and start the process again. Time consuming? Sure, but I'm retired. Might take that annual deal next time.

According to an earlier thread on this, everyone gets a yellow letter after the free trial.
gtanty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #39
rsteps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtanty
I let mine run out earlier in the month. Got the yellow letter offerring a year @ 1/2 price - $8.07 / month. Didn't bite. Got a call offering 6 months @ $29. Took that one. If you do note it goes to the automatic 6 month renewals after that so make sure you cancel afew days before that happens. Then be without for a week or two and start the process again. Time consuming? Sure, but I'm retired. Might take that annual deal next time.

According to an earlier thread on this, everyone gets a yellow letter after the free trial.
6 months. $25 with waiver of activation fee of $15. That's the best you can do. I've been seeing offers come and go for the last 2 months.
rsteps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #40
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyvan View Post
I am interested in hearing from the Canadian subscribers too? I doubt these prices are good in Canada. Mine is expiring in 3 months so want to do my HW beforehand. Thx.
No Canadian input on this?
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #41
modernblueWK

I activated the radio in my WK xmas of 2011 when I got a sat radio for my work vehicle as a gift. The people you talk to first are in the Philippines or Egypt. They dont give deals, they arent allowed to. Tell them you want to cancel and they will escalate your call to somebody in the USA or canada. Those guys will give you 1yr for $70. I renewed both my radios at that rate about two weeks ago. There are better deals out there but they dont send me mailers anymore.

This is for mostly music BTW.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #42
eibyer

My service just expired 4/24, I got an offer in the mail today for $30 for 6 months. They had to put it in large type that it's only costing me $4.99 per month.

Sitting on this for now, maybe it will get sweeter, or not.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #43
hobbie1
2011 WK 

We plan on keeping the Jeep for at least 10 years - Started to cancel and ended up with a lifetime subscription at $699 - paid over 5 payments. this is good for us as we usually pass the Grands down to someone in the family when I get the itch - of course there's not many scratches left maybe one more as I'll be 67 when the Jeep is 10 years old - if you know what I mean.
2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #44
bdesmp
2011 WK 

to: boyvan

My subscription ended on 1 May. No discounts or special offers - so far. I'll wait and really not missing it much.
bdesmp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #45
modernblueWK

I have 4 fm stations where i live so XM is critical for survival.

Call and ask to cancel. Ask for the year price. Anything less than $8 per month for a year is pretty good.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.