What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ???

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
Webb
2012 WK 

What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ???

I'm up on 3/10 getting the same letter $14.99 monthly,I called them and explained that I don't listen to sports/news/Howard etc...Just music,still I was told the price is the same.So no negotiation ?

Unread 03-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Ive know people to negotiate down to as low as 6 bucks a month... I wouldnt do it for 14.99 a month in that case i would just listen to pandora if u have a space (smart) phone
FranksWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
TAWS600

I cancelled a radio when I sold a car and I keep getting renewal offers monthly for 4.17/month for 6 months to come back.
TAWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
jacko15
2014 WK 

I got rid of Sirius/XM years ago. I only listened to one station, and after a while I could tell it was on a loop. I use an mp3 player plugged into the aux. jack on my present car, but have ordered a new JGC with the RA4 radio. I'll use up the free service, but the hard drive will hold my entire music collection, so that will be all I need. As Frank says, you can stream from your phone. If you're set on satellite radio, when you call to renew, tell them you want to cancel. They will put you through to a customer retention rep. Tell them you know of people posting on forums that get the service for around $77 a year. Be careful, they want a credit card number, and when you're close to expiration, they will auto renew you at full price, so call well in advance and remove your card from their files. This has worked for many people in the past. Good luck!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
Webb
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAWS600 View Post
I cancelled a radio when I sold a car and I keep getting renewal offers monthly for 4.17/month for 6 months to come back.
$4.17 a month ? So after 6 months how much would be ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
I got rid of Sirius/XM years ago. I only listened to one station, and after a while I could tell it was on a loop. I use an mp3 player plugged into the aux. jack on my present car, but have ordered a new JGC with the RA4 radio. I'll use up the free service, but the hard drive will hold my entire music collection, so that will be all I need. As Frank says, you can stream from your phone. If you're set on satellite radio, when you call to renew, tell them you want to cancel. They will put you through to a customer retention rep. Tell them you know of people posting on forums that get the service for around $77 a year. Be careful, they want a credit card number, and when you're close to expiration, they will auto renew you at full price, so call well in advance and remove your card from their files. This has worked for many people in the past. Good luck!
Yeah I can use Pandora etc... Via BT but the sounds is not as good,if I renew it I will ask for a monthly statement and pay by check.To avoid scams with auto renew.
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
TAWS600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb

$4.17 a month ? So after 6 months how much would be ?
I assume it would go to standard pricing. I'm thinking about calling to get the deal. When I bought my wk2 the Sirius worked. I don't know if it was some trial or the previous owner never cancelled. Either way I liked it so I want to set it up again.

Last edited by Jackal01; 03-02-2013 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: fixed your broken quote
TAWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
...if I renew it I will ask for a monthly statement and pay by check.To avoid scams with auto renew.
I think your best bet will be to pay for a whole year, but the trick is to get through to a customer retention rep. the sales reps. don't have the authority to do any bargaining.
Unread 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

They kept calling me and I haggled them down to two installments of $24.99 for a year awesome deal IMO
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
Kev M
2012 WK 

Definitely pay by check, but watch the paperwork as the users agreement says that you renew automatically if you don't cancel so they can try to bill you next year.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Ernestd
2011 WK 

$7 a month here
Ernestd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Raptor

My free sirius subscription is about to end (1year) I haven't had any renewal contact from Sirius thru the mail, but my 730N did flash a reminder text that scrolled on the screen of the radio recently. Any recomendations on how to renew cheaply? Call them? Wait for it to turn Off? Then call?
Raptor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

My 1 year trial was supposed to end 01/03/13. It just stopped working last Saturday. I'm sure Sirius will be sending me some deals soon.
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
rmcalis
2011 WK 

If you listen to music only, you can buy the 'Mostly music' package which costs about $10 a month full price.
rmcalis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #14
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

$4.16 a month + tax and fees, so $25 for 6 months with tax and fees came out to $30. I'll have to cancel when 6 months are up and renogotiate. Paid by debit card, but told them to send renewal offer in mail. They told me that will cost $2.00 (except it's waived in certain states), but if I cancel just before it expires, they won't send renewal or charge the extra $2.
jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #15
jacko15
2014 WK 

Sirius/XM has a business model of nickle and diming their customers any way they can think to do it. I admit the service itself is quite nice, but doing business with them feels like a part time job, and is a pain in the a**. Why don't they just find a fair price point and do business in a straight forward manner? Haggling with them, and trying to avoid extra charges is just medieval.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.