JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ??? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/what-kind-deal-you-got-renew-sirius-1486736/)

Webb 03-02-2013 07:16 AM

What kind of deal you got to renew Sirius ???

I'm up on 3/10 getting the same letter $14.99 monthly,I called them and explained that I don't listen to sports/news/Howard etc...Just music,still I was told the price is the same.So no negotiation ?

FranksWK 03-02-2013 07:43 AM

Ive know people to negotiate down to as low as 6 bucks a month... I wouldnt do it for 14.99 a month in that case i would just listen to pandora if u have a space (smart) phone :)

TAWS600 03-02-2013 08:16 AM

I cancelled a radio when I sold a car and I keep getting renewal offers monthly for 4.17/month for 6 months to come back.

jacko15 03-02-2013 08:27 AM

I got rid of Sirius/XM years ago. I only listened to one station, and after a while I could tell it was on a loop. I use an mp3 player plugged into the aux. jack on my present car, but have ordered a new JGC with the RA4 radio. I'll use up the free service, but the hard drive will hold my entire music collection, so that will be all I need. As Frank says, you can stream from your phone. If you're set on satellite radio, when you call to renew, tell them you want to cancel. They will put you through to a customer retention rep. Tell them you know of people posting on forums that get the service for around $77 a year. Be careful, they want a credit card number, and when you're close to expiration, they will auto renew you at full price, so call well in advance and remove your card from their files. This has worked for many people in the past. Good luck!

Webb 03-02-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAWS600 (Post 15064218)
I cancelled a radio when I sold a car and I keep getting renewal offers monthly for 4.17/month for 6 months to come back.

$4.17 a month ? :( So after 6 months how much would be ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 15064256)
I got rid of Sirius/XM years ago. I only listened to one station, and after a while I could tell it was on a loop. I use an mp3 player plugged into the aux. jack on my present car, but have ordered a new JGC with the RA4 radio. I'll use up the free service, but the hard drive will hold my entire music collection, so that will be all I need. As Frank says, you can stream from your phone. If you're set on satellite radio, when you call to renew, tell them you want to cancel. They will put you through to a customer retention rep. Tell them you know of people posting on forums that get the service for around $77 a year. Be careful, they want a credit card number, and when you're close to expiration, they will auto renew you at full price, so call well in advance and remove your card from their files. This has worked for many people in the past. Good luck!

Yeah I can use Pandora etc... Via BT but the sounds is not as good,if I renew it I will ask for a monthly statement and pay by check.To avoid scams with auto renew.

TAWS600 03-02-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webb

$4.17 a month ? :( So after 6 months how much would be ?

I assume it would go to standard pricing. I'm thinking about calling to get the deal. When I bought my wk2 the Sirius worked. I don't know if it was some trial or the previous owner never cancelled. Either way I liked it so I want to set it up again.

jacko15 03-02-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webb (Post 15064369)
...if I renew it I will ask for a monthly statement and pay by check.To avoid scams with auto renew.

I think your best bet will be to pay for a whole year, but the trick is to get through to a customer retention rep. the sales reps. don't have the authority to do any bargaining.

TheSiltSurfer 03-02-2013 01:50 PM

They kept calling me and I haggled them down to two installments of $24.99 for a year awesome deal IMO

Kev M 03-02-2013 02:54 PM

Definitely pay by check, but watch the paperwork as the users agreement says that you renew automatically if you don't cancel so they can try to bill you next year.

Ernestd 03-02-2013 03:05 PM

$7 a month here

Raptor 03-02-2013 04:33 PM

My free sirius subscription is about to end (1year) I haven't had any renewal contact from Sirius thru the mail, but my 730N did flash a reminder text that scrolled on the screen of the radio recently. Any recomendations on how to renew cheaply? Call them? Wait for it to turn Off? Then call?

BobsWK2 03-02-2013 05:02 PM

My 1 year trial was supposed to end 01/03/13. It just stopped working last Saturday. I'm sure Sirius will be sending me some deals soon.

rmcalis 03-02-2013 08:28 PM

If you listen to music only, you can buy the 'Mostly music' package which costs about $10 a month full price.

jgc4ever 03-02-2013 11:01 PM

$4.16 a month + tax and fees, so $25 for 6 months with tax and fees came out to $30. I'll have to cancel when 6 months are up and renogotiate. Paid by debit card, but told them to send renewal offer in mail. They told me that will cost $2.00 (except it's waived in certain states), but if I cancel just before it expires, they won't send renewal or charge the extra $2.

jacko15 03-03-2013 08:01 AM

Sirius/XM has a business model of nickle and diming their customers any way they can think to do it. I admit the service itself is quite nice, but doing business with them feels like a part time job, and is a pain in the a**. Why don't they just find a fair price point and do business in a straight forward manner? Haggling with them, and trying to avoid extra charges is just medieval.

The time now is 06:04 PM.