What to do about my 2013 Overland?! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What to do about my 2013 Overland?!

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off Road

Unread 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #46
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarobapp View Post
And if he is being difficult, just tell him you will call the local news station down so you can tell everyone what great customer service they give to their customers, and that they hire kids to take care of $45,000 vehicles.
That is just stupid. Those Investigative Reporters are jokes. Luckily nobody has to answer to them. I would hope the news would have a better story than dealing with a customer that is getting a free vehicle and whines that he has to drive a van. Get over it. This is Jeep...not a luxury brand. They are fixing your Jeep, keeping it off CarFax, gave you a VEHICLE to use all free of charge. Sounds like a good deal to me. Then again, I think I am rather level headed here and just glad I woke up this morning with my good health. Y'all can stress over dirty car parts on your seats and that you have to drive a mommy-car.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #47
tarobapp
2014 WK 

well, let me ask you this. If he went through insurance, doesn't the insurance cover a rental until the work is done? And seriously, car fax is not a huge thing. And they have to fix your Jeep. And, sorry to say, but it is a luxury vehicle, but my standards might be low
tarobapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #48
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
well, let me ask you this. If he went through insurance, doesn't the insurance cover a rental until the work is done? And seriously, car fax is not a huge thing. And they have to fix your Jeep. And, sorry to say, but it is a luxury vehicle, but my standards might be low
If they went through insurance, yes, he would get a rental.

Then the accident goes on CarFax and anyone who is looking to buy it or take it in on trade would see it and the value is diminished. If he insisted on insurance, the dealer probably would not agree to overlooking the damage if he trades it in there at a later date, they would go by the book value and what shows up on CarFax.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #49
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
My standards and expectations are very, very low. I expect nothing from people these days that way when something decent happens it is actually a great thing. Go figure. I have a base Laredo 4x4 so mine is definitely not luxury but I guess the only one I think is true luxury is the SRT8. The Overland and Summit are just "really nice". Semantics, I know.

To me Carfax isnt anything either but a couple people in here seemed to think it was an issue for it to go on CF. I prefer to avoid insurance whenever possible especially when the work needed isnt a whole lot, like in this case (at least to me). Granted he wouldn't be out of pocket for anything here if they did go the insurance route but since they aren't going that way they are still treating it like it is without obligation to.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #50
nyrhockey23

Quote:
yes, I am serious. Worked for me. How else are you going to get a big company to stop bullying you or not correcting a mistake they did themselves? is it your money?
how is the OP being bullied? because he has to drive a minivan?

are they not repairing his Jeep to correct the mistake they made?

what am i missing here.

What happened is unfortunate, but it happens and the dealer is giving him a pretty good deal all considered.

When it's all done the OP will have his Jeep back in pristine condition and no carfax report.

Last edited by Jackal01; 05-20-2013 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Edited for censor bypass.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #51
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
If the news even looked into it they would find that the dealership is going above and beyond what they are required to do to make the OP happy. Would be pretty good press for the dealer.
Seeing how the dealer was responsible for the accident & all the inconvenience that the OP has to go through, they had better go above & beyond on making him happy. Like they're somehow doing him a favor by doing so???? Get real.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #52
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
seriously, how are they going above and beyond? they said that they would fix it, which they should... WK2BOYEE is not asking for a new car. he stated that. he just wants his car fixed properly. What did the dealer offer above and beyond? It is the dealership, they should want to help their own customers, wouldn't you think? The guy is just asking for advice on how not to get screwed, not ripoff the dealership.
Spot on. Couldn't agree with you more.
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #53
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
I dont see why there is an issue with that stuff being on the leather. It's leather!! It's robust. It isnt like a old, metal, leaking gas can sitting on the seats or an open oil can.

It sounds like the shop is doing a good job at getting it back to looking stock.

Sent from my underground lair.
A better spot would have been the cargo area, not the seats. That's common sense.
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #54
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
Seeing how the dealer was responsible for the accident & all the inconvenience that the OP has to go through, they had better go above & beyond on making him happy. Like they're somehow doing him a favor by doing so???? Get real.
Because all they really need to do is hand over the contact and policy info for their insurance provider. Let him sort out a rental, let him handle the depreciation, finding a place that will overlook an accident upon trade in and let him deal with the loss when it is reported to CarFax.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #55
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

This thread explains why I change my own oil
1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #56
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
A better spot would have been the cargo area, not the seats. That's common sense.
Agreed but it doesn't justify the OP seeing a mistake and not correcting it in some fashion be it telling the GM, moving the items, etc. That is my point. A person sees a problem...fix it. Don't wait for it to get worse and then complain about it.

Unread 05-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #57
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

I keep seeing Carfax and insurance being mentioned together as if an insurance claim will automatically ding you with Carfax.

Just because you have insurance fix a vehicle, that doesn't automatically mean that there will be a Carfax report assigned to the repair.

I had over $25,000 worth of insurance repairs done to a vehicle (which was laid up in a shop for over 4 months) - it was all cosmetic damage.

Guess what, no carfax. I had a dealer run my VIN months later after I got the vehicle back and there was no record of anything.
xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #58
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
That is my point. A person sees a problem...fix it. Don't wait for it to get worse and then complain about it.
ED ZACHARY!
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #59
oldmac1
2014 WK 

When I had my 09 GC in for routine service they drove into the back of it and took a big chunk of paint and nicked the rear bumper. In my opinion they were careless and when I traded it in another dealer noted the damage to the rear bumper and the repair that was done. Needless to say they took money off my trade in for the damage that was caused by a competing dealer. Point is I lost 500 trade dollars and will not go back to the Jeep dealer that damaged my GC by being careless. So, when your car is hit, you lose.

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
oldmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #60
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post

ED ZACHARY!
Nobody else is being rude or calling names...literally. What's your problem?

Sent from my underground lair.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.