What to do about my 2013 Overland?! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What to do about my 2013 Overland?!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #31
boyvan
2012 WK 

I think I would be more concerned about the invisible damage. Their offer sounds good but like someone else said that the dealer wants to tie you down.

Unread 05-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #32
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyvan View Post
I think I would be more concerned about the invisible damage. Their offer sounds good but like someone else said that the dealer wants to tie you down.
How exactly is the dealer trying to tie him down?

They are fixing the Jeep and keeping from insurance and it won't be reported to CarFax so it won't turn up when the VIN is run.

I would simply make it a condition of the agreement that OP has it inspected at the shop of his choice after the repairs are completed.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #33
WK2BOYEE
2013 WK 

Quick Update,
I went stopped over to the body shop that has my Jeep to check on the status of the repair because it was supposed to be done by the weekend. Both driver's side doors were pulled off the Jeep and their contents were laying inside on my saddle leather (Wtf! Woosaw, deep cleansing breath, relax Tom..). The front fascia, fender cover, etc. was removed as well. The owner of the shop said it should be done on Tuesday or Wednesday. He also said that the dealership was giving him a hard time about the cost of the repair but he said he said he wasn't going to do a half-*** job on the Jeep and it's a lot of work to do the job properly. He's replacing both driver's side doors as well as the fender and replaced some retaining clips and brackets on the front but otherwise he said everything else looks good.
So, after leaving there, I went to the dealership to inquire if I could have something to drive besides the minivan they put me in since the repairs were taking longer than expected. They said sorry, nothing else is available?! Really?! Nothing on the lot?! Now I'm starting to get a little pissed! I didn't realize that my vehicle was going to be disassembled to this extent, they said initially that it was just a dented drivers side door and scraped fender but it seems like a little more than that. I should have taken some pics of the repair, especially with everything laying on my interior (speakers, wiring, trim, glass, etc.) in fact, I think I'll go back in the a.m. and do just that in the event that I have issues in the future or if they mark up my interior which, I'm glad I just conditioned it btw! I'm starting to get that uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach!
WK2BOYEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #34
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I dont see why there is an issue with that stuff being on the leather. It's leather!! It's robust. It isnt like a old, metal, leaking gas can sitting on the seats or an open oil can.

It sounds like the shop is doing a good job at getting it back to looking stock.

Sent from my underground lair.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #35
WK2BOYEE
2013 WK 

Ok, it's getting there! They said I should have it by Wednesday! Jackal01, have you actually seen the saddle leather interior? Good luck getting grease off of that! I should know, I own a small automotive and marine detail business that I run as a secondary biz. I can tell you that if they get grease on that type of leather it will never come out, ever. I'll have the dye the leather so, try to temper you sarcasm, please?
image-1.jpg   image.jpg  
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #36
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK2BOYEE View Post
Ok, it's getting there! They said I should have it by Wednesday! Jackal01, have you actually seen the saddle leather interior? Good luck getting grease off of that! I should know, I own a small automotive and marine detail business that I run as a secondary biz. I can tell you that if they get grease on that type of leather it will never come out, ever. I'll have the dye the leather so, try to temper you sarcasm, please?
Stop complaining, they're fixing it and your not paying for it. And as for the minivan be happy they even gave you anything to drive around while your Jeep's in the shop. You acting like a spoiled kid who isn't getting what they want, be happy with what they are doing for you because they didn't have to go to the extent that they are going.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #37
WK2BOYEE
2013 WK 

What's with the personal attacks?! How am I acting like a spoiled kid?! They broke it, they should fix it! They should give me something similar to drive, they displaced me from my vehicle. Also, TheBlueKJ, it's not a 2003 Liberty, it's a 2013 Overland, it was 49k, plus the rockrails, skid plates, CAI, tint, tires, etc and I bought it less than 4 months ago! I should be happy with what they're doing for me?! really?! I don't understand your logic at all. I asked for advice, not insults.
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #38
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK2BOYEE View Post
I wasn't sarcastic. I was 100% serious. You're in a good situation given the accident and the dealer ia taking care of you. You were apathetic so it will be your fault from the moment you first saw a clean seat if something was on there later. You failed to inform the shop or just move the stuff yourself. I dont see anything in your pictures that would leave grease behind. Put a towel down or move the parts. Nobody is perfect obviously. Cant always rely on someone to do the right thing, unfortunately.

Sent from my underground lair.

Edit: now that I see the pictures better on my computer I see a towel is down. Not all the way but it's a start. Did they do that or you? Either way good start.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #39
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Suck it up and drive the minivan...as for the seats, just tell them you don't like it being on your leather seats.
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #40
tarobapp
2014 WK 

Ok, Well WK2BOYEE, I have read through all of the posts and feel that I have to chime in. I think you are correct about everything. The people on here who are being sarcastic did not have this done to them, and you are asking for honest advice, not sarcasm. I totally understand your predicament, as I have been in your shoes. I have the exact same Model as you with the same color combination, but mine is a 2012. I would be extremely upset also. It is the responsibility of the dealership to fix it. One huge difference is that they don't want bad press. You trusted them to change your oil and not mess up your car. Always take pictures, I lesson I am sure you have learned by now. Second, Ask the person who is taking fixing your car not to put stuff on your seat, he should know better, and let the GM know about this situation. About the minivan, that totally sucks. But here is one thing I learned after buying my jeep. I went from an 2011 Acura MDX to a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and one thing I do miss about Acura and all of the other high end cars(BMW, Mercedes, AUDI, etc,) is that they always (or most of the time) give you a loaner car. Jeep doesn't always do that, which totally sucks because these are expensive vehicles. I would insist to the GM that he give you another jeep in the meanwhile or tell him to drive the minivan you are driving and take his company car, surely to be an overland or Summit. And if he is being difficult, just tell him you will call the local news station down so you can tell everyone what great customer service they give to their customers, and that they hire kids to take care of $45,000 vehicles. Dealerships always try to make money, which is their right. But they should also fix the problems that they create themselves honestly, which many times they don't, and the customer ends up paying for their mistakes. I don't think you asked for anything outrageous. But now don't let them walk all over you. And don't listen to the other people on here. You worked hard for your money, and bought an expensive car. bottom line. Since the dealership is paying out of their pocket, they will try to cut costs. Insurance would have paid for everything.
tarobapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #41
nyrhockey23

"And if he is being difficult, just tell him you will call the local news station down so you can tell everyone what great customer service they give to their customers. "

no way this is serious, right?
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #42
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

He's trading off not getting an exact replica as a loaner in return for the fix not showing up on any CarFax reports in the future. The dealer could have just processed it through insurance and given him exactly what is required under that agreement, but they are not doing so, which is a huge benefit to OP.
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #43
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrhockey23 View Post
"And if he is being difficult, just tell him you will call the local news station down so you can tell everyone what great customer service they give to their customers. "

no way this is serious, right?
If the news even looked into it they would find that the dealership is going above and beyond what they are required to do to make the OP happy. Would be pretty good press for the dealer.
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #44
tarobapp
2014 WK 

yes, I am serious. Worked for me. How else are you going to get a big company to stop bullying you or not correcting a mistake they did themselves? is it your money?
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #45
tarobapp
2014 WK 

seriously, how are they going above and beyond? they said that they would fix it, which they should... WK2BOYEE is not asking for a new car. he stated that. he just wants his car fixed properly. What did the dealer offer above and beyond? It is the dealership, they should want to help their own customers, wouldn't you think? The guy is just asking for advice on how not to get screwed, not ripoff the dealership.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.