What to do about my 2013 Overland?! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What to do about my 2013 Overland?!

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
WK2BOYEE
2013 WK 

Thanks for the replies. Here's my issue. I know accidents happen and, I understand that. However, the difference between parking my Jeep next to someone and getting "doored" or getting into an accident on my own is my fault, my issue and my responsibility. Taking my Jeep into the dealership for a simple oil change is another matter entirely. This happened thru no fault of my own, act of God or otherwise, I"m not asking for a brand new ride (2014) as I stated in my second post. I'd like a 2013 Overland, just like mine. I'm not demanding one though, I'm just stating that I'd prefer one like mine. I'm willing to take a reasonable amount for my current Overland and buy the new one (2013). Jackyl, As far as claiming my wanting a new ride is "ridiculous", I'll have to agree to disagree you. I don't want a repaired Jeep because I didn't wreck my Jeep, they did. I'm also not demanding they should give me a new one and yes they don't legally have to do so. I'm simply stating that I don't want mine back repaired, period. I know the body shop that does their work and the guy's a hack. It'll definitely not look like new. Also, when I go to trade it in, what about the fact that now I have a repaired vehicle?

WK2BOYEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #17
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

So if your neighbor had damaged your Jeep (through no fault of yours), you would be asking them for a new one?

If your issue is with the body shop, have it repaired where you want. AFAIK, there is no way for the at fault party's insurance to force you to a specific shop.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #18
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Let them repair the minor body damage and try to get something extra out of it. Its not like this happened while they're driving it out to you for the first time. You're already on your second oil change.
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #19
WK2BOYEE
2013 WK 

Update
I finally received a call from the GM today. He stated that they would be willing to repair the Jeep so it looks like "new". They are using a different body guy then the one I'm familiar with, apparently this is the guy they use for their new car "issues" because of his expertise. They're actually replacing my driver's side door, not repairing it as well as any other part that would need anything other that paint. He also stated that he'd give me an agreement in writing that he wouldn't penalize me for my vehicle when I trade it in. Lastly, he stated that he was paying for the work outright, he wasn't turning it into the insurance so it won't show up on a car fax. He stated that it will look like new and he wanted to be certain that I was happy with the work or I didn't have to accept the Jeep. I told him that I'd think it over and call him in the a.m.
Upon reflecting on this, I think he's being fair and I'm just going to take my Jeep providing that the work is acceptable. I'm a firm believer in karma and there's really no need for a new Jeep when I'm happy with mine. Thanks to all for your opinions and input. On a side note I'm seriously tired of "rolling" in a minivan!
WK2BOYEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #20
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Sounds like a good deal. Honestly i would've just told them to not fix the dents...rather just replace any dented part. Sounds like they're doing the right thing.
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #21
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Make sure

They dont enter anything in Carfax
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
Clemson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki
Sounds like a good deal. Honestly i would've just told them to not fix the dents...rather just replace any dented part. Sounds like they're doing the right thing.
Sounds like you have a great dealer who is stepping up to ensure you are happy. Good luck
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemson View Post
sounds like you have a great dealer who is stepping up to ensure you are happy. Good luck
+1

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #24
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
Sounds like you have a great dealer who is stepping up to ensure you are happy. Good luck
Saying it is one thing. Doing it is another. Guess we'll have to wait & see the final results. Good luck WK2BOYEE.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #25
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

i would want them to report it to carfax, and then go for diminished value. sounds like they are trying to lock you in to dealing with them at trade in time.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #26
Clemson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy
i would want them to report it to carfax, and then go for diminished value. sounds like they are trying to lock you in to dealing with them at trade in time.
Yep....that's it my friend.....everyone is out to screw you.
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #27
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
That makes zero sense.

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
Clemson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal01

that makes zero sense.
x2
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #29
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK2BOYEE
So, I took my 2013 Overland 5.7 into the dealership for just it's second oil change. They finished and I went to get my Jeep but they wanted to wash it for me. The kid runs it thru the car wash while I watch and backs it out. He gets out of my Jeep but apparently leaves it in Drive! I watch in stunned disbelief as he proceeds to run my virtually brand new Overland thru the car wash and into the wall! Result, damage to the front end and drivers side door. Long story short, they offered to fix it for me. However, I'm not crazy about having a repaired Jeep! Opinions? Suggestions?

Tom
If I was you I would be saying that I would like to see what the insurance company said what damage was done to your jeep ? When you said it drive it self into the wall was it wood or brick . Because if it was brick I would be looking under the jeep too for damage & in the engine bay . Did air bags go off and if not why ?
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #30
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK2BOYEE
Update
I finally received a call from the GM today. He stated that they would be willing to repair the Jeep so it looks like "new". They are using a different body guy then the one I'm familiar with, apparently this is the guy they use for their new car "issues" because of his expertise. They're actually replacing my driver's side door, not repairing it as well as any other part that would need anything other that paint. He also stated that he'd give me an agreement in writing that he wouldn't penalize me for my vehicle when I trade it in. Lastly, he stated that he was paying for the work outright, he wasn't turning it into the insurance so it won't show up on a car fax. He stated that it will look like new and he wanted to be certain that I was happy with the work or I didn't have to accept the Jeep. I told him that I'd think it over and call him in the a.m.
Upon reflecting on this, I think he's being fair and I'm just going to take my Jeep providing that the work is acceptable. I'm a firm believer in karma and there's really no need for a new Jeep when I'm happy with mine. Thanks to all for your opinions and input. On a side note I'm seriously tired of "rolling" in a minivan!
Get him to show you the quote from the penal shop . What was the damage to your jeep .
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.