What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 10-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #91
foolsparadise

2014 Summit

paid 48,300 for Summit 4x4 with V6, plus TTL in Houston Texas.

foolsparadise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #92
nyrhockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuber View Post
Affiliate pricing guarantees you will pay 1% under invoice at "most" dealers - call ahead and verify they are part of the affiliate program. Tread lightly gives you the affiliate pricing if you join at the $100 level. My dealer in Texas will give you 5.5% below invoice (with affiliate pricing). Great deal, and well worth the drive - will save you many thousands of dollars. PM me if you want the dealer info. I am flying from Minnesota to east Texas to get mine, and it will be well worth the savings.
So how much is the dealer paying you for referrals? since you've mentioned it 3x in the last 2 pages of this thread, are they also paying you for posts volume?
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #93
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuber View Post
Affiliate pricing guarantees you will pay 1% under invoice at "most" dealers - call ahead and verify they are part of the affiliate program. Tread lightly gives you the affiliate pricing if you join at the $100 level. My dealer in Texas will give you 5.5% below invoice (with affiliate pricing). Great deal, and well worth the drive - will save you many thousands of dollars. PM me if you want the dealer info. I am flying from Minnesota to east Texas to get mine, and it will be well worth the savings.
Don't forget about possible other discounts. The national Lease to Retail Conquest may apply to you. It does to my deal.
"Conquest Lease to Buy $1000 Cash Incentive. CLR=Customers currently leasing a competitive (not Chrysler Dodge or Jeep) get $1000 towards purchase. (Not Lease)"

Just had to show copy of active lease with my name (spouse works too) and the registration showing Infinity Leasing as the owner (fraud check), you do not have to be turning the lease vehicle in.

My actual deal (props to "shanhuber")....

2014 Overland Summit 4x4 V8 (WKJT74 w/ 27R package)

Invoice $51,829 (MSRP $54,890)
Less 5.5% ( 2,851)
Conquest $ ( 1,000)
Destination 995
Doc Fee 125
Net $49,098 (plus tax, title)

Last edited by 14summithemi; 10-13-2013 at 10:25 AM..
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #94
cqlink

Update on Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty: A few folks here mentioned they purchased theirs from Harold Zeiglar (online). Zeiglar is a Chrysler dealer. I received a quote from them of $2185.00. Online quotes from Detroit dealers were the same. I asked my dealer to beat $2000. I got the Lifetime MaxCare warranty for $1960. I think if I worked a bit harder I could have purchased it for $1800.
cqlink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #95
plynn7
2014 WK 

If anyone is willing to travel to the DC area there is another group buy offering 7% below invoice.
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #96
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqlink View Post
Update on Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty: A few folks here mentioned they purchased theirs from Harold Zeiglar (online). Zeiglar is a Chrysler dealer. I received a quote from them of $2185.00. Online quotes from Detroit dealers were the same. I asked my dealer to beat $2000. I got the Lifetime MaxCare warranty for $1960. I think if I worked a bit harder I could have purchased it for $1800.
Awesome deal for sure, but I am told dealer cost is $1885 for MaxCare Lifetime/$100 deduct.
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #97
cqlink

If that's the dealer cost for the Lifetime Maximum Care, I'm OK with what I paid. It looks like we have the price range for others.
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #98
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

I have not seen any post mentioning the Costco pricing. I will be pursuing the Costco pricing with my dealer.
Is Costco part of the Affiliate program that will work with Shanhuber's group deal?
mtnmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #99
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmerlin View Post
I have not seen any post mentioning the Costco pricing. I will be pursuing the Costco pricing with my dealer.
Is Costco part of the Affiliate program that will work with Shanhuber's group deal?
Sorry, but Costco (or USAA, etc) are not "Affiliates" even though they get you the same rough pricing of about 1% below invoice. You cannot use them with shanhuber's group deal to get down to 5.5% below invoice. Can't give you a solid reason why but I personally tried with the contact to use my Costco or USAA membership to qualify for the Affiliate pricing but he "couldn't".

These "associations" are affinity (no to be confused with affiliate) pricing, whereby, you get a decent price with zero haggling to get there.

How they cobble together discounts to get to a real down and dirty low price has always been very befuddling to me. You hear all the reasons why and what they can/can't do and believe some and others you are just like. "really?" and "that makes no sense". I think it's just years of built up mistrust in my case from all the phony sales tactics that makes me a bit jaded in general when negotiating a car price. Thankfully, shanhuber's contact is a real straight shooter. In the end, don't care how he got there, but he did.
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #100
shanhuber

My dealer will give you the best price period. No haggling, just the easiest car buying experience you will ever have. PM me if you want the info. 5.5% below INVOICE. - you will need to join an affiliate, and he will direct you where to go.
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #101
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

I got the ball rolling at the dealer recommended by shanhuber. The contact at the dealer has been great to work with and is happy to give the discount of 5.5% under invoice to us. I will put in my order after I check out a diesel at a local dealer. I should save about $1,300 (over the Costco discount at a local dealer) after figuring in the Affiliate fee and travel costs. I am retired so the travel time is not an issue. For those keeping score at home, below is my planned order.

Limited 4x4 billet WKJP74
Diesel, high-torque 8-speed 22H (EXF, DFD)
8.4 uConnect w/NAV RA4
Off-road Adventure II AWY
Luxury Group II AHN (required with 22H)
mtnmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #102
cqlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmerlin View Post
I got the ball rolling at the dealer recommended by shanhuber. The contact at the dealer has been great to work with and is happy to give the discount of 5.5% under invoice to us. I will put in my order after I check out a diesel at a local dealer. I should save about $1,300 (over the Costco discount at a local dealer) after figuring in the Affiliate fee and travel costs. I am retired so the travel time is not an issue. For those keeping score at home, below is my planned order.

8.4 uConnect w/NAV RA4
OK....so what's the bottom line, out the door?
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #103
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

I haven't yet completed the order, but the dealer quoted the following for the configuration listed below:

MSRP $ 48,785
Invoice $ 46,112
Our price $ 43,651 (5.3% below invoice)
plus TTL, and about $220 in various fees.

8.4 uConnect w/NAV RA4
Destination Charge
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #104
cqlink

Good deal. Very close to employee price.
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #105
nyrhockey23

It's def a good deal, but the savings quickly start to offset by higher travel expenses the further away you have to come from to pick it up.

Anyone can get 1% below invoice locally, so in the case of Mtnmerlin, the difference between his local dealer @ 1% below and the dealer in east texas that Shanhuber drools about @ 5.5% below is only $2K. If you have to fly in, then you are now paying for a plane ticket, plus hotel, plus gas to drive back home, plus meals while you're on the road, plus hotels (if you can't drive it in 1 day), etc.

Also keep in mind this is for a higher-end Wk2 with MSRP of almost $50K, so in lesser models with lower invoice the savings are even less. This deal is nowhere near the "many thousands of savings" and merits putting pen to paper and doing the numbers to see if it makes sense to travel hundreds of miles for a few hundred dollars.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.