Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you pay for your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

363K views 1K replies 392 participants last post by  scony 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 2014 GC, most likely I will be going with the Overland since I have to have those new lights :p I have my financing secured and just need to find the car now. Since this model is just out this month, its hard finding comparable figures. I wanted to start this thread to help future owners out in obtaining the best price and locating a dealer that is wiling to deal. please post up what you are quoted so we can find the best dealers from around the country. I should be able to post my first quotes up this afternoon.

thanks all for your help, together we can save future owners a few bucks on their next new Jeep.

#1,129 ·
U r welcome and yes u can get that extended service contract (lifetime unlimited $100 ded) for $2400 ish online from Zeigler or Chryslerwarrantys dot com.

Chryslerwarrantys dot com shows $2517 for IL but if you fill in your name and email when get the online quote they will email you a code for $200 off soon.

FYI, dealer cost on it is right about $1985 after last increase.

#1,143 ·
Well I did it; bought a new '14 JGC Limited yesterday, and I'm satisfied with the deal, although I'm pretty sure others ave done better. MSRP is $42,645, and we agreed on a price of $38,500, plus title and regis fees. They also included a full tank of gas, and 3 years of free oil/filter changes, although I will pay the 'upcharge' for synthetic oil, after about the 2nd oil change. It's equipped exactly as I want, and not puffed up with options that I don't. I guess the Uconnect traffic/weather/fuel prices/etc. service and SiriusXM, P.P. for 1 year , is standard on all the Limiteds? Cool stuff, but I don't know what it's going to cost to keep it, when the trial subs run out.

Anyone here see the news today about the airbag recall on 2014 JGC's? I guess we'll wait to see if we get a notice in the mail.

#1,146 ·
Has anyone done any price comparisons of what a 2014 is worth now vs what they paid?

For instance.

2014 Limited 3.6 4x4 trade in $30k, private party resale $32k (currently sold new for $38,400-1k rebate)

2014 Limited 3.0 4x4 trade in $33k, private party $35k (currently sold new for $42,900-1k)

2014 limited 5.7 4x4 trade in $31k, private party $33k (currently sold new for $41,700-1k)

Changed motor only using 4x4 and 15k miles.

Kinda a quick look at depreciation value, good and bad. This doesn't include TTL.

#1,149 ·
Have you seen any private party offers at these prices? When I was buying mine, I carefully checked the used market (because I love a deal and am willing to take some risk). 4x4 limiteds were 35-36K vs. 32K above. New was pretty obvious at that gap. A lot of the listings are based off people who paid a lot more than we did for these vehicles. I might buy another if I can find a nice one for 32K.

#1,150 ·
bangback said:
Have you seen any private party offers at these prices? When I was buying mine, I carefully checked the used market (because I love a deal and am willing to take some risk). 4x4 limiteds were 35-36K vs. 32K above. New was pretty obvious at that gap. A lot of the listings are based off people who paid a lot more than we did for these vehicles. I might buy another if I can find a nice one for 32K.
Here you go at a dealership, $30k 2014 limited 3.6 4x2, they have a couple of them.

http://www.auctiondirectusa.com/veh...d-cherokee-limited-jacksonville-fl-id-7689755

What they are worth and what they are selling for is two totally different thing.

2014 Summit 5.7 4x4 17 actual miles hail damage with savage title. The good news is you won't care if it gets door dinged and it will probably go cheap. Would the factory warranty still apply?

http://www.familyautoauctions.com/i...=1&rcppg=&vtg=&fts=&so=5&bn=0&secid=16&trc=33

#1,151 ·
Not convinced

Here you go at a dealership, $30k 2014 limited 3.6 4x2, they have a couple of them.
Interesting find but not a valid comparison. The $38.4k Limited you described originally is 4x4 and should have sunroof and 8.4 radio for $38.4k to be an acceptable price.

They make a stripped down 4x2 limited with the cheap radio and no sunroof. Not surprisingly, there's not a single one in stock within 200 miles of me -- it's a bizarre package. List price is 36.5K, should be able to buy for 33K. 30.5K used with 15K miles that you found is a bad price -- 28K might be reasonable. Your example just reinforces my point -- Blue Book value has little relationship to cars actually being available to buy at that price for super low mileage cars.

#1,152 ·
bangback said:
Interesting find but not a valid comparison. The $38.4k Limited you described originally is 4x4 and should have sunroof and 8.4 radio for $38.4k to be an acceptable price.

They make a stripped down 4x2 limited with the cheap radio and no sunroof. Not surprisingly, there's not a single one in stock within 200 miles of me -- it's a bizarre package. List price is 36.5K, should be able to buy for 33K. 30.5K used with 15K miles that you found is a bad price -- 28K might be reasonable. Your example just reinforces my point -- Blue Book value has little relationship to cars actually being available to buy at that price for super low mileage cars.
Here's the fact. No sunroof, no 8.4, MSRP $38,490 as reported at Jeep.com build 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/bmo/CUJ201403WKJP74A/2TH/printSummary.do

The collapse of the housing market seem familiar? People paying more for a house than what it was worth. Market value of the house didn't mean anything either during this time, one sold higher in a market resulting in driving up other house prices resulting in a city of housing cost more than what they are worth. People still bought them.

Vehicles cost more than what they are worth, look at it this way. Banks ok with it because you will more than likely have negative equity to carry over when you trade it in, meaning more years of interest. If they were not ok with it then they wouldn't offer 120% financing of the MSRP.

#1,153 ·
Good day...my apologies in advance if this is not the appropriate thread. Had an '05 Jeep lost in an accident. After 6 years in a sedan, I'm itching to be behind the Jeep wheel again. I've been doing some investigating and looking (hoping) to take advantage of year end deals with 2014 models. I've noticed there have been some issues with the 2014 line (transmission among other things.) In addition, I was curious on some pricing for a '14 JGC Limited 4x2 with Lux Grp II and Adv Tech Grp in the Upstate South Carolina area. Pricing listed is 45,580 with dealer discount to $42,714. I would imagine this could be talked down another couple grand.

My questions:
1. Is there sufficient advantage to go for a 2014 vs a 2015, particularly when it comes to price? The Limited does not look to have changed much, minus loss of dual exhaust and speaker options.
2. Any concerns with late 2014 models?
2. Any thoughts on the pricing above?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. Great forum and a wealth of valuable information.

#1,154 ·
1. Is there sufficient advantage to go for a 2014 vs a 2015, particularly when it comes to price? The Limited does not look to have changed much, minus loss of dual exhaust and speaker options.
2. Any concerns with late 2014 models?
2. Any thoughts on the pricing above?
assuming Greenville zip of 29601....

Correct, no diff except maybe your color choices with Deep Cherry and Black Forest Green not being avail to order for a while (but you can maybe find one in stock)

1. TrueCar (a good current market actual price barometer) says 3 dealers will sell you:

2014 GC LTD LuxII/Adv Tech Pkg $39,663 +ttl (that's 3.2% below invoice plus the $500 rebate)

2015 GC LTD LuxII/Adv Tech Pkg $41,088 +ttl (that's 0.3% below invoice plus the $500 rebate)

2. No, most things attended to by then just be sure build date is 7/24/13+. Even then you might get the brake booster or visor light Recalls or the half-shaft CSN depending on build date. My 11/6/13 build date only got the visor light one (minor).

3. You can do better by using TrueCar, or an affiliate program like Treadlightly (1% below invoice), negotiating, etc..

2014 invoice for above $41,440
2015 invoice for above $41,721

BTW, something is off. You mention their price is $45,580 but MSRP (incl $995 dest) is:

2014 $43,685
2015 $43,985

good luck!

#1,161 · (Edited)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 Leasing

I am new to this forum and in market for leasing 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4. I assume since 2015 models are out, 2014 models would be cheaper. I don't need any additional options. How much would i expect to pay?
I am in DC area. Do you recommend any dealers?
Could anyone also send me a info on DC Group buy?

#1,162 ·
I am new to this forum and in market for leasing 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4. I assume since 2015 models are out, 2014 models would be cheaper. I don't need any additional options. How much would i expect to pay?
I am in DC area. Do you recommend any dealers?
Could anyone also send me a info on DC Group buy?
How much to pay? Depends on trim levwl and options. Go to truecar dot com for config and invoice numbers. DC info sent.

#1,166 ·
Curious about the DC group buy info as well if someone could PM it to me. My girlfriend is interested in doing a lease on a base JGC Limited 4x4 in northern Virginia for 36/10 or 39/10. Is it feasible to assume one can get a sub $400 monthly lease pymt with 0 down if Koon's is selling a 41k MSRP JGC for 34.5k if current MF and residual is roughly .00016 and 55% ?

#1,170 ·
I've been in discussions with a dealership about a CPO 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with V6 and Luxury II package. It was a former rental purchased directly from Enterprise and already has 30,000 miles. The fact that it was a rental and already has so many miles put me off, but I figured if I could get a good enough deal it might be worth it. We've been haggling over the price for the past week and they won't seem to budge below $36,150 OTD. KBB lists the average fair market price for this configuration at $34,254 before TTT, and tax here is 3%. Am I missing something, or are they trying to take me for a ride?

#1,171 ·
...former rental purchased directly from Enterprise and already has 30,000 miles. The fact that it was a rental and already has so many miles put me off....
I don't know the used market very well so I'll let others comment on that but expect "rental? run away" comments.

Regarding it's former owner and more importantly it's use for those 30k miles.

This is directly from the warranty booklet. Maybe in practice it is not adhered to but it is in writing so I think you should squarely confront the dealer on this should you proceed with this vehicle. Is their CPO program and warranty their own and usable only at their dealership or is it the Chrysler Group LLC factory backed warranty and CPO program/extended warranty? Others have a comment on this?

1. Your Legal Rights Under These Limited Warranties
The warranties contained in this booklet are the only
express warranties that Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler)
makes for your vehicle. These warranties give you
specific legal rights. You may also have other rights
that vary from state to state. For example, you may
have some implied warranties, depending on the state
where your vehicle was sold or is registered.
These implied warranties are limited, to the extent
allowed by law, to the time periods covered by the
express written warranties contained in this booklet.
If you use your vehicle primarily for business or
commercial purposes, then these implied warranties do
not apply
and Chrysler completely disclaims them to the
extent allowed by law

#1,172 ·
Every time they've mentioned the fact that the Jeep is CPO they've qualified it as a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty, 3 month/4,000 mile MaxCare beyond the 36,000 bumper-to-bumper, as well as a few other benefits like loaner car, road-side assistance, etc. From what I've read, that sounds like the Chrysler Group LLC backed warranty. I'll be sure to bring up that extract from the warranty booklet and see what they say.

#1,178 ·
Looks like just a few bucks below invoice ($46,711) is the going deal for your area (66212) PLUS the $2,000 Chrysler rebate so if you use one of the 3 TrueCar dealers your worst deal is $44,539 +ttl. :2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.